Doing a presentation for IT class. What are some interesting, easy to implement...

Doing a presentation for IT class. What are some interesting, easy to implement, and useful (for a normie) stuff you can do with your raspberry pi? Retropie/ all game stuff is banned.

Attached: what.jpg (374x347, 39K)

collect different kinds of dust

browsing Jow Forums

rfid shenanigans

flashing coreboot

Running a free implementation of a KMS server. It basically activates every Microsoft product that uses KMS activation. It is to be used only for testing purposes, of course :^).

This

There was a project that could manage lamps to be turned on and off with your phone.
Also you can look into a Piratebox which is a cool little project to do for sharing files and such.
Sadly most that I used mine for was Kodi and emulators.

A Pi-hole server using a Pi is good project for an adblock on a network level.

router projects are fairly easy

>IT class
what the fuck kind of waste of time class are you enrolled in?

Attached: 1190577026614.jpg (800x602, 44K)

You can make a shit printer airprint compatible.

required to get my associates of applied science in information technology systems technician. i like it so far

I run a discord bot off one of mine

And another one is a grocery list that tells you what food you have and when you need to buy more
I want to try and get it to search for recipes from stuff that I already have in my fridge but I haven't gotten around to it yet

Attached: 1535558271865.png (323x256, 40K)

Smart mirror

how do you do the grocery thing??

>normie

Ambient lightning for TVs. Using a HDMI duplicator and some Leads, you can easily create ambient light for every signal fed to the TV. Not as good as original Phillips, but nonetheless quite comfy

You can make a Twitter bot with a little python. I think there's a pretty easy walkthrough on some RPi forum about it

Python script me_flasher for zeroing out Intel ME firmware.
Pihole router.
New pis have gigabit ethernet for hosting NAS effectively.
Manage custom smart home devices.

Pi-FM

make it do beep sounds with a speaker. Perhaps a sine/saw frequency based on temperature or something

pi hole