What operating system does Jow Forums use?

What operating system does Jow Forums use?

Attached: 04EEFA68-DDFE-4423-8622-1E0E7401BA23.png (612x491, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16322168/r)
strawpoll.me/16373011/r)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Win10 LTSB.

Install gentoo

windows 7 on normal pc, windows 10 on gaming pc

Kubuntu is generally agreed upon around here as the best OS to go with

gentoo

ubuntu 18.04 easy to install and its just werks!
you can choose minimal install which only comes with browser + very basic apps preinstalled, like calculator and notepad.

MacOS High Sierra on MBA
Ubuntu 16.04 on T420
Arch in my dreams

Linux (strawpoll.me/16322168/r)
Ubuntu to be specific (strawpoll.me/16373011/r)

windows 10

>arch for the memes
FTFY

Debian

Windows XP Pro x64 and 8.1

Debian Stretch with JWM.

gentoo. debian if you hate compiling

Win 7 on gaming PC.
Win 10 LTSB at work
Debian and Devuan on servers and Linux workstations

I dream of running coreboot on open source hardware including the cpu.
Reality is i use linux mint on my laptop and make use of an ipad

Fedora GNU/Linux

To be fair you can’t go wrong with a more casual usage of Linux Mint and IOS devices

*Win 10 LGBT

Win 10, planning a permanent switch to Linux after fixing up my networking in my house.

windows because I wanted to accomplish something today

Home Server(s) - Windows Server 2012 R2 & FreeNas
Home Client (s) - Windows 7

Work pc - Windows Ten (Sucks ass)

Windows 10 on desktop
Fedora on laptop

and what? installing windows updates?

Arch/Win10 dual boot on desktop, devuan on raspberry

Windows 10 as my main OS on my desktop
Linux Mint 19 as my secondary OS on my desktop when I want to work
Linux Mint 19 on my work laptop

>not using GUIX in the_current_year$

Attached: guix.png (269x240, 12K)

Linux Caixa Mágica

I wonder how many times this question has been asked since this board was created.

And how many times did people argue that windows or linux is better

I just hope it's not the same people all the time

Windows 10. Sucks. ReactOS isn't even close to working and linux is for fags and trannies.

There's nothing better than Windows 10.
You may argue all you want but it is what it is.
Loonix and iFags need not reply.

Attached: clover.png (192x192, 13K)

Almost everyone seems to use either Debian based distros (mostly buntu flavors) or Arch

Playing call of duty and using photoshop instead of GIMP to make shitty boomer meme #9001

That's also what big businesses and governments do with their Windows machines

According to last poll, 60% of Jow Forums uses GNU/Linux, 30% Windows, 8% MacOs, 2% Other.

No, that's to use Microsoft Excel instead of LibreOffice Calc.
I'm sure you have more experience than me with the advantages of using Windows in the industry though.

Windows 7, of course.

Attached: About Windows 7.png (490x428, 28K)

Ubuntu Budgie
>Wanted Budgie
>Wanted just werks

Attached: 17497918.png (280x280, 15K)

What is this "Microsoft Excel", is it some sort of first person shooter?

I wonder what Other is. *BSD? Plan9* Slowlaris?

GuixSD,Ubuntu

Using an old shitty Lenovo Ideapad G530 with an archlabs install.

My main computer budget build FX8350 runs an arch/kde install

the Satan bait

arch

any specific distro you are taking a liking to?

>mfw I have accomplished things
>mfw it was without windows
>mfw people think computers can make a genius out of a brainlet
keep dreaming virgin

Attached: smug-on-you.jpg (800x533, 66K)

Xubuntu 18.08 on my "daily driver".
Mac OS High Sierra on my work laptop; mostly because I want to know how to use a Mac if needed.
Windows 10 on a VM for software testing and for the few programs that don't work on Linux and Mac OS.

>Want to use
Kubuntu 18.04
>Forced to use cause of muh games
Win10
DXVK/Proton is great, but just not there yet

Attached: download_20180910_175420.jpg (650x365, 48K)

Ubuntu 14

CloverOS

Lennart unzips for you . . .

TempleOS

Source?

Linux on every of my computers (mostly debian, xubuntu too) except my gaymes pc in which I use win7. I have to use win7 at work too because we work with proprietary shit all the time.

I unironically like Arch. I used to use debian before Arch.

baseado

Arch on laptop
Manjaro on PC (too lazy for installing arch a second time)

why does the logo look like ovaries?

Check the archive.

>too lazy for installing arch a second time
Installing Arch is easy, nigga.

I use Lubuntu, I'm curious in trying out Arch to see if the memes are true.

It is, but it takes a while. Manjaro is quicker and basically the same. I can switch to the arch repos anytime I want

to vendendo minha arte das coisas que a natureza da

female empowerment

I usually try to stick with Fedora's KDE spin but since not every one of my PCs is a workstation I'm running Ubuntu mate and CentOS, along with my fedora rigs

Macos at home
xubuntu on my netbook I carry around with me

>It is, but it takes a while
True, it takes all of 20 minutes. You could jack off and work up another chub in that time.

Install pentoo

You can't jack off while installing, since you need to enter a command every 2 minutes. Unless you can jerk to your console.
With a gui installer you configure all at the beginning and then while waiting you can jack off

>he doesn't write his own scripts
I was just referring to the amount of the time it takes, not how to pass the time.

muito interessante

Manjaro i3
All the benefits of arch without the autism

>My mom wipes my ass for me, so I'm not autistic
Right...

>still lives with mom so this insult is relevant to this user
Found the arch user

Seriously though, is it really that hard to learn how your computer works? Why are you here if you don't really care about technology.

I love technology but I don't have the time or the energy to figure out the interworkings of it.
I play emulators but I'm not going to sit there looking at the code to see how it works
I just want it to work without sacrificing hours crawling through a wiki to figure out why something is broken

Gentoo > Debian > Everything Else > Arch

>I just want it to work without sacrificing hours crawling through a wiki to figure out why something is broken
That's the thing man; if you spent the time, it would pay off. All of the knowledge you gain compounds. I haven't had an issue with my operating system that I couldn't solve within 10 minutes because of all the troubleshooting I've done over the last three years; the majority of which weren't spent using Arch, I used to use debian as my main driver. However, if you have a full-time job, I get it. I used to do 50-60 hours, and come home beat to shit.

>All opinions that aren't mine are incorrect.

Antergos, obviously. Arch with less autism.

>The current state of Jow Forums

>the absolute state of Jow Forums

Arch Linux on server, Artix Linux (Arch w/ openrc) on thinkpad t510

Considering Void cause runit on the memepad

>the current state of autists pretending they're good with technology

>the current state of autists thinking they're good with techbology

>techbology
This is what happens when I don't proofread

>using linux for your daily needs
>can't do shit other than browser internet and create shit ton of dockers, run programs and browse amazon
>LITERALLY NOTHING

explain me why Linux is even worth considering using for daily usage? oh yea that's right, nothing.

not him but enough already. it's his choice to use a ''baby'' linux distro and you're just making yourself look like a tool

meant for

gentoo + preempt_rt + irqbalance + bfq + cgroups
for minimal latency and maximal comfyness

Linux Mint

>can't do shit other than run programs
>run programs
Enlighten me user, what the fuck do you do on your computer where you're not running programs?

for /v/ niggers gaymes!=programs

I just don't understand how people who "love technology" be so retarded. It's not hard. Just learn how your computer works. I'm 100% self-taught, no one helped me; you faggots have no excuse for not putting in the effort. If having 100+ IQ makes and passion me autistic, whatever.

Unbuntu Budgie / Win 7 dualboot

I'm liking the Budgie thing, got the dock moved to the bottom, still doing the fiddling about thing

Windows 7

Why did you quote me? I love technology, I just don't think intentionally using the most retarded distro/OS out there makes you the best.

Okay, why do you think Arch is retarded?

Nobody said anything bout Arch being retarded, I was thinking more Gentoo. I /did/ say Antergos is Arch with less autism because you don't have to install it "the Arch way". In any case, I'm still running it basically because it's what I installed on my machine first and I don't have a reason to migrate to pure Arch or something past "hurr durr check it out I can follow commands on a wiki".

user I use gentoo on my main computer. I'm just saying it's his choice to use something that installs quickly and is easy to setup and use. loving technology doesn't mean it's required to use something that you have to setup manually. that's literally the dumbest thing I've heard in a while

>Antergos is Arch with less autism because you don't have to install it "the Arch way".
Dude, that's my point. If you can't install a system without instructions, why bother using linux? Just use windows or MacOS. I like learning about computers and what they can do.

>loving technology doesn't mean it's required to use something that you have to setup manually
I haven't used gentoo, but you seriously don't want to learn how to setup your system? What if I gave you a squashfs file, could you install it on your system without getting upset enough to take the easy way out? WTF is wrong with you guys? Put in some effort into your "passion."