Mics

I got the Blue snowball (black) at Best Buy 2 days ago and I'm thinking of finding something a bit higher up. I've always heard that this was a good mic. However, there's white noise when you're not talking. why is that? Any way to make it stop or should I just give up and go for the $70 version?

My budget is ~$20 extra ($50 was spent so max 75?)

I need something that won't give me white noise

Attached: 1518984985406.png (400x400, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/5idg75/guide_using_reaper_to_clean_up_noise_from_your/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's a cheap condenser mic with a shitty onboard pre-amp running off 5V usb, that's why it's noisy

if the noise is a constant spectrum you can filter it out easily

reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/5idg75/guide_using_reaper_to_clean_up_noise_from_your/

holy fuck that's a lot of words and stuff in that reddit post

Holy fuck, you're right.
Try different cables and USB ports hopefully it's just interference.

Anyone who buys a Blue any kind of microphone should die. And has absolutely no place in whatever theyre recording

This

Also its picking up eletricity or something probably. Unplug shit until it stops gor example if i record (not using a shitty blue mic) with my laptop and have the power cord in ill get a hum if i take it out, no hum

Kill yourself though

Try different usb ports, and kys.

Based

I got a studio mic from a pawn shop for $50 and got a Scarlett Solo

So what mic should I buy if I want one with good sound quality and without noise?

BM800 with phantom supply

Did you try switching ports yet like one on the back maybe?

Why do Jow Forumsentoomen even buy microphones? I see them a lot on battlestation threads. Are you all streaming gaymes or talking on discord or some shit?

Used SM58 and a Scarlett Solo

some of us play acoustic guitar

Part time job.

>Why do Jow Forumsentoomen even buy microphones?
I like to use a voicechanger.
>call self/leave sexy messages
>check messages around family members while on speakerphone
then
>rent hotel room
>tell my parents that I'm meeting a girl
>spend two nights downloading anime
>spend two nights eating good hotel food
>spend two nights jacking off with hotel lubricants
I do this at least twice a month, and my parents think that I'm a real poon hound

I talk to my computer since I have no friends and I'm lonely.

did you buy a vocoder?

based and redpilled

I record podcasts for my lab students

This shouldn't have made me laugh so hard but it did.

Attached: 1526649621018.jpg (480x480, 172K)

>blue snowball
uhh sweaty, that's a overhyped, terrible mic

Just look for a USB audio interface with 48v phantom power. Scarlett Solo or one of the cheaper Behringer ones then you'll have a much wider variety of microphones to try. BM800 is probably the best bang for the buck. I'm using a knockoff SM58 that was $28 and pretty on par with the original. Don't even fuck with USB mics even the USB AT2020 I have has shitty white noise no matter what gain it's at.

Use a different USB port dildo.

I bought one so I look like I have my shit together during video conferences.

Based

Thank me later

Attached: tuBgzbU.png (1600x5592, 2.89M)

Nope, the SM57 is not the same exact mic as 58, the capsule is different.
SM58 has a metal grille since it's a stage mic for vocals, so metal will protect the diaphragm better. Whereas SM57 has a plastic grille on top of a smaller metal grille, which is why it's usually used with instruments.
I think it's possible there might be some subtle adaptations in how the diaphragm is placed in the SM58, to make it a better fit for on-stage vocals.
But if you're buying a mic for podcasts, you don't need to get the SM58, since you're not throwing/dropping the mic on the stage, so an SM57 is also fine.

But it's not the best mic for voice at that price. It's ok for it though, with a proper windshield and maybe a bit of EQ to boost its highs and lows a bit and make it pop more.

Basically OP, the cheapest decent mics, imo, start at 100 bucks. Under 100, you make some compromises and have to live with them.

I'm back, I went there and got the "Insigna USB Professional Mic." It's got some shit, so I'mma test it out in a sec

Some of us have friends we talk to on various platforms
messenger.com
In game VC and so on! Aint it neat user!

Should I buy a lightly used Blue Yeti for cheap from some failed podcaster?

I can only imagine a NEET playing Fortnite and speaking into a radio-host-tier massive microphone, so that the 12 year-olds can hear his autistic rages.

LOL, I only play with people my own age and I only play solo personally. I need a good mic for podcasting and videos.

What's more autistic? Fortnite or Minecraft?

False.
Go talk shop with someone who can't use Google, kid

Attached: Screenshot_20180915-210854_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 500K)

>I only play with people my own age and I only play solo personally
You only play with yourself?

You can get an mxl 550 and 551 together with a case for like $70 or less new.

The 550 is mediocre overall but has a good sound for voice-over or podcasting.