/qtddtot/

Hey Jow Forums

I bought a 2007 mac pro at the thrift store for 6$. before installing something other than os-x, I took a look at the files.

there was a sloppy attempt to delete things. The background was white and the desktop icons were deleted. The administer account is still logged in, but the keychain manager requires the user password to view saved forms. Does anyone know a way to get the user password, while logged in? It's os-x 10.6.8, I've seen guides for resetting it from outside the user account, but I'd rather recover it from inside if possible.

Because this is probably an easy question from someone who's never used apple stuff, I figure anyone else can ask questions too.

Attached: UFeroxvwIoiFTsB4.large.jpg (800x600, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackmac.org/tutorials/decrypt-os-x-user-account-passwords/
cdn.rawgit.com/pwnsdx/ce64de2760996a6c432f06d612e33aea/raw/23f2faa0aadb4babbfd228c8bb32a26a8c51c741/safari-ripper.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You enter single user mode by holding command+s at boot, then enter these commands.
mount -uw /

rm /var/db/.applesetupdone

reboot
Then setup a new admin account.

Liar.

Thrift stores haven't accepted computers since the 1990's.

They do in Canada

I've seen that method, I want to avoid resetting the password if possible, I'm logged in.

Attached: 20180915_145507.jpg (1613x1210, 478K)

>I want to avoid resetting the password if possible
It's probably stored in a plain text file somewhere or you can use this guide and decrypt it.
hackmac.org/tutorials/decrypt-os-x-user-account-passwords/

yeah, I've been going through the files I can get, they deleted most docs, there are about 10k emails saved, haven't read em all.

she was pretty cute in ~07

I'll get started on cracking the hash, thanks.

Is it safe to use an unsalted sha-256 hash as a tripcode?

I'd like to design an API in such a way that any user could create a server that implements the API. Users will be able to upload statistical data to this API, and I want to give uploaders an option to prove their identity.

cdn.rawgit.com/pwnsdx/ce64de2760996a6c432f06d612e33aea/raw/23f2faa0aadb4babbfd228c8bb32a26a8c51c741/safari-ripper.html

So I installed Linux. What now?

Attached: 1525361848892.jpg (969x1024, 166K)

Can hard drive refer to SSDs and HDDs or only HDDs?

>macshit
Found your problem.

My external hard drive won't turn on anymore. But it still has loads of important stuff on it. How do I recover my data? Do I need to send it away?

HDD = hard disk drive, aka hard drive
SSD = solid state drive

the term 'drive' can refer to both; use that term instead of hard drive

Plug into known good computer, if it works and detects its Linux / Mac not playing w/ file system (NTFS needs drivers on Linux use apt search ntfs)

If it doesn't boot then its karmatic retribution and god is real

Could it just be the enclosure and the hard drive is actually OK? It won't switch on at all. Nevermind boot up.

It could be. Shuck it and throw in desktop. If no desktop get a HDD dock for 3.5 or USB adapter for 2.5.

If you didn't do backups use testdisk/photorec to pull info off but hopefully you can scrap if its dead sorry user

Any additional steps to evading a discord account ban other than changing IP and reinstalling the app? Is there any supercookies or registry entries it leaves behind to prevent ban evasion?

I'm learning game programing, i need to use a update function to calculate the logic of the game, i have a code (Java) like this:
public void update(Vector2d position) {
Vector2d levelPosition = new Vector2d()
levelPosition = position.toLevel()
[...]
}

That isn't a real example, but assuming i need to use both positions in the update function, it's a good idea to create that local variable in every clock? Or i should avoid that using global variables for the class?

/thread

>If no desktop get a HDD dock for 3.5 or USB adapter for 2.5.
Instead of buying a dock will my friend's NAS work?

this is why using Java for gamedev is a bad idea
having to allocate objects just to do math is pretty fucking inefficient, but you don't have a choice, you can't make every variable global

>I want to avoid resetting the password
U WAT M8? That's the quickest way of getting a "give it back jamal".
Boot from an OSX installation disk and reset the passwords from there.

>you can't make every variable global
Only because of code design?

because its a huge pain in the ass, yes
either accept you're going to be writing inefficient code or use a different language

well i don't have much choice on Android

It literally still has a Value Village sticker on it, are you fucking kidding me?

you best believe i'm keeping that on. can't have anyone mistaking why I have it.