Neckbeards, redpill me on GUID posts

630F93FD-7264-4F21-AD0E-7(...).jpg

When this is in a filename on the chins, what does it mean? Is there software or a plugin that changes the original filename for tracking purposes? Where can I find it?

Attached: wojak.jpg (800x450, 41K)

uuidgen

Apple users.

Shills are using a meme database that assigns guids to images (so there's no naming conflicts). The conspiracy is something like that.

Phoneposters. It seems iphones and kik save images with a GUID. Kik does it in lowercase, iOS does it in uppercase.

>Is there software or a plugin that changes the original filename for tracking purposes?
Dumb iPhone posters. You can automatically change filenames with the dollchan extension.

Attached: Untitled.png (313x401, 21K)

>Is there software or a plugin that changes the original filename for tracking purposes?
iOS. The real reason is that it doesn't store unique filenames in it's filesystem for user files, it's a mess.

Jow Forums x can also change filenames to a random unix date

Some fat kike cunt is using them for a datamining. Seeing what replies picture gets.

Why would you want these things?

Don't worry about it goy. We have it all under control.

This is a stupid meme that's shilled relentlessly by swarms of r*ddit mongs who don't understand jack shit about tech. The filenames are generated by iOS devices. Any photo uploaded to iCloud gets the file name changed. I assume this is done so that Apple doesn't have to deal with repeat filenames, so they just randomize every single one. It essentially offloads the work their servers would normally do to the device, saving them money. Or maybe it's some other technical thing I don't know about. But they aren't being used to track your posts, you fucking schizo. If you don't like it you can purchase an Android device that doesn't change filenames.

Attached: enhanced-mid-29607-1445980104-1.jpg (500x499, 57K)

dumb phoneposter

image names can make you uniquely identifiable. two or three image names appearing in different threads makes it more likely someone can isolate you. even more significant on boards like Jow Forums where everyone in a thread gets a unique ID to narrow it down further.

What do you gain from promoting a false explanation?

Oh right, it's done at post time.
Carry on.

That's why I use a unique naming pattern everytime I upload an image, which already happens rarely.

Shut it down

testing

Attached: 1516095896506.jpg (474x437, 20K)

Jow Forums x random number gen for image title success

iOS

Attached: D3B1038D-CC96-423B-B01F-7CFD9A298644.jpg (1552x1939, 325K)

easiest way to filter out some phone posters