There are people on Jow Forums right now who run Windows (and most can't even program!!)

>there are people on Jow Forums right now who run Windows (and most can't even program!!)
Why are you here? Take your GPU threads to /v/, please.

Attached: windows 7.jpg (474x296, 10K)

What's wrong with having a windows desktop for every day use/gaming and a linux machine for when needed (normally for privacy reasons)

>this is no longer a technology board but a coding board
buy the website and do it faggot

What If i program CUDA C using a machine running windows? Checkmate.

>what's wrong with windows
Again, why are you here?

I'm very confident this is possible on Linux.

I'm aware it's botnet. I only use it when browsing or posting non compromising info

...but you have no reason to use it at all

Ever heard of Solidworks, CATIA, ANSYS, CES, nigger (just to cite only few of them)? That's right those programs run only on Winjews, so some of us have to use it.
And don't dare to talk about Wine or other emulators, you know that performance are shit on with them.
Script kiddies like you can get your GNU and GTFO, while the rest of the people works.

Attached: 1529178531410.jpg (174x321, 12K)

>tfw use Windows and don't play videogames
iGPU a best.

> Wine or other emulators
Do you even know what wine stands for?
Wine Is Not an Emulator

Yeah, yeah I know it's a Windows API layer/translator but you get my point

My winXp machine died and am forced to get a win10 machine, though i have absolutely zero interest in Win10 and think all microaoft employees should commit auicide for being fucking retarded and worthless.

How easy will it be to install linux on this machine. Would any average shop brandname laptop under windows 10 try to give me issues with erasing that garbage? How is the virusscan and security for linux?

>Jow Forums - Programing
Jow Forums - Technology

Hate to break it to you OP, but random loser faggots such as yourself don't set the rules. So we'll just go back to what we were doing, like you never even spoke.

Attached: 1523310286209.jpg (390x390, 114K)

>Again, why are you here?
Just to suffer

>the only profession in technology is programming

Come back when you graduate high school.

OP, is just a kid that suddenly thinks he's smart because he's using an OS designed for the third world, because Windows licenses are too restrictive for mass education.

Linux is a great thing, it allows people to deploy web servers, without heavy costs, and I appreciate it's existence. But it will never compete for general purpose computing. Mac OSX is the only OS that may supercede Windows in the future, but Linux will never unless it's redesigned from scratch and every device manufacturer has an incentive to develop for it. In Capitalist world, that won't happen.

Linux is for Communists.

You will not understand this anyway but if you'd actually work in the industry you would not behave like that.
I worked in massive, linux-based projecta for enterprise as a developer. Do I need more linux in my life than my work gives to me? No. Am I passionate about Linux? Sure, I love my job and love to get better at it.
Doing actual work with linux though doesn't mean ricing it or installing new OS every week as you try to find yourself you stupid fuck.
For last few years I was using local VMs to work on passion projects, but nowadays I just use Azure. I highly reccomend Cloud - it's actually usefull in real world.
So suck it.

>there are also people on Jow Forums right now who run babby distros and think knowing a little python and being able to issue basic git/package manager commands somehow makes them different from other button-mashing apes
Why are you here? Take your stupid questions and neofetch blogs to Reddit, please.

>why are you here?
To spite autists like you :^)

I like it when they have no actual argument so they try to hinge on some irrelevant pedantics that have nothing to do with the post in question. Just drives the point home that most adamant GNU/Linux shitposters/shills are living proof that Mt. Stupid is real.

very true. i run windows 10 and im a gamer. i dont actually program or anything useful. i dont even work or ever had a job in IT. im a gamer. all i do is respond to shitpost threads and start browser wars saying google chrome is best. what are you gonna do about it, nerd?

i run windows 7 but i c-can html unu

Jow Forums is /v/'s tech support board sweetie.

>programming
Literally why? Its just a meme

Attached: 1535324620773.jpg (345x278, 28K)