I don’t want to use python

I wanna learn java but I’m told it’s unusable.
How do I make java usable?

C is overly time consuming.

Attached: E5C055DF-02D7-4CC9-BBA8-717231D0B06E.png (1378x747, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dzone.com/articles/what-the-future-java-releases-will-mean-for-legacy
jonathangiles.net/one-guys-perspective-on-javafx/
oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/javaclientroadmapupdate2018mar-4414431.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how can you make Java usable if you don't even know it

i assume java uses the same math libraries everyone else uses

bump

java isn't unusable, it's just that it's a forgiving language so it's filled with lazy and incompetent java programmers.

for what do you want to use it for ? Client side java is dead. Oracle is literally removing everything about it in the new releases of the java platform. You can still use it but you will have to reprogram all the basics on your own.

thank god

whats a client side java? and why is it dead? Repropgram what basics?

learn C then learn C++ and then once you know why C++ is bad learn rust.

if you arent targeting native then probably learn python and shell script and even fucking js idk

if you are autistic learn haskell, any ML-family lang (ocaml best caml) and a lisp. then you can have your sense of superiority over other people

also i forgot you should also dabble in assembly while you learn c, and get a good understanding of what code your c compiler generates.

also try out writing a basic OS kernel since then you'll learn some more about what your computer actually does so you aren't a code monkey for the rest of your life.

like normal applications/programs. for example a word processor, a text editor, a video player. Basically going forward Java will only be used for server code and basic shell programs that don't rely on any major interaction with the OS.

further explaination plz i dont understand

srsly i just wanna make kawaii desu programs with java like omg cant i?

You learn D and use that instead.

>How do I make java usable?
It is usable for a lot of things. And not good for others.

Also Scala is quite cool, but not really the ideal language for programming beginners.

dzone.com/articles/what-the-future-java-releases-will-mean-for-legacy
jonathangiles.net/one-guys-perspective-on-javafx/

C++ - best general purpose language
javascript - best (only) web language
python - most available scripting language

>once you know why C++ is bad learn rust.
Only after chopping your own dick off while singing a George Michael song two pitches higher than normal.

Unravel all the 600 single empty function abstract extensions that end up happening.

Also theyre called curly brackets to separate them from square brackets.

I don't see the problem here. Don't think I ever saw a single JavaFX production software [and I think the only chance of seeing it is that they open the lib as open sauce project that can be forked by anyone], WebStart is a really retarded application updater that sucks balls and almost no one used, and in-browser Applets also sucked balls and are dead already.

As long as AWT/Swing stays, the actually relevant Java client-side applications will continue running fine.

>As long as AWT/Swing stays, the actually relevant Java client-side applications will continue running fine.

it's not. they are removing that too.

>it's not. they are removing that too.
The only thing I saw was that they
>will be supported by Oracle through at least 2026

Sauce:
oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/javaclientroadmapupdate2018mar-4414431.pdf

yeah using the old ass versions of the jdk/jre. there is no point in pursuing java as a general purpose lang for desktop/browser use. Oracle has made it clear they don't care/ don't want Java running like that anymore.

Nothing about it says they will discontinue it in any later version, it's only an assurance that these will be available and supported for *at least* another 8 years on two major JDK releases, including the upcoming one.

> there is no point in pursuing java as a general purpose lang for desktop/browser use
Except of course that's still the other enterprise use apart from being the most popular software that does work on servers?

Anything from IDE over random in-company UI to control and monitor this or that machine to tax software still depends on Swing/AWT. Mostly boring UI, yes, but they're doing a lot of work

>Except of course that's still the other enterprise use apart from being the most popular software that does work on servers?

which is why i asked what they wanted to do. I can't in good faith recommend java to anyone who wants to pursue application development.

Why not. Android apps are still mostly Java, companies still want boring Swing UI to do work, and if they don't they more likely than not will want some Web UI because that's the thing that will be supported for all foreseeable future... which may be in Javascript and stuff, but Java is one of the best languages to feed that UI with data.

They're not killing it, it just won't be part of the standard java libraries. It's something a program would have to separately package.
That's a good thing, because anything not graphical doesn't need big graphical libraries to be included.

Oracle paid people to develop these libraries. yeah its open source now but it was on life support in terms of public interest even with a salaried team behind it. you can go to other languages and platforms for quality support. Java offers you nothing in that regard now.

>all android programs are client side and java you fucking idiot

android doesn't use vanilla java...

What the hell is a java library?

Java is fine desu

>C
>time consuming
It takes a morning to learn it dude

Become a script kiddie

Use Scheme

Wtf it’s a whole language, and I don’t want to know how to only use it in text you know.

Attached: 35798827[1].jpg (345x345, 11K)

C is small as fuck, this is largely why it's so portable, there's not much to port.

All the meme LGBTQP+BBQ retards wouldn't exist without straight parents making the mistake of not aborting them, so straight is the default.

Sorry that I have to break this to you, but you will never learn how to code properly. I can tell that simply by your question alone.
I wish you the best on any of your future non programming endeavors.

I learn well eventually despite my naivety.

But what about non-text-only compilers?

>But what about non-text-only compilers?
Stop using words you don't fucking understand, there's no such thing as non-text-only compilers. If what you're trying to make is graphical programs then fucking say so.

Yeah that

Just repeat after pajeet.

Simple, use kotlin. It's a language used by slavs instead of pajeets.