What do you do with your old smartphones Jow Forums?

What do you do with your old smartphones Jow Forums?

Attached: 6E35787C-27D0-4E2B-81DD-71C2CAC21326.jpg (800x600, 98K)

I keep them in my egg sack.

I use them as retro coasters, on my hamburg Steinway & Sons grand piano coffee table.

Imagine how fucking cucked you have to be to have that many iPhones in that pic, if you're not a reviewer.

leave it in a shelf next to the only other smartphone i've ever had.
[spoiler]if you've had more than 3 smartphones since 2002 you're literally wasting your money and feeding the jews[/spoiler]

Just a pic from google user, relax

I'm still using an original Moto G that I bought new. When it stopped getting updates I install Cyanogenmod and I'm now on LineageOS. I don't use my phone that much that I need the latest and greatest. If it does calls, texts, plays music, internets and emails, I'm good.

t. iPajeet

In case you keep your phone for more than 4 years, what about battery life?

Is it worthwhile to buy a new battery and other spares rather than just buy a new phone?

sell them or give them to parents

>take them apart
>lose all the important screws
>leave gutspilled phones in their dedicated drawer

Care to post pic of the Moto G?

how long does the battery on that last? i'm guessing you've replaced it

i use my old phone as a music player

Battery life is great and I'm still on the original battery, because as I say, I'm not walking about with my face buried in it all day like a zombie. A charge will still last me all day. The most resource intensive thing is web browsing, because web pages are monstrous in size these days. I check my email more than I browse the web. And I've no social media accounts. So I'm not constantly getting notifications from those.

Pic related.

Attached: 2018-09-16-040556.jpg (600x540, 47K)

I keep using them until they stop working.

>Is it worthwhile to buy a new battery and other spares rather than just buy a new phone?

Forgot to address this part. When this phone fails to turn on. Or hold a charge for more than a few hours, I'll replace it. It's more than earned it's keep.

Use them as surveillance cams.

yeah that might become an issue but fortunately if you bought a new phone about 5 years ago they probably have replacement batteries.

now i guess you just have to buy a new phone

Never had that luxury, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find a phone with a 'removable' battery nowadays.

The Moto G still requires disassembling half the phone to replace it. Which is a pain in the arse. But it can be done should you need a replacement.

i have my note 2 plugged in just playing youtube in the background,

Now when i can afford to change devices from time to time, i sell them after getting something new. I've sold my q10 (and i still miss it), i've sold my z5c (good riddance you slippery piece of shit), now i have moto z but since keyboard mod died i'm just gonna sell it and get keyone.

I also have a shelf full of old phones/pdas/smartphones for nostalgia purposes. Dumbphones like 3310 or some shitty samsung c100, first PDAs like palm 3c, androids like moto milestone/droid 3. It's nice to take those things in hand and think about the moments i associate with them.

Attached: treo680image_0.gif (600x400, 59K)

I donate them to battered women’s shelters

connect them to my tv and pretend that I have an HTPC

Ayy. I need to switch for a 4g one myself, my old boost mobile one doesn't have microsd.

I give them to my dad and my dad gives his old one to his brother and my uncle uses it for a while before pawning it for meth or something cause he prefers to stick to his dumbphone.

Has anyone ever setup an old phone as a traffic dashcam?
Maybe I've just been watching too many YouTube videos, but I'm pretty paranoid of someone fucking with me and then driving off before I can catch their plate and a cam would help with that.

Dismantle it and than smash it with a sledgehammer

Why the fuck would you keep them instead of selling them before they drop in value? just keep one decent one for an emergencyor long trips when you dont want to lose your main phone.

Not everyone upgrades every year. When it’s replaced, usually it’s not sellable anymore

They just lie there. I always change phones when I get a new contract.

I only have 1. I'm on my second smartphone ever (was super late to get on that train).

I'm still using my first smartphone, a moto g I bought 4 years ago.

I have an old iPhone 2G and 3G that I was able to install a streaming radio app on. Now I use them as music relays for various things.

Attached: thum_2492002f753101.jpg (640x480, 40K)

For a 1st gen moto g in particular a new battery costs about 16 burgers and can be replaced in like 10 minutes by a monkey with a screwdriver so well worth doing if you're fine with the performance.

I'm still using Galaxy S4 which was my first smartphone, running lineage too. It just werks :--)

You can get some good money for that 1st gen iPhone for the clunker it is. Especially if you have the original box.

I root my Android phones and do tweaks to make them faster, turn them off and store them somewhere. It's happened that I do something to my phone and have to use one of them temporarily while I fix it. Or give them to a friend if needed.

Attached: smug_suit_long_dog.jpg (251x260, 5K)

My phones are others' old phones.
No such thing as "my old smartphone".

Put them back in their boxes and in the closet.