How long until driving your car yourself will be banned?

how long until driving your car yourself will be banned?

Attached: frog2.jpg (250x243, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iHzzSao6ypE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hopefully as soon as possible

3 seconds

Can't happen soon enough.

Why do you cucks hate driving? Are you some kind of city bound faggot?

stop giving them ideas holy shit

I hope soon. People are shit at driving cars.

It's inefficient and a waste of time.

Don't be silly. Of course (((they))) will still allow you to drive manually. But read the fine print. Good luck in court.

Isn't it safer if all cars on the road had some GPS/Internet real-time tracking? It would like literally prevent any accidents from happening.

10 minutes if we're clumsy

People don't drive better in the countryside. Computers win this one for sure, they can obviously react quicker, more systematically and even communicate with all nearby cars.

Internet is nearly useless and gps/galileo/glonass... will be used, yes.

The important thing to perfect are however the onboard sensors (lidar, cameras) and the protocol communicating with other cars nearby.

Convoy driving is already a thing for the big trucks, which saves quite some fuel.

platooning would be the proper term here.

if that happens, me and /o/ will drive off a cliff

FFS it's not about doing it better, it's about having the autonomy to do it at all, the liberty to travel where you want, when you want at your discretion, and to have fun doing it if you want. It's like you can't imagine a scenario where the government can remotely lock down your car and control your movements with no ability on your part to fight back. It's like you guys WANT to live in a dystopia.

>in b4 some shitty argument from some consumeristic 1st worlder about wasting resources

Humans are horrible drivers: they can't stay in their lane, they get road rage easily, they don't pay attention to all the signs or traffic signals, and a ton of other offenses. Self-driving cars don't have to be perfect, they just have to be better than humans, and we all know, machines have proven time and time again to do jobs better, faster, and more efficiently than humans do.
youtube.com/watch?v=iHzzSao6ypE

based

also fuck self driving car meme

Good riddance.

Considering how many fatasses, faggots and crybabies we have on this fucking planet I give it 30 or less years

as soon as we stop using democracy and Musk takes over the title of Supreme Automotive Lawmaker.

never because not all roads are sealed

Attached: 090c923c17e78aefc01c6bdb38823953?width=1024.jpg (1023x576, 115K)

>hur dur

as soon as you get a DUI for mobileposting and driving.

>go to school
>get run over

BAN CARS THINK OF THE CHILLUNS

nice argument

Would you trust a machine to perform operation on you?

This.

>t. someone who has had to drive through Howard Beach

Attached: 1417063117326.jpg (600x600, 67K)

I already don't trust other people in traffic, what's your point?

The fucking microsecond (((they))) recognize autopilot to be better than the average (reads: room temp IQ) driver. At that point they will price human drivers out of the market with insurance rates, lobby for mandatory autopilot systems in every vehicle, and have new cash-for-clunkers programs to shoah anything made pre-AI.

Attached: giftgas-575-d-r-p-75293-lir-ge-german-teacher-31215530.png (500x441, 101K)

The government can put a lock on your car already and your prospect of fighting back without another functioning part of the government are near zero. Null if they shot / bombed or otherwise killed you in the process.

Besides you don't need to make the cars remote shutdown capable or reliant on internet access or anything like that. They'll just drive smoothly from a to b, always ready to react in a ms, and follow traffic rules.

You're overblowing it. There's about 1 fatality per 100 million miles driven, and a good bit of these are caused by drunk drivers, drowsy drivers, and distracted drivers. Just having the option to have the car drive you home or to your destination would cut these incidents down massively. It doesn't have to be a mandatory thing all the time for there to be a tangible benefit.

insurance premiums will destroy those without self driving cars as they will be responsible for a vast majority of accidents, the free market will eliminate non self driving cars without government intervention.

Fuck it when they do I'll just move into the woods and grow edible roots and berries.

The speed limit of self driving cars should be 15 km/h

Elon Musk tweets
>Yes, excessive automation at Tesla was a mistake. To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated.

If this man can't even get rid of the boorish and unqualified human laborers in his OWN factory, I think it's safe to say that we're not anywhere near the tipping point where self-driving cars make it mainstream.
There will be some huge scare involving a self driving car once they reach a certain degree of adoption and everyone will be wanting a refund.

Hopefully never. It's only a matter of time before skiddies catch on and start causing accidents. Not to mention the fact you're fucking unless you're only visiting destinations in major cities.

Well, true synergy/benefits are indeed only unlocked if *all* vehicles are linked up and communicating with each other, which especially applies to high traffic regions.

Also this:
Obviously.

Why are you concerned user? do you have somewhere you want to hide?

>to travel faster this vehicle needs you to unlock premium AI by paying 300 dollars for this month's subscription fee
>accept?

What's bad about fucking in your autonomously driven car between destinations not in major cities, rather than driving? Also why limit yourself to these?

Would you trust a machine to perform open surgery on you yes or no, fucking faggot answer the question

Spoiler: in many hospitals, certain surgeries are performed by a robot under the supervision of a surgeon. That already happens.

Huh, why would it need to be all cars? Sensors to detect the other cars and optionally communicating with the cars that are capable of efficient driving protocol v2 nearby will be just fine.

Totally. Why the fuck not?

See

the machine wont kill me because its wife is fucking around.

Yes, the surgeries it is trained to do.

More so than a surgeon, actually, since they can sysrematically work out all bugs and work quicker and cleaner.

Tell me, one... one single reason why you need a car besides convenience? I don't need your answer because it is none.

I actually personally need one for my job...pieces of shit like you fuck it over for us who actually do use cars as they were intended (cars were invented to DRIVE, don't be a dumb ass thinking they were created for 'fun' for folks like you). Quit fucking inspiring other ignorant suburbanites and their kids to get cars when they're just stupid wanna-be hobbyists wanting to drive on the weekend... go get a fucking train ticket if you ego demands some big blast V8 mustang and a mark at a FERD, seriously... better yet, buy a fucking video game. Buy a Chinkpad and install gentoo on it you fucking neckbeard autist.

You have no reason to have a car of any kind. "but myhrrrrr transport" my ass. Maybe go run laps first if your dumb fat ass relies on a car you have no business using.

YOU are the dumb fucks that make the rest of us, who actually use cars purposefully, look bad.

Go fuck yourself and leave this shit for actual adults.

Attached: 1534289313666.jpg (800x533, 55K)

according to a DoT engineer i know self driving cars actually make roads safer by orders of magnitudes even when not every car is autonomous.

probably never because of enthusiasts and poor people driving older cars, and the simple reality that cars are not always just used to hop from parking lot to parking lot

you might see places where autonomous cars are forced into autonomous mode however

>lose license for failing to pay for parking fine
>can no longer drive without risking jail time or losing your car

Wow, such liberty!

Right now I don't, but when I move in a few months I'll have a commute that's miles long in an area that will have no public transportation. I walk everywhere around here because there's no parking and everything actually is in walking distance. I've lived in cities where driving made me want to kill myself, and I've lived in places where driving was fun. You should try pulling that stick out of your ass and experience some fun yourself.

>lose ability to not be confined to a jail cell because I let the blood out of another human
>can't move freely anymore

Wow, such liberty!

>machine can go through vat of chemicals that dissolve any organic matter in seconds
>a doctor can only rinse himself off with warm water for a few minutes

I'll choose the machine.

Neither unsealed roads nor the parking lots prevent use of self-driving cars or disadvantage them against human drivers?

Self-driving cars are obviously also better on unsealed roads

never but no insurance company will cover a non self driving car

What the fucking hell is an unsealed road? Do you mean a dirt road/unpaved road?

what else would it be?

Judging that self driving cars have already killed one person, never.

based npc

2050 or later

As the old saying goes, half of the population are dumber than the average, do you really trust them behind a several ton sack of metal travelling >10km/h?

Must be a British thing.

I don't trust them, but I don't see that as a valid reason to ban humans behind the wheel.

Really...? That's somehow hard to understand to you?
> macmillan dictionary:
> a rough road that has no hard surface
Also the thing described in

>Really...? That's somehow hard to understand to you?
hes a burger

Realistically they won't outright ban the ability to drive but will heavily restrict it. Think of it like guns in England, they're not technically banned, you just need to jump through thousands of hoops on one leg while juggling (licensed) knives and reciting pi to 500 digits to get one.

Are you actually retarded? Do you know how many people die from people driving cars?

Attached: 1504825472825.jpg (1424x1080, 250K)

about 30,000 per year for some 200+ million drivers in the USA

DRIVING MAKES ME MAD

Attached: 1535873881895.jpg (472x472, 12K)

I'm gonna guess the other burgers weren't confused about this.

Maybe other countries will just retain approximatively the current legislation for human-driving cars for a good while?

Hopefully soon
Only niggers like to drive prove me wrong

Plus ~2.24m injuries in ~5.42m crashes. Yes

what the fuck am i supposed to do if i hit someone? it's gonna be one awkward conversation

>Maybe other countries will just retain approximatively the current legislation for human-driving cars for a good while?
Sure, but the requirements will get harder over time, especially if the islam problem hasn't been solved by then since there'll be a truck attack every day or two.

You don't seem to understand here. The fact that a self driving car has killed anyone will make it incredible harder for it to ever become a real thing left alone the government ban human drivers.

Further more it makes no sense what so ever to ban human drivers aside from maybe in cities and highways. Making people in rural area forced to buy self driving cars is a huge waste of money and makes no sense. Especially for those who live around dirt roads that aren't marked in a lot of cases since google gives no shits about them on maps.

this but even angrier

Driving is wonderful. I don't get why people hate it unless their only experience is inner city gridlock driving i guess.

Assuming neither car is at obvious fault (e.g. ran a red light) you'd probably be suing the company that made the driver AI at that point. Or maybe insurance would just cover your own damage and the guy without insurance gets fucked.

back to /n/

> is a huge waste of money and makes no sense
It makes an almost equal amount of sense. The cars will still follow traffic laws better, people will be able to do their shit or even sleep while going from a to b rather than getting into accidents because they were tired, and so on. And a good percentage of added fuel efficiency for optimal driving.

Even without the traffic flow advantage in dense traffic, that's easily good enough.

> Especially for those who live around dirt roads that aren't marked in a lot of cases since google gives no shits about them on maps.
You realize there were maps before and without "google maps" right?

The government can make street maps, even you yourself can add things to openstreetmaps [or propose them for editorial inclusion anyhow] by logging them with GPS or just drawing them. Likewise you can just define the path you want to drive.

BTW a self-driving car could probably even help level a dirt path rather than drive it in a way where it gets increasingly uneven as usually happens with human drivers.

why do you hate fun so much

Yes. Pic related, humans are shit.

Attached: 7dbdc8b1e208c3c29a3da97d52873322050c7f5846f34c21615e86ccc255d772.jpg (598x726, 80K)

Just get a white (male) surgeon and you have a bigger chance of surviving.

lmao I would never ever let this ape operate on me

hopefully not long

How long until you won't be able to own a car. You can listen to streaming music on your windows operating system that is a service in your car service.

God's plan didn't include opening people and poking their organs with pointy sticks

Attached: Kittytwirl0.gif (90x90, 5K)

everything that happens is God's plan, idiot

70 years give or take, gotta wait for the generation who grew up with self driving cars to be the ones making the laws.

>Letting corporations that collude with the government control how you get around is a good idea
Why ruin it for us experts? Why not just take public transport if you don't want to drive?

>the state of fosstards

mass reply fags should be gassed

Adjust your firing solution. I'm a great driver and they can have my steering wheel when they pry it from my cold dead hands. I just know how this is going to go. Faggot ass lazy zoomers with a touchscreen-induced lack of fine motor skills will see to it that it costs a fortune to retain any level of personal responsibility/control.

I am a software developer and I don't want to be killed by someone else's buggy code. I'd much rather use the flawed monkey brain; at least it's easier to know the problem areas

i shouldnt be surprised that this place is filled with autistic retards that need their mom to drive them everywhere

Sooner than self-driving cars will be safe and reliable.

>go get a fucking train ticket if you ego demands some big blast V8 mustang and a mark at a FERD, seriously...
No train ticket beats convenience of transportation of 4 potato bags.