Concerning knowing how computers function;

Would knowing BASIC as a first language be as useful as learning C as a first language?

Attached: 2658628E-E78B-4A9E-9DAF-474B88690C2A.jpg (428x344, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xcuw7sbEd2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just learn C straight up stop being a pussy

Learn any language user.

I'd rec Javascript if you're going the front-end dev route. Web pages n' sheeit.

Python if you're going for the faggot/back end route. Because it's easy and readable code n' sheeit.

If you just want to an into programming learn python.

If you are doing this as an exercise in understanding how "computers function" learn C

I just wanna program, but pythons cucked as fuck, while BASIC has a phone app interpreter for practicing.

C is too impractical.

Okay thnx

LUA master race.

Attached: ‪+54 9 364 432-0753‬ 20180901_043121.jpg (640x640, 55K)

I’ve heard bad things about lua

No such things. Just C with support for an easier way to set up tables, and perfect for embedded code. Had no problems with its files running for themselves either.
The shit that happened with Python and other things before may happen to anything though, but as always: fork, follow the useful devs, and nevermind idiots, they are not the enemy. Just like with the FreeBSD project, even if I don't personally know the name of the project where everybody went yet. But honestly haven't been paying attention...

Attached: ‪+54 9 364 432-0753‬ 20180830_061039.jpg (640x640, 32K)

>C is too impractical.
C is the most practical language there is.

Basic isn't too bad for a first language however it's nowhere as useful as C these days. C isn't so hard just learn it

Learn basic first (it's good for initial learning), assembler second, C third, don't be a scriptcuck.

Learning C is the best thing you can do as an intro to programming. From there, you can learn object-oriented from either Python, Java, C++, C#, or Javascript and learning one will unlock the rest.

Only reason I won't recommend Python as a first language is that you need to learn datatypes without type inference.

Or if you're more interested in learning how computers function out of curiosity, download MASM and learn x86 assembly AFTER you've learned C. While it's tedious to build large applications with, it's actually quite easy to grasp.

The only things C won't prepare you for are Lisp and Haskell which are a different paradigm.

But how long will it take me to make my own game engine to make games in since there are shitty c game engines?

How do I even get a IDE working easily, and a compiler that is visual and doesn’t have text only?

What’s a scriptcuck?

I don’t wanna work too hard at my job if the python fags get to work less with better pay, how do I get to use the good languages without being worked too much?

Basic is obsolete
Learn Python, then switch to C

"Women's desirability peaks in their 40s, anyone who disagrees is a nazi bigot!"

women peak at 15

>But how long will it take me to make my own game engine to make games in
If by game engine you mean calling sdl to render 2d stuff, then it won't take that long.
If you're talking about calling opengl/vulkan/opend3d directly, don't even bother, it will take a very long time and it wouldn't be any easier if you used a higher level language.

Honestly, just use godot with gdscript or c# for scripting, no-one will judge you.

that is so true it hurts.

Everyone will say some horrible shit about your language of choice. Just try some and see what you find more interesting. Even better, try some books/tutorials and see what seems better quality. I recommend cs50 from edx, it one of the only moocs that I found that are actually worth the time.

C is cool to learn because it teaches you a little about the low level stuff, but can be a pain in the ass if you just want to build something if you don't have enough knowledge about it.

There are a shit ton of content that you can and probably should know on this field, you can't embrace everything. I bet that 90% of faggots on TI feel overwhelmed by their lack of knowledge. It is easy to be aware of how much you don't know, that is way people like you make a shit thread like that. Just find a language and ACTUALLY learn it.

pedosickfuck

Not always. Also, she at 40 looks better than 90% of woman at 25+

look up Blitz3D/BlitzPlus/BlitzMax if you want to make games in a language with BASIC syntax

>pythons cucked as fuck
can you explain why you think that way?

Maybe your fat wife did breh. I'm sorry for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=xcuw7sbEd2w

Women show their true value after 2 children. If they still look good and have not gone insane by then, then you have won the genetic sexual selection lottery.

We have 3 kids and my wife still runs marathons, looks great, has a great job and is still a lot of fun. I lucked out. I couldn't handle a 5 minute conversation with a 15 yo without sticking forks in my eyes.

>arrays start at one

Attached: disgusted_bulba.png (321x376, 218K)