Do they do it on purpose?

theverge.com/2018/9/13/17828092/gaming-pc-build-custom-how-to-asus-intel-geforce-cost

How'd he do?

Attached: chrome_2018-09-16_03-29-34.png (1806x967, 2.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/StefanEtienne
youtube.com/watch?v=jciJ39djxC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why waste $2000 when you can get a gaming rig for $600 with used/prev gen parts?

As usual I have not watched this meme video, and have no idea what it is about. I never will unless someone describes it, and I will be perfectly happy if no-one bothers.

>making dumb excuses for not watching the video cuz you're laszy

What the fuck do you play that you need a PC that powerful? There's absolutely no point to own a bleeding edge PC if you have no intention of streaming.

skyrim

twitter.com/StefanEtienne

AYY LMAO
Y
Y

L
M
A
O

I didn't watch it, and never will watch anything from the verge. But if the PC turned on and stayed on then it literally doesn't matter if he fucked up the : thermal paste, touching the cpu, not grounding himself, putting the case headers in wrong, etc.

You guys are so much y and retarded, make webm. So people stops giving views

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes A LOT of resources

>paying $2000 for a computer
>paying nearly seven times the price of a console so you have slightly better frames and bigger textures, provided the port of the game you're playing isn't shit, or if it even has a port

Why do gamers do this? The appeal of PC Gaming used to be that you could mod PC games, and play on custom maps and servers on games like Counter Strike or TF.
This is all gone now, because PC games are functionally indistinguishable from console games, and most don't allow you to mod them or create custom content for them anymore.
There's no reason to spend that much money on a gaming computer. $400 will get you a perfectly fine computer, which will handle all the tasks you could ever need.

Attached: sad face man suffering disaster.jpg (309x163, 4K)

>$400 will get you a perfectly fine computer
No.

How the fuck do you know so little about electronics that you think a bracelet would somehow help with static? I mean I know they are just consumerist sheep at these sites but damn, computers must be complete magic to them.

>he doesn't know

It pays off since I can pirate games, play emulated games, mod games, and watch cute anime girls do cute things. Though $2k is overkill

Attached: Untitled.png (1136x894, 60K)

>no video card

might as well buy a prebuilt laptop for 50 bucks

>no gpu
Add $2k to that.

Fine, get a 2400G then and pirate W10, 33% faster than Xbox One.
>inb4 it's not 4k 90 jiggarayz a second
If you say that then you're purposely misunderstanding OP's point.

Did you think watching the video was a good use of your time?

Did you think typing that was a good use of your time?

Not him but yes, you seem at least a little offended, which probably made him happier.
Seeing how you are at least offended enough to reply when someone doesn't want to watch your cancerous e-news content, also happens to make me happier.
I hope you leave this board forever and I also hope the user you replied to would post whenever he can.

>I never will unless someone describes it
>it literally doesn't matter if he fucked up the : thermal paste, touching the cpu, not grounding himself, putting the case headers in wrong, etc.

>>He left retension screws off of the cpu block
>>He didn't put any fans on his radiator
>>He used a Livestrong Lance Armstrong Bracelet as a ESD bracelet and it still wasn't plugged in
>>Claimed his bracelet would protect him for injury by electric shock
>>The CPU block had thermal paste already on it and he the emptied a tube on to the CPU
>>Pretty sure he poked at the CPU socket pins on the mother board
>>$2000 dota machine on a 60hz 1080p display
>>all around bad and nonsensical advice

This really is MSI thermal spiritual successor.

Many PC gamers will recycle parts. My typical upgrade cycles only cost me $300-$500. I was still using sandy bridge happily till recently.

How is one to install windows without an optical drive to read the windows install disc?

>microsoft is 1/4 the total price

works fine on my i5 2500k + GTX1070

>swiss army knife
>antistatic bracelet
>mini ITX build for gaming shit
>installing the motherboard before installing anything else
>installing the CPU Cooler at the end with all the shit around disturbing
>corsair gaymeme ram
>2600MHz is pretty fast I believe
>we like lights in our gaming desktop
>only one shitty kingstone SSD for a gaming desktop
>when some games takes ~50 to 100 GB
>1080 OC for a 1080p build
>850W PSU
>platinium even tho he won't OC his shit (and people that do OC know how to build a compter so aren't the target of this video)
>"take the brick"
>fans toward the motherboard cause who gives a shit about cooling.
>meme watercooling but already prove he doesn't know a shit about cooling
>proud of using the latest i7 when ryzen exist
>CPU installation kit
>does cringe shit like "let's toss that out of here"
>8:02 : light of smartphone on, which mean he struggled installing the CPU and the cooler cause it was obviously a great idea to be the last thing installed
>Apply extra thermal paste cause "it's not enough, you need extra"
>doesn't clean the pre-applied paste
>apply the thermal paste as if he was doing a MSI how-to
>using windows
>paying for windows
>proud of installing a bunch of drivers
>play some shitty moba vs a bot and loose

You can install OS's with a usb now days can't you? Assuming you can fit the 100gb's you need on a random usb you have lying around the house of course.

>>called zip ties "tweezers"

Did he answer to all the criticism ? Despite blocking comments and like counts

I do more than playing meaningless FotM trash, so a $2k PC isn't unreasonable to me
>gigabyte
enjoy your dead mobo

Did you think typing that was a good use of your time?

I played through it on an i5 760 and gtx 760.

using a USB stick,
or a USB optical drive
or through PXE booting an installer
or... even installing it using a VM running under Linux.
pick your poison, user.

Did you think copypasting that was a good use of your time?

He did literal shit. From a basic "build your first PC perspective" it was horrible.. and from an IT perspective it was worse. (But most people don't go through 100%) because for the most part people don't need to if they're not building fixing and upgrading PC's daily. Ain't - static.. is important, but not as much as it used to be. At the end of the day, the guy didn't know what he was talking about and was reading from cards.

I don't actually think they do it on purpose.
Verge is awful and that video is proof in microcosm; money to burn and incompetent staff.

TL;DW for those who don't want to watch it
Guy with an annoying lishshhp and gunnar glasses is semi-professionally filmed building a 2000$ system with some memeworthy decisions and statements sprinkled throughout.

You might actually want to watch it, its about two steps up from waffle-ironing your thermal paste under the CPU.

Console have 720p which is total shot on every modern TV, you can literally see pixels on screen, feels like I am watching a Youtube at 360p.

Does windows come on usb?
Sounds like I'll have to spend more than 400 doll hairs

Well that chocolate s o y boy uses to play LoL

are you genuinely this tech illiterate or just memeing? how old are you?

$400 will get you 4 perfectly fine Thinkpads.

Attached: fellowgoldenretrievers2.png (641x706, 811K)

idk, but this is what their shitty website looks with ublock origin enabled kek

maybe they are trying to get more ad views by releasing purposefully retarded content

Attached: 2018-09-16 17_18_26.png (1909x2030, 116K)

it was a failed race baiting video.

The Verge hoped the GamerGate people would call him some racist slurs because of his poor computer-building. But instead they attacked his poor computer-building instead of his skin color, so they are doing full damage control by disabling like/dislike bar and comments on their video

screenshot this

P.S Stefan Etienne, you're a disgrace towards techno journalism

Are you retard? Gtfo of Jow Forums

I use 16gb on the regular and multitask as fuck. Also need fast read speeds for opening 2gb> image files and not lose my mind. Games are an afterthought but I'm glad I got a PC and not a laptop/console.

>when niggers try to build a computer

fucking KEK!

Thats some fine voodoo grade engineering right there!

>complains about how long the screws to install the radiator are
>doesn't realize that they are so long because you are supposed to attach the fans to the radiator
>proceeds to pierce the radiator with the whole length of the screws, likely creating lots of conductive aluminum shards from the destroyed cooling fins and probably causing it to leak

I'm fucking speechless.

basically this

Do you have Youtube blocked?
The entire top part is a stretched Youtube video.

>Mixes two different thermal pastes together
wtf tyrone?

here's the reply
youtube.com/watch?v=jciJ39djxC4

Black and assembled + maintained 4 separate rigs

Simple common sense as opposed to some 'technical knowhow'