Anyone else prefer normal memebrane keyboards to mechanical keyboards? I just like the quietness

Anyone else prefer normal memebrane keyboards to mechanical keyboards? I just like the quietness..

Attached: DetP7yXYtJaqQw6EVyD3dZ.jpg (1922x1080, 794K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O7lAWwVA0X8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can get quiet mechanical keyboards you know

Membrane are easier on fingers. After using mechanical keyboard I need to rest

mechanical keyboards are autism toys

shit no, i like not having to smash the keys until they bottom out while typing

but i've got a low-profile mechanical keyboard so it's comfy and not that loud

MX Black are quieter than membranes

That doesn't make any sense. You require less force to hit the actuation point on mechanical keyboards compared to membranes, so if you learn to type "softly" a mechanical should be LESS strainful on the fingers if anything. If you just hammer the keyboard blindly you'd have to rest your fingers regardless of what keyboard you're using.

Yeah, same here.
I used to love mechanical keyboards, because I've always liked microswitch feedback. That was still in the time I still typed with two fingers like a maniac though, and now I like keyboards that are light and sensitive (yet not those flat apple things that are getting more and more popular, keys still need to be keys).
The only mechanical keyboards I'm experienced with are those old IBM ones, so maybe the newer ones are much better. I'm not willing to shell out 150 to try though. No keyboard "feeling" could be worth that amount of money.

I think with the gay pride being more popular every day, we should see a rise in the membrane keyboards industry soon.

Rubber domes are a pretty clever design desu, Creating this fucking complciated sliding spring mechanism when you can just put a little bit of rubber instead, is pretty stupid. And rubber dome keyboards have a much lower failure rate also, which is why mechanical keyboards are so rare.

I bought a mechanical keyboard and I'm literally ashamed of had fallen for this meme.

haha how fucking weak are you?
its not that complicated. mechanical keyboards are rarer because of economics.

t o p r e
o
p
r
e

based

Attached: 926d0a25.jpg (465x391, 27K)

I also prefer membrane keyboards

Attached: 20180508_162214.jpg (4032x1960, 1.92M)

Just get one of bajillion $20-30 chinese mechanical keyboards out there

Not me, I greatly enjoy both the tactile feeling and the clickiness itself. I find them very satisfying and pleasant to type on.

been using MX blacks since 2004, the fuck is wrong with you?

if you want quiet just o-ring the fucks

I have a microsoft keyboard from about 1997. I don't know what it is, membrane, mechanical, I have no fucking idea. It is fine though. Pretty much any standard keyboard from dell etc is fine. Though I think you seem to be referring to the soft ones, which are usually the cheaper chiclet style keyboards that make no noise. I fucking hate those.

o-rings don't help a whole lot
t. MX red user with o-rings

what kind of switches are you using

they do

In my eyes, anything with full key travel is better than laptop/chiclet keys.

Mechanical keyboards are the Apple of keyboards. It's literally just morons paying extra for imagined improvements in how it feels

>costs the same as a dell office keyboard
>somehow more expensive
k

I use them myself, user, I speak from experience
They help a little. They only dampen the sound of the key hitting the bottom of its travel, and they don't do anything when the key pops back up. If you're like me and you usually don't bottom out the keys when you press them, they don't make a whole lot of difference.
If you press the keys harder than I do, or you have different switches that are pretty quiet when they pop back up, it would make a more meaningful difference.

>coworker has mechanical keyboard
>headphones are forbidden

I have a Steelseries 6GV2 with MX Black, I can tell you that they're not quiet.
When I'm playing with friends and we're on Discord, they often ask me to put my mic as far as possible from my keyboard.

I can honestly say that I prefer mech keyboards but the membrane ones are just as good.

stop typing like a retard

nice argument

Never understood the appeal for mechanical keyboards, it's expensive as fuck.
BUT I found some form factor quite cool, like the Vortex Race 3. Smaller, down to the essential... Now if some manufacturers could do the same without meme switches and for 50% less, that would be great.

Attached: Macfay_Hardware_Test_Vortex_Race_3_75_040.jpg (1200x900, 248K)

I went from membrane -> mechanical then back to my membrane one.

Mechanical is a fucking meme.

The original appeal of mechanical keyboards, since they weren't the buckling spring nostalgia meme, was that they lasted 2-3x longer than membrane.

But if you want quiet look at the silent switches. Silent red, matiaz quiet clicks, zilents, gateron silents, etc. I've found they're all quieter than membranes. I use zilents in the office and it's noticeably quieter than the dell and HP membranes that people use. Even my coworkers are surprised that a keyboard is so quiet.

just get a drevo for 30 bucks.

its 100% sure hes bottoming out, they will help him a lot.

not an argument.

>When I'm playing with friends and we're on Discord
either go that way or kys.
Thank you :-)

>select all traffic lights
>no traffic lights in the picture.
>select all cars
>it works
tricked google like a king lol ;-)

Get silent switches. The stems have embedded rubber so it dampens the press AND the rise. O-rings cannot compare to actual silent switches.

Hey, thanks user, the Excalibur looks nice !

Yeah, I prefer membrane keyboard to mechanical keyboard noisewise.
However I like scissor keyboard best.

Scissor keyboard is quieter than the others, and has much shorter keystrokes.

I really hope there will be more gaming scissor keyboards in the near future.

scissor switches are just shorter membrane keyboards. you can do the same thing by taking your favorite membrane keyboard and using shorter rubber domes

I unironically prefer touchscreen typing on a tablet sized device

Mech is a meme, you don't need them to get good at touch typing. Some people think it's nicer to type on them but that's subjective. I only concede my point if you need n-key rollover.

Attached: 1519588243299.jpg (825x1280, 97K)

I have that meme "hybrid" keyboard Razer makes with the membrane feel at the bottom of they keystroke and a mechanical click at the top. I actually really like it even though it's not actually a mechanical switch.

you can get membrane keyboards with nkro, you just need to put in some diodes. however they do cost the same as a low end mechanical keyboard which usually do have nkro already

That's kind of retarded. The entire point of mechanical is that the rigid materials will last longer than a rubber pad

>I spent 130$ on my Dell keyboard

Attached: 1522607286221.gif (413x243, 51K)

Something tells me those will not give anywhere near the same experience.

I wish that everyone retarded enough to fall for the mechanical keyboard meme would be killed off.

Yeah.

Still the flat keytop of scissor keyboards is attractive to me though
because it's easy to slide fingers on the keytop.

>130$
>30$
>0$
>$
dumb yuropoor detected
here in America dell and mechanical keyboards cost 20 bucks.

so you like chiclet keyboards. you can get mechanical chiclet keyboards now days. not all scissor switches are in the chiclet style

Not at all. Even the rubber domes I like have an actual PCB under them.

Attached: IMG_0534.jpg (3211x2037, 2.5M)

Crapacitive > Memebrane > Memechanical

Yeah, also I prefer silent keyboards.
So mechanical keyboard is hard to accept.

you can get quiet mechanical chiclet keyboards, though they aren't cheap

Yes. Mechanical is noisy and tiring and for what?

How does learn to type???

This. I've never used a membrane keyboard, but if they have the same amount of travel as a mechanical, I would be willing to try one.

If the keyboard is quieter than ordinaly scissor keyboards,
I'm really interesting in the keyboard.

if you don't mind, would you give me the info of the keyboard?

I type like a tard and my fingers tend to slip off the keys a lot on anything but a mechanical keyboard. I think the "feel" people are describing is less of a comfort thing, and more of a positive confirmation that the keys you have pressed, have been pressed.

>american calling other american "yuropoor"
kek. Oh, americans.. Pure stupidity has and always will be your highest achievement.
That's why we just call you americans and don't need to invent some silly name of it. It's more than degrading enough in it's own right. Also, we're not mentally 5 y.o. our whole life.

Attached: 1516850254277.jpg (503x424, 23K)

Thinking about getting a cherry keyboard with mechanical switches. Mostly everyday stuff with some (non competitive) gaming. How are Browns? Any experiences?

>guy at work brings mechanical keyboard in one day
>next morning he gets called into bosses office
>he puts mechanical keyboard in backpack and plugs membrane board back in and doesn't say anything

fuck people who use mechs in anything but private offices.

you have a future as a comedian you know

stop being a brainlet

>posts reddit memes
>calls others stupid

Attached: ccag.jpg (374x374, 39K)

It must suck to have the feeling in the back of your mind that 350 million morons are richer then any single individual from your third world country. That kind of obsession is unhealthy user, but don't worry America is your friend and we will help you. You just have to ask!

You can spend 0$ on a keyboard if you go dumpster diving. The point still stands, comparable mechanical keyboards are usually more expensive than their normal counterparts
>inb4 a few cherrypicked examples

Not at all. Thanks to the Chinese mechanical keyboards cost the same as their rubber dome counterparts. Just because you live in a place with high import fees doesn't mean the rest us do.

Is this thing any good? It's only $40 but it has cherry red switches, it doesn't have any of the gaymur ricer features but I don't really need them.

Attached: 4185049.jpg (800x289, 51K)

nigger just get switches that are silent, like Cherry MX SIlent or Razer Yellow, or some other brand's version.

I have both, I started on browns.

Just go with reds, trust me.
They feel smoother and aren't as loud.
I use reds at the office and browns at home but I still prefer the reds by a narrow margin, from now on I will just buy either reds or blues, browns aren't good enough at being tactile or quiet to be worth it.

this honestly desu. good for nights that i just wanna stay in bed.

Was it blues or what?
I use reds and no one gives a shit because most people have in headphones anyway and aren't autistic.

It's fine, just don't expect anything beyond a regular keyboard with red switches because that's literally all it is.

Good for an office setting.

I don't really need macros, fancy lighting, removable cable or aluminium construction. As long as it feels good to type on then it's all good. The only complain that I have seen on the model is that the keycaps are cheap and get the letter get erased with enough use. I guess doubleshot pbt keycaps were too expensive to include.

YES. And I find them easier to type on, I don't like to have to push the key down like 3 fucking feet just to get a key press.

Plus I hate micro usb / mini usb that most mechanical keyboards have. In general I do want detachable cables but not with such a shitty connector.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at the differences.
I wish I could try them out somewhere though

>what are brown keys
the absolute state of Jow Forums

>IBM Model M
>Dell SK-8135
I guess I'm a membrane man!

Had the Cherry Streamline XT once and want something similar. It was pretty silent and the typing experience wasn't actually that bad.
The follow-up model has issues in qc according to Amazon reviews.

So is there something similar to pic related?

Attached: Cherry Streamline XT.jpg (1500x1052, 100K)

>he actually started to believe his own meme.
kek. Our average standards of life are so much better than yours it's not even a comparison.

>reddit memes
you high? or just clogged brain arteries?

Attached: 1535004117292.jpg (466x566, 41K)

use speakers

A mechanical keyboard is nice. Unless you're a writer/author/programmer or you love typing, then a mechanical keyboard is more advantageous for gayming/casual use

>mechanical keyboards are loud t. mouthbreather
youtu.be/O7lAWwVA0X8

Even if you don't use silent switches, you can put on those rubber dampening clips to silence them significantly.

Or if you're really cheap then ajazz ak33 has pretty much the same layout

I bet none of you salty fags has a keyboard that changes backlight color according to your processor temperature, do you? There's still only one keyboard that does it.

Attached: 555orly.jpg (273x253, 19K)

Attached: 1518601598789.png (1600x864, 726K)

Interesting. I switched to a mech and no longer have RSI... Cherry MX browns take 45g actuation force.
>dumb niggers

Attached: pressure.png (2472x1078, 299K)

Try laying off the onions.

Not gonna lie, that's pretty neat.

Maybe you need to start exercising if you're this weak

that's a very good keyboard

Why is it so hard for you faggots to understand push to talk? so many of you faggots exist in the PC gaming community and its so fucking annoying.

goddamn fingerlets when will they learn

This
People who have mics live all the time are the worst shitters

how flimsy is it?

I've had a few mechanical keyboards, expensive ones too, and a bunch of expensive membrane keyboards. I was surprised that I could get the mechanical feedback without actually typing a key (very carefully and deliberatly), so that showed me that the clickyness is just a gimmick that just so happens to usually happen when you press a key. I thought the click was designed as a feedback for a registered keystroke, I was wrong.
My membrane keyboards also had tactile feedback, but it wasn't a click but more of a "wob", however this "wob" was actually a manifestation of a successful keystroke and not just an added fake sound/feel, which I prefer. Also you can hover rubber dome keys right at the tipping point and with the tiniest of movement can trigger an on/off with them, wich I can't do with my mechanical keyboards. Also they're much less noisy and overall I can type faster on them. I don't know why I'm typing this on a mechanical keyboard, probably because it was the most expensive and would be a waste otherwise.