Monitor thread?

Monitor thread?

I'm looking to buy a 27 inch 1440p IPS monitor. Does anyone have experience of Dell Ultrasharp U2711 monitor? It's old but I could get one for like 150€

Attached: u2711.png (504x350, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-xub2792qsu-b1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what monitor are you coming from?

I had a U2410 and it was great. I gave it to my sister after upgrading and she still uses it daily with no problem 5 years later. yours is a newer and higher end display so I imagine it'd be worth the 150 bucks. Go for it.

Avoid auoptronics like the plague

Are 1680x1050 monitors still worth it for gaming? I have a Acer V223W

I'm currently using Asus VE247H. I want to upgrade to IPS and 1440p resolution.

Did your U2410 have anti-glare coating? I've read that many people find the anti-glare coating on U2711 distracting.

Not really, even for 100 you can get a decent 1080p ips panel

Unless you are on a tight budget, get a newer model. That monitor is pretty damn ancient, check tftcentral review. You are going to use it for years anyway, might as well make it worth.

You might be right, I'm a bit concerned of the durability as it's an old display. However the build quality should be pretty good.

Is BenQ any good? I'm also considering BenQ PD2700Q. It has pretty good specs on the paper but I've heard some bad things about BenQ and their color accuracy.

I don't know about the Dell thingy but the price seems a little too good for a QHD IPS.

I use the iiyama ProLite XUB2792QSU and I can totally recommend it.
iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-xub2792qsu-b1/

Display is a little bright so I keep it at lowest setting all the time. Colors are great, almost zero backlight bleeding.

OP, I suggest you get a cheapo Korean IPS new instead.
I bought my U2711 new at the tail end of it's lifecycle (about 2013?), it suffers from a few problems today:
- PSU is borked, if I turn the monitor off normally, I need to unplug and plug the power before it turns on again
- moving the monitor can occasionally trigger something (some accelerometer in the monitor maybe?) that causes the monitor to either repeatedly show a lock/unlocked sign in the screen or cause otherwise to beep continously. Only way to fix is to plug/unplug power cable.
- color of screen has drifted significantly, it is "orangey" despite my attempts at correcting it. Screen color is also inconsistent now, being noticably darker at the edges

Cool I found this thread.
If you anons will come from 2 1080 monitors (on in portrait and one in landscape) and you want to add a 3rd to upgrade, will you:

>4k 60hz
>1440 144hz

Tasks are the usual, will end up having the both 1080 on portrait mode at sides of the new one.

I am still using the monitor today, but I have a secondary 1440p monitor that's a local rebrand of a Korean IPS and it is significantly better as compared to the old one (probably cause it's new). The only downside was a few dead pixels, but they're unoticable in daily use.
If you still want to get the U2711, something you should know is that it uses CCFL backlighting so it's going to feel warm if you use it for a while

What would be a good korean ips? I don't know any of those brands

I got an u2715h or something like this recently and I like it so far. My only complaint would be the bezel - it's bigger on the inside (black bezel under the "glass") than on the outside, which looks bad and is retarded af. Especially when using several of these next to each other.

I came from 2x 1080. Went for a 144hz 1440p IPS as my third "main". I currently run one of my 1080's in portrait and the other in landscape. Don't regret. Gsync did not play nice though; so I had to plug both 1080 monitors via HDMI instead of DP.

I have a cheap 24" FHD LG IPS and i want to upgrade to a 27" UHD IPS. I am only looking at Dell and LG options, since they seem to have better QC than cheap korean brands. Any recommendations for around €500? I don't game much so I don't care about ultra high refresh rates, just want good image quality, low backlight bleeding, good motion for movies etc and VESA compatibility.

Higher refresh rate is worth it If you game a lot. 4k will have better picture quality and more screen estate for work though.
Personally I would go for the 1440p144hz because muh gaymes, and it's a 3 monitors setup, plenty of space.

Need a low standing monitor (just a extra screen for my laptop which is pretty low on the desk)

Not for gaming or anything just really got used to my workplace with double monitor. Feels more productive for me.

Budget £150 bong

I don't recommend you having 144Hz mixed with 60Hz monitors, in my experience it's a bit "disapointed". All 60Hz or all 144Hz.

Time ago I had a 144Hz main + 60Hz for second monitor and it felt weird, now I only have the 60Hz monitor and it's hard to get used to it

do people with high res monitors sit with their faces right next to it?
if you sit a reasonable distance (1m) away from a 27" screen, you wont really benefit from a higher res than 1080p, and text becomes tiny on 1440p and 4k screens anyways.
if you use scaling, you might as well have a 1080p.
explain the high res meme for me

Attached: Capture.png (612x378, 27K)

LG 27UD68-W or 27UD88-W (same shit but has USB hub and higher price).
As for Dell, just get an UltraSharp, U2718Q.

i have 165hz and 60hz next to each other and i don't see the problem.

get this one then , just make sure to get the 2015 version (15h) rather than 2017 one (17d), as the latter got a) worse display, b) lower response rates and better motion
backlight is okay on every one I got, but ips will always bleed a bit

Interesting POVs anons. I didn't though on 3rd one, which the difference between 144 and 60 could make me uncomfy. Now I have another point pro 144 and another one con 144. Damn.

I sit at arms length, so about 80cm. It's less about the resolution, but about the amount of "stuff" you can fit on the screen imo.

Does anyone have the Pixio PX277h or have experience with it irl? I bought one after returning two completely awful pg279q units and giving up on Gync entirely. Also the semi-HDR sounds good if I can get it to work on windows 7.

Attached: DgLG4vwU8AAY2tP[1].jpg (1200x1200, 82K)

*gsync
Also forgot to add mine is coming in on Monday, I don't have it in hand yet and these are pictures from their twitter

Attached: DgLG3dlVQAAklxy[1].jpg (1080x1080, 65K)

The frame looks pretty similar to mine (different brand), if it's a Korean IPS expect 1 or 2 dead pixels tho

it sucks get an acer

Thanks. I will most likely get the LG 27UD69 since it's cheaper than the 27UD68 and i assume a very slightly better model because of the higher number (correct me if I'm wrong).
If i find 4k to be too much for the size, I'll get the U2715h.

Not sure where Pixio is based but given it's a budget IPS it will probably have some issues. I'll be pissed if it has dead pixels though, those are unacceptable for me and the return terms for dead pixels are godawful for every company