Stacking kits are the most retarded shit I have ever seen

Stacking kits are the most retarded shit I have ever seen.
Do you really want to lug this shit around? You already have a dedicated audio player apart from your phone that almost without question gives much clearer output, allows for higher impedance headphones, and gives much more listening time than a phone because of less need to power radios and other shit, so WHY IN THE FUCKING WORLD do you then feel the need to LITERALLY STRAP ON another fucking AMP, yet ANOTHER thing that you have to charge and keep track of that adds a completely unnecessary amount of bulk just so you can get the teensy weensiest bit of more power to your headphones that you LITERALLY WILL NOT EVEN NOTICE IF USING IT ON THE GO LIKE A DAP IS INTENDED FOR ANYWAY. You will be carrying LITERAL dead weight that makes you look like 10x more the autist than you otherwise would. It's just stupid. It looks stupid. It's so mind-mindbogglingly stupid that I can't believe that people go out of their way to purchase players and AMPs to do this shit with them. It's so fucking dumb I cannot even comprehend it.

I just don't get it, Jow Forums. Also DAP thread.

Attached: 9714841.jpg (1500x1043, 689K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you are gay and also retarded

> state of arguments on this board

I agree OP. Maximum autism. I just use a good pear of headphones with my phone. No need for autism toys.

I do like DAPs and am looking into buying one for the sole reason that my iPhone 6s will be long in the tooth soon, 128GB shared across hi-res music and app data isn't enough anymore (iTunes is so fucking terrible and fails converting music while syncing 90% of the time so I don't want to have to do that anymore) so being able to continually expand storage via microSD and not fuck the battery by doing too much is a nice prospect to me.
I just started doing research and came across the stack-concept and was just so utterly dumbfounded and angry when thinking people would waste their money in such a way.

This is mine

Attached: dap.jpg (2048x1536, 326K)

But WHY though.... You're using IEMs for Christ's sake, not even hard to drive monitors.
Look at it, step back and fucking look at it. You've literally TAPED them together JUST to listen to music. What possible benefit could that reward to you over using one DAP with a good DAC/AMP on-board? (Which is THE ENTIRE POINT of using a standalone DAP)
Like, I'm sorry to roast you so much but come on, man.

Go home tranny

this is the stupidest shit ever

wow no bully please.

Attached: IMG_20171031_2025243.jpg (2315x2500, 606K)

dud you put your headphones in a microwave?

where do u even get high res music, rutracker?
what about muh video game osts?

>custom molded IEMs
>Sony walkman

Richfag detected

I hate twisted nylon braid iems. They sound good when immobile but they are so goddamned noisy when you move around or turn your head.

Don't reply to your own posts user

/s

Because it's baller as fuck.

nigger

Attached: nigger.png (439x391, 17K)

not gonna lie i'd put that in my pocket if you know what i mean

>stacking kits
More like autism kits. Audiophiles are the worst.

Nice iPod ripoff

His brain was working too hard trying to process daily life and it overheated; thus the headphones melted out of his ears.

IEM's can be hard to drive, mine sound horrible on the Sansa, but good on the FiiO.

Attached: DSC_7950.jpg (2400x1756, 1.86M)

based

those earbuds looks sick, in a ill way

Fuck music, music is for normies

who are you people that spend so much time literally doing nothing (walking? sitting on a poorfag bus?) that you invest hundreds of dollars into a COMPLETE placebo just to look more autistic?

i haven't worn headphones away from my desktop in YEARS.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-16 (2) g - Stacking kits are the most retarded shit I have ev - Technology - 4cha (483x481, 20K)

i'm using apple music on my iphone se paired with standard earpods and its quite good and comfy

Attached: 1388724617047.jpg (925x1032, 288K)

>so why
because i can. eat shit you autistic nigger.

I have a soundblaster e5 I use with my phone when I need to but I hardly ever take the e5 out of the house

>2018
>using anything but a phone to listen to music outside

What have you kids been smoking?

>2018
>having a phone
>going outside

Attached: 1536533751623.jpg (953x1282, 110K)

why would i want to downgrade to a phone in 2018 soon to be 2019?

Phones sound like shit.

Attached: IMG_20140927_152913.jpg (1184x1600, 932K)

>he still listens to touhou remixes in 2018
You don't have the right to criticize anyone on this planet.

Attached: IMG_20180910_165858.jpg (735x449, 47K)

>Kishidan Kyoudan

Patrician taste.

>hurr phones sound like shit
>use a snake oil setup to listen to shit made in FL by 12yo japs

>this is what phone-fags actually believe

Even a cheap FiiO DAP sounds better than your average smartphone.

using a good DAP is not snek oil.

THIS is snek oil

Attached: snek oil.jpg (640x480, 54K)

>Phones sound like shit.
>listens to anime meme music

Is this true?

>kz
Poor audiophiles are the worst.

>having shit taste

Touhou music is actually good though unlike anime shit.

yes

Like the guy above me said, a half decent DAP is definitely not a snake oil. You get actual hardware-related benefits like dedicated DAC chips and amplification circuits whereas in a phone, good audio is highly likely a mere afterthought. Heck, the 3.5mm jack is a dying breed now.

Attached: Fiio-X5-II-1-of-1-54.jpg (1920x1245, 427K)

Okay, you guys almost convinced me. Any decent DAP around $100 - 200 budget?

Do you have something good to plug into it?

I have a pair of Massdrop x NuForce EDC3 IEM. It's probably worthless to you audiophiles but will they benefit with a DAP?

Is the CS42L51 a good DAC chip?

probably. They're supposed to be pretty decent IEMs

my "stack"(the Fiio amp clips onto the back of the sansa case)

Dont be jelly of my 2006 low-fi setup(no flac support, rockbox never came out for the view, and the HD280's sound like shit. Plus the Fiio e5 is pointless).

Attached: IMG_20140523_151236.jpg (2592x1944, 1.24M)

Dude, ducktape 'em together, they fuse over time nad become super sayin

store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r3

Attached: TB2RAWBqf5TBuNjSspmXXaDRVXa_!!2459363412.jpg (800x800, 582K)

I use a 10 year old colby mp3 player that only works half the time with 8 dollar sony walmart earbuds. Gladnim noy as autistic as you user.

will spotify work on these weird little music things?? what about ytdl?

What is this thing? I like the form factor.

Looks like an Astell&Kern DAP. It's expensive af.

If you're downloading from youtube, sound quality clearly isn't important to you

>spotify

Attached: girl full of glue.jpg (150x190, 27K)

320kbs isn't that bad. FLAC is much better usually but 320kbs is usable

Shanling m0 if you want something small

/mu/tant here, I honestly want it for the wow factor.

>for the wow factor
???

fucking cringe m8

they do sound like shit. phone DAC is super muddy

shanling m0 if you want absolute tiniest (screen tearing but apparently that's being worked on)
$100

either walkman nw-a45 or shanling m2s for $200, entirely depends on your preferences. do some research on both, they both sound fantastic.

I legit just want to use a phone at this point.
Might get the V30 soon.
Not like I'll use planars outside or something.

>buying expensive audio equipment
>wasting it by listening to Anime music
The absolute state of audiophiles here.

>tfw everything i listen to is recorded like shit or completely unavailable in anything but shitty lossy transcodes
feels ok desu

>Judging people for their autism in this thread on this board on this website in 2018

>jus use yer phoen
We've beaten this one to death already.

Attached: 1376174879423.jpg (400x307, 28K)

Theres a slit on the back of the sansa view case(for a armband, i think?) that fits the clip on the e5 perfectly. If not for the stupidly large dock conector and bad angle that the cables comes out of it, it would be a nice neat little package.

Attached: IMG_20180916_195500.jpg (3643x1481, 857K)

By the looks of it, the oil seems to be still in the snek...
But still no stepping on, pls.

Still weeb shit, though.

>AMP
dumbass

The one shown in OP is an AMP. You don't connect a DAC with 3.5mm.

Tell me, you imbecile, what does the AMP abbreviation stand for, since you continuously capitalize those letters?

ok thats just sam ant tics, smartey poo poo pants .

Amplifier. Some headphones have a quite high impedance and need an amp.

They could make a s/pdif link trough minijack.
Player+DAC+amp stack when?

So the A stands for Amplifier, what about the other two letters in AMP?

shut the fuck up, faggot

>most retarded shit
I've seen a Klan rally, PT Cruisers, Chinese construction, and avocado toast.

In a world going insane, this isn't so bad.

>chinese construction

Attached: china.png (1400x5552, 946K)

Well OP DC-DC converters werent good and opamps and the like were powered from very low voltage rails from the 3.7v litium ion from the ipod and it sucked and strapping a better beffier opamp / amp to it made sense and because some earspeaker enthusiasts had hard to drive loads. Now circuitry has got better and its kinda dumb :/

Stacking only made sense when you had a Bling iPhone and super expensive Hi-res DAC like Chord Mojo but even then: awkward

Meh not my style but haters should note that fiio Amp has a very good analogue bass boost that would sound far better than the EQ on Ruizu and would probably be big on the ZS6 so ill allow it

Good but absolutely not value for money (like he cares)

ironicly twisted brade is the most durable i was soo damn suprised with my Tin T2

i want to disconnect

you disconnected too hard

yep i filled up my iphone 5 and 6 with 24/48 flac / alac downsamples for years thinking i was hot shit. I regret not getting a DAP sooner.

> arguing about 2d music on Jow Forums
i aint touching that shit nigger

>shanling m0

Based and Redpilled /thread (its only $100
!!!!!!)

>Poor audiophiles are the worst.

Not exactly user. I own a R2R, Turntables Huge Subs and losts of other high end shit. I havent had a disposable income lately so i bought this with $100 - Zishan Z2 DSD 256 player + Tin T2 + 64gb TF card. It is absolutely amazing. Its so dynamic and analogue and delivers religious experiences daily. I can use it blind in my pocket. I can mod it. i can leave my smartphone at home. And if loose them i wont cry ill just buy some more.

The $40 Z2 uses the same AK4990 dac as the $2500 astel and kern ak380

Asahi KASEI microdevices and chinese manufacturing (slavery) and IEMS have absolutely disrupted this richfag hobby. GOOD.

Attached: IMG_6192.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

It’s not so much that an amp is completely unnecessary, particularly when it comes to gettin the most out of high impedance headphones/earphones. This picture is hilarious because all that kit is driving $30 earphones. Here’s the thing; the earphones/headphones are always the most important link in the chain. There’s something to be said for sources/amps, but it’s not even close.

Based and redpilled

absolute poorfag wagecuck here

I fucking hate you all

Just FYI: a $50 AliExpress DAP and a pair of tin audio t2 iems will sound 99% as good as the most expensive shit here. So beyond $80, you're getting hilariously diminishing results.

>he listens to music

>Do you really want to lug this shit around?
yeah looks cool

just get a t6 and rockbox it you fucking poorfag cuck

Portable player stacking is indeed super retardness paired with having too much money. (Like almost everything in the audiophile wonderland)
I don't know whats going on in the heads of people doing this. Most just want to be part of the hype I guess.

HE IS USING A PROTABLE STACKED AMP RIG FOR IN EARS
the absolute madman

Attached: waitingpassivelyb90bmimusic.jpg (788x831, 195K)

I use my phone, $10 iems, and everything is encoded to v0 because why the fuck does portable music need to sound good

where to get that ruizu? some sites have all kind of different specs and don't feel trusty

computa go boom
now u have ur music on you

>2015 Pass
>Cutting board
>Richfag
Scissors-kun?

I've had tinnitus since I was 11 from an ear infection, fuck you too.