Why in this kind of videos, all these "software engineers" all have macbooks?? I don't see any Asus...

Why in this kind of videos, all these "software engineers" all have macbooks?? I don't see any Asus,Dell even less Thinkpads, WTF¿ They all doesn't know a shit about compouter hardware?

Attached: why.png (609x343, 496K)

I wish to bang that software engineer

>a person that likes to flex on youtube owns sheeple products
who would have thought

Everyone that has an actual job in the se industry has a macbook

based
cringe

why? there all retards?

Are you unemployed or something? You never really choose your own hardware when working.

Unless you bring your own laptop

I don't.

>there

Retard

Windows 10 is absolute trash beyond belief. I don't understand how anyone who doesn't develop for native Windows uses that trash. Use a Linux distro or MacOS if you want to be effective.

Everyone who's actually doing an actual job properly doesn't have time to make videos. You think spacecraft engineers or scientists use a macbook? Think again idiot.

I have the same keyboard. It's kinda low quality but the only one I've tried that doesn't make my hands hurt.

That's a woman.

>¿
that's a yikes from me Pablo

Because Macbooks, which run a BSD-like OS, meshes well with the typical tasks you do as a software development engineer.

Now yes, technically you could install [flavor] linux on a random laptop but try getting an enterprise IT department to support you, and good luck matey.

Windows itself is just terrible for dev work.

This pretty much

Also OP, thinkpads are for fucking autistic fucks who think by having one they seem more important, trust me you're not.

In many companies windows 10 is flat banned so you have people with windows 7 and Linux machines normally with the occasional Mac. This is based on what I've seen in the american military complex given I don't work with any front end devs but most of those guys use macs. People who record YouTube videos generally work in startups or the like because most companies worth a damn have ndas so recording will get you fired and sued.

absolutely B(a)S(e)D

although the windows part isn't really true anymore

>They all doesn't know a shit about compouter hardware?
Imagine not knowing you are in a bubble of 14-20 year old unemployed autistic gamers.

Where are you working dude? In some kind of pajeet slaveshop?

Because Windows 10 is aids and at least Macs are BSD-like and come with bash.

That being said it's still FagOS and linux should be used for any serious dev work.

>linux should be used for any serious dev work
okay this is ebin

>You think spacecraft engineers or scientists use a macbook?

Ahh yeah, some do, some don't. Doesn't really have anything to do with gay PC vs Mac arguments like on here though. It is more about "I need a desktop with shitloads of ram", or "This software runs on Windows", or "This industry is mostly windows historically".

>linux should be used for any serious dev work.
Linux is a shitty desktop experience. Mac has the best software and hardware. Linux is for servers.

Attached: thinkpads in space.jpg (3072x2098, 878K)

>bringing up a valid point on Jow Forums
You seem lost

>chinkpad

>dev work
>desktop experience
>Mac has the best software

Attached: 1523359327909.jpg (474x412, 26K)

English not your first language, ranjeesh?

DESU it's getting better. Most models/systems I use @ work thankfully aren't precompiled binaries, specifically for what you said with it being down to desktop requirements. However, for anything to be scaled, particularly to supercomputing architectures, it really can't be dependent on MacOS in any way.

I use a few flavours of loonix and then windows occasionally for the older stuff (kill me). Actually a spacecraft/avionics engineer so speaking from experience vs. assumption.

I speak English fine, your "points" are what confused me

>Linux is a shitty desktop experience
>Mac had the best software
>Mac has the best hardware

Ohhhhhh boiiiiii, someone spends too much time in furry discord bots.

Yes, you don't spend 100% of your time in a text editor. You have to use web browsers, maybe watch videos, use video calling, draw things, etc. Even in a text editor, macos font rendering is better and their screens are better.

Also, a lot of open source software supports mac better than linux in terms of the testing environment (not the runtime environment) as that is what most programmers are working in.

Then there is the fact you also do non-work things on your computer.

>you don't spend 100% of your time in a text editor
>watch videos
>draw things
is this an episode of Koding with Karlie?

Because shitposting about hardware and breaking xorg 11 hours a day gives zero experience that increases programming skills.

Even the terminals (iterm) are better on mac than linux.

Nope I like to draw things. Probably more complex than your bug testing gig.

let me guess
you are a "front end" dev and your main "language" is angular JS

>ergonomic keyboard
lmao wristlet

check'd
and
reck'd

I have a company X270

Let me guess, you are an embedded programmer, your main language is c, and you think you are the only "real" programmers.

These "software engineers" are actually just webdevs

its ok sweaty I told the mean man to leave you alone

also you have less than 2 years experience and are autistic.

Biased sampling.
The ones that feel the need to publicly display themselves to impress strangers on the internet are mostly macfags.

Attached: p3pe.png (1080x1716, 89K)

keep using osx to program your javascript sweaty, the big boys don't want you to play with them anyway

and so insecure in yourself that you start talking like this. I am assuming you can't program for shit.

Cause like 99% of the things the Media portrays, most of it is false.

hey sweaty
I scheduled another javascript bootcamp for you tomorrow
I bought you some new stickers for your macbook, too
Have a nice day at work sweaty :)

>bash version 3
>better than Linux terms

Yeaa sure there bud you've never actually used Linux have you you prob just some webdev that thinks all Linux distros are the same headless box. Don't assume everyone does as little work as you do some of us actually need control of our machines for our work or to be able to develop our own kernel drivers for our work.

Imagine being this autistic and insecure you start talking like:
>hey sweaty
to a man on the internet.

imagine being so triggered by the fact that nobody respects your main form of income that you will keep responding to obvious bait

What if they make software for windows

The "only real programmers" argument. You are elitist and also a shitty programmer most likely because good programmers don't talk like that.

Is responding to messages being triggered? I thought that was the point of this place? I am not an angular programmer or a front end programmer. I am pretty sure I know both c and linux better than you.

Because software engineer is a buzzword. These fucks in sillicon valley have somehow convinced the world that they're magicians worthy of 150K+ in their 20s when they hardly write a single line of code all day and spend time making these retarded videos.

Actual engineers work 10 hour days on real, challenging problems. They don't write a new AdSense update or work on improving the runtime of some CRUD app.

>I am pretty sure I know both c and linux better than you
doubtful

Attached: 1534891657241.png (773x326, 234K)

It's because you get all of the benefits of a Unix-like system without the instability of Windows and the jumping through hoops to get the commercial software you need for your job to work in Linux. Unfortunately, to get macOS in its most stable and reliable form, you have to buy a Mac. Hackintosh isn't stable enough for one to risk their career on.

Oh you are just a sys admin or school kid who installed linux yesterday. Do you remember slackware 3.4? That was the first distro I started using linux.

>You think spacecraft engineers or scientists use a macbook? Think again idiot.
Get rekd

Attached: NASA-MacBook-Pro.jpg (580x354, 51K)

*snap*

When I screen SREs I immediately ask if they've installed Gentoo and ask for their i3configs

if you're so good with linux why is it so difficult for you to get a desktop environment that helps for your workflow?

Good programmers understand pros and cons of their tools and what they are meant for. You clearly haven't grasped the concept of a tool yet trying to use a hammer to rebuild a transmission. Using old bash version and claiming its the best, being unable to grasp the concept of different workflows and instead simply autistically screeching about how great your tool is after failing another interview of trying to impress people with your electron calculator app that takes 600mbs of ram or namedropping a bunch of framework names.

Apple has good service and warranty. Dell is also pretty good. The rest are nightmares when dealing with them for corporate sized laptop contacts.

It doesn't it takes seconds, its like building a house, the first time you have to draft the entire thing and make sure everything is perfect the next time you just take out the draft and rebuild it with the same specs this also applies to macs but Mac.if you claim that your Mac is perfect for your workflow right out of the box that just proves the comments stating you don't actually do anything. Even a proper webdev has to config their system

I agree with you, but I'm the gentoo guy
pretty sure the angularJS macfag left

based and redpilled.

ubuntu or debian really is a fine choice

Attached: macbook-pros-at-nasa-jet-propulsion-lab.jpg (620x432, 108K)

Isn't Ubuntu still struggling to fix bugs from 12.04 ? Where the terminal randomly freezes

Bootcamp

>What is Caltech
>wearing blue means they NASA employees
>Uni professors with macs at jpl means NASA uses macs
How's the 8th grade treating you Calvin you still getting bullied ?

stay salty retard

Attached: NASA-MSL-MacBook-Pro-1.jpg (960x540, 107K)

>that boomer on the right with his glasses on his head using a model-M or similar keyboard
absolutely based.

I dont understand how people can get some invested in commercial products

I use a thinkpad with windows 10 because its cheaper than a macbook and works fine. For the majority of professionals out there this is the depth of their reasoning when deciding what computer to use.

>company that cant even send shit into space anymore
>macs
hmmm

I use a dell at AWS. Many of my onions coworkers have macbooks, but I'd rather use the (gnu/)linux image.

Low bait

>IBM
>chink

does it really matter?

I'm 20, i work as a programmer and I also know a lot about hardware, what is the problem? I'm not a useless worker.

good joke this one

It's more like cuck engineer

>enterprise IT department
Most enterprise it depts won't support ifag devices

Software engineer don't need to know something about computer hardware. They just need to understand the interface, not what's behind.

Because functional people just use tools to create something instead of arguing which piece of hardware is the best to shitpost on a manga imageboard
same way you wont see photographers arguing on /p/ whether canon or nikon is better

I wouldn't remotely care bout applel, personally I find the macos interface horrible but it's good enough on unix front.
The problem isn't even that I could use macos for whenever is need the problem is how the platform always attract and is marketed to fags and pseudo working people.
I mostly work on debian but I vm or double boot or use another windows machine to deliver specific windows software. Even for managing windows servers I can do it from Linux, but usually Linux have shitty drivers for all hardware.

>>Mac has the best hardware
You look lost user, do you know what year is it?
Macs use Incel processors, do you know how shitty they are?

Attached: Screenshot_8.png (685x140, 10K)

>Software engineer don't need to know something about computer hardware. They just need to understand the interface, not what's behind.
*writes really inefficient loops because of cache misses*

Mac is really comfy and fun for coding windows is functional and linux is garbage

>implying you're that kind of developer

If I wasn't a paranoid freetard and poor I'd probably use one too.

I've actually had the terminal freeze and force close on me in macOS. I can't think of a single time that happened to me in a Linux distro. That said, back when I used Ubuntu with proprietary graphics drivers, X11, compiz, or something else in the desktop stack would crash, taking my terminal with it. Ever since I moved to Solus (a linux distro) on Intel graphics I've been crash free though. Solus is absolutely more stable than macOS in my experience.

the compiler will take care of that, enjoy wasting your time thinking you're writing uber efficient code when in reality the compiler will completely rearrange your shitty code

Is she our new queen?

Stupid question here but isn't that dangerous? Or are laptops batteries safe now? I would think it would be fire hazard

This.
Have a Unix terminal and an almost passable package manager in brew.

This upsets the larpers.

>Apple has good service and warranty
That's hilarious user, nice one.

cope

A macbook pro 2013 is better than any modern bloatware windows 10 laptop