Ads are unacceptable

>ads are unacceptable
>tracking is unacceptable
>payment is unacceptable
So how do you expect the internet to work? Sunshine and rainbows?
>hurr everything should be at the expense of the hosts!
Ok enjoy your literally nothing internet. (inb4 snarky meme replies about how that would be a good thing, then just stop using the internet nigger)

I mean I pirate everything and I use privacy apps too but I'm not a delusional communist freetard who doesn't know how the world works.
Cringe.

Attached: 909.jpg (250x241, 7K)

>(inb4 snarky meme replies about how that would be a good thing, then just stop using the internet nigger)
Literal zero effort bait post
Also OP cannot inb4 faggot

Haha good thread

Attached: f116919504.jpg (1500x3375, 1.4M)

and derailed

Why can't society just not invest billions and trillions into tracking companies and brainwashing ad companies and instead go and give said money to content creators directly in the first place?

Then the content would be free and we wouldnt have to deal with ads or tracking. I mean the necessesary money literally is RIGHT THERE, in the ad industry.

almost everything is trash that should never have been produced

Shut up faggot kys

Because that's not how humanity works. People would rather pay indirectly by being tracked than pay a single dollar.
That is the truth.

ROLL

nice trips bro, normies are the coin, let them pay for our internet.
roll

De roll and de rail and 25 get

rollingu rollingu

give me the goods

Rollin

reroll

rolling on whomst to fap to till the mods close this shitty thread

Rool

roll

please god Mayuri or Rei

Roll for Saber

rolling for Haruhi

Rool

>So how do you expect the internet to work?
Hobbyists doing things for the fun of it. Meanwhile, end users pay ISPs to maintain infrastructure.

Roll 62

Rollan

roll!

Gib 600 yo vampire loli

By dint of dumb people aka who don't know about adblocking, tracking protection and fee apps.

Tbf, I prefer JS miners for passive profit from content consumption. Doesent track, opportunity for malvertising is eradicated. I am also pro-payment as long As its pay as you go and the content was fairly priced. Not just a flat $9.99/m suspiciously priced tier.

roll

Save me.

>>ads are unacceptable
>>payment is unacceptable
Are you retarded?
>>tracking is unacceptable
Yes and Internet was perfectly fine before it appeared.

97 where you at

Attached: 4004F770-77F1-40A0-B372-78934A9484AB.jpg (650x650, 164K)

Rolling

it worked without those the first 10 years bucko

Roll pls be maki

Reroll

Heard of Web 2.0? Fuck that shit.

rollen

it shouldn't
internet was mistake

Attached: 1448551853846.jpg (885x789, 177K)

kys weeb fag

>literally nothing internet.
you mean basic html and no cancer? sounds good to me

Rawl

shit thread
give me a cootie

>ads are unacceptable
>tracking is unacceptable
ads are unacceptable because they use tracking and other fairly malicious and intrusive methods to catch fraud from the providers serving the ads, things like static product placement, referral links, or sponsored content are all extremely acceptable forms of ads for most people once you get over the concerns of being paid to shill products
>payment is unacceptable
it's more unacceptable for the provider than it is the consumer, although the success of things like patreon/gofundme/donations/subscription models/whatever have shown that a payment model is perfectly acceptable in some cases

>So how do you expect the internet to work? Sunshine and rainbows?
>>hurr everything should be at the expense of the hosts!
>Ok enjoy your literally nothing internet.
unironically yes, things should be at the expense of the hosts as this is how it works in literally every other industry - you're still running a business whether you like it or not, if the issue is that you're not making enough money then either your monetisation strategy is shit or that your product just isn't worth as much as you think it is (or in some cases it's too costly to get a return on 'investment') and neither of these things are the fault of the consumer
the internet would be better if providers went back to providing or self hosting content at cost as a hobby, they dug their own grave by letting google et al tell them that they're entitled to revenue and subsequently got bit when google wanted a bigger cut of the pie

Attached: 1526681706348.jpg (900x2002, 827K)

Rollan

rollito

rollin

pls have big boobies

Rolling because this thread deserves to be derailed.

>payment is unacceptable
Not hardly. If I wasn't a poor student at the moment, I'd be perfectly willing to pay/donate for quality content. The only reason I'm not doing so at the moment is that I have barely enough money for living expenses.

Easy

Attached: gnu_linux_comunista[1].png (400x300, 41K)

Roll

Roll

Attached: 1534601499450.jpg (1280x1707, 333K)

roolagin

ads are for normies. Their stupidity will subsidize the internet

rolling

I'm a registered sex offender and I'm pissed off as hell that they're still allowed to shame people publically like this while elsewhere ad tracking is considered a violation of human rights.

inb4 moral hurr durr, I actually didn't hurt anyone and my sentence was so overkill I can't begin to explain

ALMOST
THREE
FUCKING
HOURS
LATER
AND
NOT
A
SINGLE
JANNIE
REPORTED
AND
DE
LE
TED
THIS
FUCKING
THE FUCK

Attached: 1364511508992.jpg (624x720, 75K)

story?

Ads should be like the ones in a newspaper. The industry fucked up so hard with all that flash crap, animations, overlays popups etc.
Now, they start fucking everything up even more by all that tracking shit.
>Why are all my visitors using adblockers hurr durr

rolllll

I expect people to earn what they get. I also expect companies to leave me alone unless I go to them for something.

Roll

unless you got done for something benign like indecent exposure (aka pissing in public) you willingly chose to break the law and risk ending up on the sex offenders registry
most people don't choose to be tracked nor are they aware of the amount of information is collected, and when leaks inevitably happens it makes identity theft easier which is a problem for everybody

Hosting of the sites I care about can be (and mostly is) done as a personal project, charity or funded by the users. Not too strange since text weighs nothing. For shit that takes a lot of data (streaming etc) there are always torrents.
inb4
>muh 4chins
Started out as personal project and was way better then.

being this brainlet
roller coaster

rolling

If sites want to claim responsibility for the ads.

>you willingly chose to break the law and risk ending up on the sex offenders registry

This is where you're wrong.
I dare say over 50% of people who lose lawsuits never intended to break the law. There's also a notable number of people who genuinely didn't know what they did was a crime, since not everything is so black and white you can intuitively know if it's right or wrong. The law rarely has any relevance to good and evil anyway. It's a bunch of bureaucratic codes formed throughout centuries to keep governments rich. Every year new obscure laws keep added and no matter how stupid the "I didn't know it was illegal" argument sounds, it's actually true, your average person barely knows 5% of all the laws.
For instance, most people think the age of consent only protects minors from sex, but kissing a minor is also considered child molestation even if you were a 19-year-old guy dating a 17-year-old girl.

>if you break the law you can't complain about the punishment you receive

This is such a childish argument.
What you're saying is simply a shallow justification so you could forget the moral dilemma of destroying people's lives.
The law should be reviewed objectively from time to time and improved. If we don't, it's like a new religion and out of control. Which it is currently.

And when it comes to online registers, I simply don't get why they exist at all.
I mean they're currently for sex offenders only. Why's that? If you kill 50 people your secret is safe as long as you didn't kiss a 17-year-old girl, huh?
I can tell our laws have been made with bitter emotions, not sense.

Roll

JANNIIIIIEEEEEEEEES!!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!! YOU FUCKING KEKS START MODERATING FOR ONCEEEEEEEEE
THIS
IS
NOT
FUCKING
TECH
NO
LO
GY
RELATED
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1262462611694.jpg (662x931, 252K)

rolling

i have nothing against ads as long as they're non-intrusive and don't make you part of some fucking botnet. as i see it an adblocker is, in most cases, legitimate self-defense. if you have non-shit ads be free to tell me so i can whitelist you

roll

rolling for mods to catch syphilis

ロール

Rollin' in cancer thread

The world wide web and the internet existed before the ad-jews followed the normies here when the smartphone was released.
It will continue to exist in a post-ad world.

ok

Rolling.

One loli por favor.

you give me revy back right now negro

i'm paying for the internet already
don't do stupid shit that bankrupts you

Roll

>i'm paying for the internet already
No you're not, retard.

you can have her, not my type, haven't watched that anime and probably never will,

ty desu, you can have whoever I roll this time

Rolling for 12

Attached: E17_-_9.png (1365x767, 1.49M)

congrats user!

Attached: 5befa14b6e53a79f468a4db4157bc478cbeb31a0b77967f11dd97bc4189daaea-late.jpg (600x549, 38K)

rollo goodlove

Ads are not unacceptable when they're just unobtrusive.
But the tracking hell that opens all sorts of pop ups, load videos and literally install viruses, those gotta go.
Google got where it got by making ads that were not hell.

great thread

>So how do you expect the internet to work? Sunshine and rainbows?
Venture capital. What's wrong with random corporations that want to catch up with the world paying for my internet, transportation and food?

I really am curious to know what country makes it illegal for a 19 year old to kiss a 17 year old and for it to be considered severe enough molestation that you can end up on the sex offenders registry
I don't even think the law is that retarded in the us and they have the most strict age of consent laws of any western nation by far

Roll

roll

sage rolling
anybody remember when noko wasn't the default?

rollan

rolling for anything but Asuka

Roll

Roll