Jow Forums Opinion on opensuse tumbleweed?

I never hear people talking about opensuse on g. Why is that?

Attached: Tumbleweed-mix.png (546x231, 13K)

Shitty arch

you dont hear people talking about it because it just werks

Attached: 1533941762233.jpg (347x346, 46K)

In what way?

Mainly used in corporate environments, and since nobody here actually has a job you never hear anyone talking about it.

This is correct. There's not much about opensuse to make fun of or complain about, so people don't talk about it.

Attached: 1462234441619.jpg (552x594, 25K)

Then why don't more people use it?

You tell me. Why aren't you using it?

I am using it though?

Oh okay, enjoy then.

xorg doesn't break every other week

Corps use TW? I worked with SLES11 some time ago, that and Lunduke got me to try openSuse. Tumbleweed was great but it had a nasty habit of breaking if I waited too long and had a large update, so I went with leap. Currently on comfy Leap 15.0.

I tried it for few months as a dual boot. Boots took forever and the screen flashed multiple times during it as it tried to find the correct graphical driver and popped between console and splash screens. Once the nice looking desktop finally showed up it always greeted me with 1100+ updates to be installed, clicking yes means that btrfs starts trashing the disk (if it isn't already doing that) and half way through the update the gui usually stops working. Reboot gets things back to normal, but the updater shows 100 or so new updates more to install, click later. Btrfs still keeps trashing the disk but it eventually settles down.

The whole update process seemed incredibly immature as it not only prevented the system from reliably being used during it, it also once broke the terminal that needed some manual config changes, and another time completelly borked itself making the system unbootable again requiring manual fixing based on some cryptic forum posts, and every time it updated the kernel and/or grub (I'm not really sure which it was) it kept messing with UEFI settings making my efistub gentoo installation unbootable unless manually recovering the settings. The biggest culture shock for me was trying to get mpv working which required trying to find some unofficial repo that had the correct things in it, why doesn't the main repo have basic things like that?! On the plus side opensuse firefox has good filepicker patched to it

Not edgy enough for Jow Forums

>Jow Forums Opinion on opensuse tumbleweed?
Using it right now. Just werks.
>I never hear people talking about opensuse on g. Why is that?
Because unlike archfags I don't derive my identity solely from the distro I use.

Using it at work
Would recommend Leap instead of Tumbleweed as it is more stable.
Many helpful people on the mailing list to ask for advice if anything breaks (hardly ever happens though)

I assume for a dev environment this is better than ubuntu or debian testing?

low drama choice since it doesn't have the leet dark souls of distros veneer like arch has

Depends
It's a stable distro if you have to use Linux
However, sometimes some packages are not available in the default repos, but that's what the obs is for

*ahem*

Boot times are shit, package manager is shit and will force bloat upon you on dist upgrade by default, no autoremove, will make you manually restart programs that used a package you just removed, most packages are broken out of the box, nfs requires fuckery with a firewall (no other distro needed this, and I even specified I'd be a nfs server at install), flatpak doesn't work, virtualbox doesn't work, discord doesn't work, all of these on a fresh install at that. It's shit. It's KDE integration and YAST are nice, but by no means worth it.

Granted, this was all on Tumbleweed, but if you want stability go Debian. If you need rolling go Fedora, or better yet Debian again on Unstable. Debian can do literally anything OpenSUSE can without any of the problems.

Attached: neofetch2.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

>this weeaboo manchild again
I shiggy hope you don't take the bait