Tfw fell for the CS meme

>tfw fell for the CS meme
holy fucking shit
It's so fucking boring it makes me cry
I literally am close to mental breakdown whenever I open IDE to write code because I just hate it so much
How the fuck do autists manage to do it every day for hours and actually find it fun? There's nothing fun about programming. I'd rather flip burgers at McDicks than write another shitty JavaScript site using latest meme frameworks that break down everything with each update because they're made by cucked retards.

Attached: 31627.jpg (1280x1237, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J876KK/
github.com/captin411/ofxclient
gitlab.com/egh/ledger-autosync
ledger-cli.org/
github.com/kendricktan/ledger-analytics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>took CS course
>can't code for hours without on the verge of crying

holy fuck, user, why did you even take CS?

CS is just another way of showing affection towards computers and is typically loved by autists because autists only live one thing, of you think its boring go and start building computer or some shit, you dont need to know what the components definitively do when you're putting together Lego bricks

>CS
>JavaScript

Attached: 1512669160066.png (400x400, 12K)

make code that solves YOUR particular problems, don't just write code for the sake of it.

i'm currently automating a greenhouse and setting up a house surveillance system, it's a fucking blast. i also have a script that pulls transactions from my bank and graphs shit like spending and net worth.

but you're right, the day job isn't always great.

how do you automate a greenhouse? im really interested
please post some resources or anything really, based user

i got a grow tent in the basement. an average hydroponics setup has a ton of shit that needs to be regulated and/or run on a schedule. off the top of my head:

- the lights (obviously)
- the fan needs to vent the air at the right rate to keep humidity/temperature
- in an ebb&flow setup a pump floods the grow tray with nutrient water on a schedule
- i have a separate RO system that will be constantly filtering incoming tap water and dosing nutrients into it. with a simple solenoid valve, it should be possible to automate water changes.
- endless data coming from your sensors needs to be synthesized and possibly graphed. eventually you can schedule water changes based on spikes in pH or TDS or whatever.
- a timelapse camera setup would be pretty sweet for watching the plants grow

you get the idea. you can take this as far as you want. here's a little cucktent you can fuck around with for relatively cheap smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J876KK/

you also get to build shit with your hands, eat delicious fresh veggies (or smoke weed), build basic stands out of 2x4s, learn some chemistry, etc.

get good enough and we can use your setup while colonizing Mars. just put the money from your next mechanical keyboard towards this instead. hey, maybe you can finally put that RPi to use too.

Attached: P9160537.jpg (4000x3000, 2.19M)

>start drinking coffee
>oh wow programming is fun

>start wearing programming socks

This, you need to last at least 6 hours before breaking down into tears.

you do it wrong

Attached: 1c.jpg (1240x580, 33K)

What do you use as a controller ?
I thought about doing something similar, albeit for different plants using an arduino board.

i just moved in, so i'm currently using a simple timer.

i plan to collect sensor data using some kind of microcontroller board like an Arduino and then feed it to my home server which is an ODROID-HC1.

That's because you weren't bullied as a kid and you had friends. The only people who enjoy coding are people who only had their computer as a friend and they needed an environment where they could finally be in control

thanks a lot my nigga
i want to start an outdoor aquaponic garden to feed my people but i lack technical knowledge on how to actually make it work. thought about going to university in netherlands, they seem to be the authority on this

Attached: 1485989252400.png (498x1480, 260K)

>>tfw fell for the CS meme
>holy fucking shit
>It's so fucking boring it makes me cry
>I literally am close to mental breakdown whenever I open IDE to write code because I just hate it so much
>How the fuck do autists manage to do it every day for hours and actually find it fun? There's nothing fun about programming. I'd rather flip burgers at McDicks than write another shitty JavaScript site using latest meme frameworks that break down everything with each update because they're made by cucked retards.
Maybe it's not for you...

>fuck your mom in the ass

IMO don't view college/uni/whateverthefuckitisyouyankscallit as an indication of the work (I can't talk, I've never studied CS/Engineering/Computers at Uni) you'll be doing, from what I've heard and seen so far from industry, the shit they have you doing, and the people you're working with in an educational setting is garbage compared to the real thing. Maybe consider a bootcamp?

cozy future feels

>i also have a script that pulls transactions from my bank and graphs shit like spending and net worth.
how do you do it?

github.com/captin411/ofxclient for interfacing with the bank

gitlab.com/egh/ledger-autosync for converting to ledger format

ledger-cli.org/ for storing the data and command line querying

github.com/kendricktan/ledger-analytics for analytics/website

Welcome to the new law degree. Buncha shitters who "heard it was easy money" but can't code for shit.

Good, you figured out it's not for you. Accept the losses and move on to a major that does interest you.

i dont have friends and i was bullied as kid but i am still bad programmer

CS actually keeps me from coding because there is so much math and theory i must learn

>CS
>JS
fuck off underage

Don't do shit you don't love user.
If you aren't in love with the idea of writing programs to accomplish shit, then you aren't fit for this career.

Webdev is one aspect though, try others.

fuck off niggers most of programming nowadays is web dev or related to it . make this site, manage this db; make a recommendation algo for my site etc and most of that can be done in JS also most of CS can be resumed in
>os ,database design, compilers, neworks, ai, webshit
os ,db and compilers would/may never be used again for most cs graduates
now ai is just importing frameworks real stuff needs a strong math grip which only few grads have
networking is nearly dead
all you are left with is webshit, so get this into your little nigger head

Found the triggered web "dev"

Attached: gas.jpg (682x515, 23K)

> CS
> JS

Attached: K86kVK2.jpg (486x168, 10K)