How to stop distro hopping

I got rid of windows 10, and now I've hopped between a million distros (everything from arch, Debian, Ubuntu, void) and I just don't know how to stop. There's always something missing all the time it feels like which causes me to hop to another distro. I can't get any work done because all I'm doing is installing new stuff... It's like a drug.

Attached: IMG_20180906_163508_896.jpg (445x445, 33K)

How come you're still alive?

sabayon. anything missing is usually in the scr therefore easy as fuck to install

Look at what you like most. And get a distro and DE combination, with the programs you end up liking most. If you actually now what you want, you will end up coming back to it untill you get tired of moving. If you DO NOT know what you want you are doomed to hopping forever.

Download antergos, choose KDE variant, replace lightdm with sddm, profit.

Attached: Screenshot_20180916_121553.png (1280x800, 222K)

I spent a couple years on Arch after distro hopping for a while but I've been on Gentoo for a year now and I can't see myself moving on to another distro. It's got a learning curve (even just using the package manager) but it's really flexible whilst also being stable.

I quite liked FreeBSD when I was distro-hopping too but I think it's just because it also has a ports tree.

Attached: beavis.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Just stay in Windows, will save you time.

you'll go back to windows soon enough after you realise linux is a waste of time

just dual boot windows and opensuse leap

Install Windows 7.

I distrohopped for years. I think it came down to finding something that really worked well enough and changing how I thought about computers.

make your own linux from scratch

this

me in the pic

PS I used Debian Stable with Mate DE. The people who make mate have been great with backports and so 1.20 is available on stable. I know enough about backporting to usually make my own deb packages if I need to (simple backporting guide, google). There's always going to be some stupid thing that looks cool that is in another distribution but if you can just get really comfy and focus on other stuff, and try running other distros in virtualbox if you get a craving to switch. Go hardcore and run another distro in virtualbox fullscreen or off a flash drive if you have a craving to switch. Do it until you run into whatever stupid bullshit would make you want to distrohop again and then boot back into your comfy homebase, whatever that may be. Maybe then you can get off the distrohopping train.

*use

Jag är så knullig och kåt nu.

Everyone who tries Linux goes through this, you're in the "Haha this is new and fun" period. So any waste of time, etc is just entertaining. Soon it won't be so entertaining and you'll actually have to do stuff with your computer and realize Linux is completely inadequate for such tasks and move back to Windows.

Bra att veta.

Go back to Windows

mmuh vide ogames

>and move back to Windows.
lol

based and Windowspilled.

I did try going back to windows (I'm not OP) and I went back to Linux after that. It just wasn't the best fit for me. Different strokes for different folks

Best advice I have seen so far.

6 years now and i'm still waiting for that to kick in

extremely based