Stupid question thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>Last thread:

Attached: 1410341031551.jpg (1024x768, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iforce2d.net/b2dtut/top-down-car
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can anyone tell me what this is and where i can buy one

Attached: pcb.jpg (1500x874, 440K)

Using Black Player
Is there a way to group my music together? Not playlists but like scrolling through my library, hitting the Touhou 10 folder, then the list of songs shows up

Attached: IMG_20180916_210854.jpg (720x1114, 119K)

redpill me on greasemonkey vs violentmonkey

In python, is there a way to save a range of values to a single variable without using a list?

You could store a tuple of the beginning and end position, and expand it using range() when needed

Thanks, funnily enough, while looking into how tuples work I came to the realization that a list would be better for what I need.

I need to return an overpriced mouse and keyboard that I ended up not liking but the store is kinda strict and needs a valid reason for a return

What's an acceptable yet vague reason to return a mouse and keyboard?

"it is uncomfortable and makes my hands hurt"

Best online C# course?

is there any way to figure out what's wrong with a comp i have? it starts and reboots before it posts. i figure its either the mobo/cpu/psu but i dont have any extra parts for it to swap out

can a network admin block the use of a vpn? I tried a vpn when connect to my uni wifi once and it refused to connect but once home everything worked fine. if this is the case, what are the workarounds? if I manage to connect with a vpn, can my uni still track the websites I visit?

I used mpv-build to install mpv master from github, and it shows up properly in /usr/local/. However, I can't seem to use scripts despite them being in the correct location. Config is default and in /usr/local/etc, and the script in question (autoload) has the following permissions: -rw-r--r--

What's the deal here?

Here's a stupid one

Do you need a netflix account that allows for multiple devices to simultaneously use their services if you use it with multiple devices, but never watch anything in more than 1 device at the same time?

I don't have a netflix account but it'd be interesting to know if it considers every single place you've logged in from a new "device".

It's by simultaneous usage. So, one screen means a single stream going at the same time, and it doesn't matter what you're watching on. Just that you're only watching a single stream at a time.

It's a BLU for a monitor/television. If you contact the company, Young Lightning, with the part number on the PCB they might offer a replacement.

Yes. It's even a feature in many home routers. Newer kinds of vpn like openvpn are a bit harder, but it's not unusual to have them blocked too. Although they may have just blocked non standard ports and limited shit to https etc ones. Some vpn's allow you to connect on different ports or use different kinds of obscuring. If you do connect successfully they won't know what you're doing over the connection, just how much bandwidth you use and when.

thanks
what does BLU stand for tho

It doesn't matter how many devices you log in or browse from. If max number of people are currently streaming and you go to watch something, it'll pop up a message telling you to go shut off one of the other streams first or upgrade.

Many thanks. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

I have basic programming skills and need to learn python 3 now.
Is "learning python the hard way" a good book for that?
I've been told that my programming isn't pythonic. I want to change that to fully use the advantages of python.
Any recommendations?

Whats the other alternative of youtube on mobile?
newpipe and the other?

Since youtube has been rolling out av1 videos, is it actually worth the processing time than to just send higher bitrate videos? or is it so that low bandwidth users can have access?

Attached: 1537048514554.jpg (960x1280, 303K)

Is there a script for rtorrent/rutorrent that detects the tracker of a torrent and automatically labels it and puts it in the correct folder for that tracker?

I've been out of torrenting for a while. Are there any good public trackers left? all the big names i used to use are gone.

Google that and the company name, Pajeet.

1337x.to has been my go-to tracker since TPB and KAT went to shit

Any sauce?

Guys?

why do you think i'm a pajeet
and BLU is another name for backlight inverter right?
do you know if i have to get the exact one or if i can get another model?

Having some issues with my network. I think it's my ISP. ISP says everything is hunky dory. ISP is bubba and earl running an ISP out of a barn, not a national. They seem to be spread throughout Indiana though.

At random times, I will be disconnected from WoW, Twitch Chat, Battle.net, etc. Twitch chat seems to get disconnected twice. I would say everything does but Tc is the only thing with a text log. Reconnection happens instantly.

My ISP is wireless, using Ubitquiti equipment. My radio is directional and pointed at their sector antenna with perfect line of sight. My radio never loses contact with their tower, but I know that the sector antenna I talk to is talking to another antenna that then connects to their fiber link, and I would assume if that was going down they wouldn't be blowing me off.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

If this were because my NIC is going to shit, would I be able to check a log somewhere to see where it's restarting the driver?

Is there an image of Win7 x64 Ultimate available which already includes SP1 and all that other shit? If windows update shuts down post-EOL i don't want to be left out in the rain unable to patch and deploy new installations

I know there's a way to slipstream this together too but to lazy to look rn

Pajeet, the part number is literally on the PCB, the company name is also there.

I wonder how you could find out if you could replace it.

Attached: 1505958399147.jpg (720x720, 19K)

> youtube has been rolling out av1 videos

So this is why ytdl-GUI isn't working on like half of the videos anymore now, lazyass dev still hasn't fixed it

Weirdly enough JDL pulls them just fine

Newpipe is the app you are looking for

i already googled the part number and didn't find anything
also the company is based in taiwan and looks like they're only b2b
thanks anyway

Thanks man. il give it a try, doesnt seem like it has as much music as kat or tpb. RIP

When I try to delete my music folder on the SD card of my phone (Galaxy S5 w/ LineageOS 15.1), for some reason it doesn't let me delete "Thela Hun Ginjeet" by King Crimson. Tried using rm from the terminal app. It's just stuck there. Can't format the SD card because I have other stuff on it. What do?

>music
RuTracker has a bunch of music. Soulseek is also a good alternative. But nothing beats Redacted.

You'd have a harder time finding an ISO that doesn't have SP1 in it. Problem with having someone roll updates for you is you can't confirm they haven't added malware to it. WSUS offline lets you download all updates to a folder and apply them whenever you feel like it. Or if you don't care about telemetry you can get it all done in a handful of updates. This is all in the OP's second pastebin.

Put the card in a computer and rm -f it away

Is there an app for Android?

What, Soulseek? I don't think so.

Id try to get into a private tracker but my internet is pretty hit or miss where im at right now. I dont think its worth it trying to maintain a decent ratio atm.

what are dangers and limitations of using unregistered win10?

Can it be used for shopping/banking/work/university etc?

myself I learned python without a book, python is just too easy to need a book, I took 10h "course" on my university just to make sure I didn't skip anything important.

yes. on the MS download page.

lol. Swapped out a bunch of hardware to eliminate issue on on my end, and almost immediate get disconnected after. nice.

install gentoo

whats that one piece of software that removes all telemetry from windows 7 again? some guy published one ages ago but i cant find it

Which DNS should i use?

Ancile is pretty much as close as it comes. Limited though, if you're still taking updates.

What's the best sorting algorithm to sort 1m+ date entries, and those entries would be read one at time from a text file? I could sort it while inserting.

Attached: 1495575666146.jpg (1040x586, 54K)

Your ISPs.

cant find anything on it, im sure some guy knocked up a CLI app though to remove and block the telemetry updates

Is there any point in using containers if privacy.firstparty.isolate is enabled?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 22.43.26.png (1392x956, 74K)

If i leave a TLC nand-bases SSD "plugged in" as in the motherboard it's connected to being connected to a power source, will this automatically prevent any bad sector problems or bit rot in the long term even though when the PC itself is turned off?

Attached: 1536855528052.png (450x481, 28K)

Is there such a thing as BusyBox/Linux?
i.e., could you run a whole Linux system with nothing but the kernel, BusyBox as an entire single-program userland, and a bootloader?
maybe also nano i mean i wouldn't want to be TOO cruel

Sure, but you'd hardly be able to do anything at all. You'd basically turn your computer into a very expensive substitute for a journal.

Top down Sprite game with a z axis?
Without needing some from scratch engine?

Asked this in another thread, I'd love to hear y'alls debate.
Concept, a 3d top down game, racer, rts, moba, infantry type game etc mmo action title
"3d models "with great z axis, physics, car suspensions etc, displayed as simple sprites or sprites with 3d tires. Sprite infantry perhaps with very very low poly 3d embellishment.
I figure sprites are way more efficient than rendering 3d models for your average game, people mentioned orthographic projection in a 3d model
GTA 1/2 had 3d buildings but I would probably try to get away from any 3d models as much as possible , in any case that had a flat z axis right?
...Anonymous
09/16/18(Sun)15:57:22 No.67636528
A discussion on top down car physics in the Box2d engine
iforce2d.net/b2dtut/top-down-car

I seem to recall that unity had a plug-in to rendern3d models as sprites but that sounds way too processor intensive for something with tons of shit flying around

Maybe the car could just be a flat Sprite that bends depending on it's orientation and flips over to a "flipped over car" Sprite if it goes over. Heh
...Anonymous
09/16/18(Sun)16:00:58 No.67636589
117 KB
117 KB PNG
Personal inspiration, games like men of war, total Anni, infantry online, planetside
That one flash mmo realm of the mad God...

personally if it were me i'd just use game maker and use the depth variable as the z axis

That's basically what it is, but you can't remove just telemetry updates. Updates aren't separate things anymore. You can't just undo or disable one. Check OP's second pastebin.

try moving the script to a custom folder then run it again.

For some reason true colors won't work for me properly in vim but they do in neovim. I am on Debian and compiled urxvt from their CVS. I have tried setting 8f and 8b just in case, did not help. I don't mind switching but I would like to know the cause.

Attached: 2018-09-16-220800_1919x1079_scrot.png (1919x1079, 141K)

I had this issue once with dropping online games from my PS4. Bought new router, replaced PS4, still kept happening. I called my ISP (Comcast) and they said that some of my ports weren't open on the router. I'm pretty sure they made that shit up, but it worked and never happened again.

give the company and p/n...I bet I could find it for you

Most engines with sprites allow you to define an axis with vp_parallel. If the engine you're working with does not, assuming it gives you access to the client renderer in the SDK, should be simple enough to add it.

My external hard drive works perfectly fine on my bluray dvd player, but no computer will even detect it. What gives?

Got a phone that i dropped and the screen cracked underneath the plastic protector (glass caused touch issues on curved s8 screen). Is there anything i can do to somehow disable the bottom part of the screen or properly cover it up to hide the light shining from the screen? I dont mind any thing such as permanent marker on the screen either since ive got the protector on still and the phone is perfectly fine to use other than the bright as fuck white light shining from the bottom section. Ty

Attached: 20180917_061611.jpg (5312x2988, 3.67M)

black tape?

Google is currently testing AV1 bitrate settings with those videos and how well end users receive them. The bandwidth saving is probably already worth the processing power for big sites like YT, even though HD footage takes days to encode. The end users won't benefit though. AV1 decoding is still really bad, with the exception of VLC's custom decoder. Tons of dropped frames, which you can't even avoid with a powerful CPU, as multi-threaded decoding isn't a thing yet.

Does it come with its own youtube-dl version? YT did some changes to their player, which broke youtube-dl for newer videos. The AV1 streams on the other hand were only labelled as unknown file format and didn't have an impact on youtube-dl's core functionality.

>Alpine Linux is a security-oriented, lightweight Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox
something like that maybe?

Is there a way in which I could run Debian AND Windows 10 at the same time?

Ideally I'd like to install Debian on my EDC USB drive, and have the ability of booting Win10 (installed currently on SSD) from a VM, without having to reboot and switch between the two constantly.

My current set-up is 100% Win10 for work reasons and vidya.

Ideally I'd like something like this:
>Computer boots from USB
>Into Debian
>Launch VM within Debian
>Windows 10 boots
>Windows 10 acts as if no Debian layer is present when booted, with full access to GPU/ HDD's/ etc.

Is this possible?

My set-up is Ryzen 5 1600x, 1050Ti + 660 TI, 16GB DDR4, X370 chipset mobo, two monitors (for each GPU individually)

probably a better idea to dual boot, what you're asking for isn't practical

Why not? The ability to instantly switch from Win to Debian would be GODLY.

where can i get this program?

It doesn't show anything when I put it in a computer because it's set as an internal shared storage card.

nvm i just missed it

to be fair i'm pretty confused as to what you want, and what you currently have
if you want to use windows for a specific purpose but want to use debian otherwise, why not dual boot?
otherwise, i think it's a better idea to install debian onto the computer, set up a windows 10 vm with gpu passthrough and map the drives over the localhost network
it's getting pretty confusing. the simple solution is to dual boot

Has anyone else used these things?
All of the early reviews (2015-2017) complain of extreme heat but I don't see anything recent, so I'm kind of confused. Did they finally get some cooler-running chips in newer revisions?

Attached: 61FHW8TcXmL._SL1189_.jpg (1189x669, 100K)

Anyone help me? i have been having this problem that my computer blue screens constantly, apps crash, games refuse to load, can't install anything either
i have bought an SSD and decided to use it as Windows but i can't install windows on it either. gives a different error everytime, and i tried with usb and dvd
what do i do here

I have a Windows 10 installation.

I want to install Debian on a USB and then boot my Windows 10 install AS IF it were in a VM.

If possible, I'd also like it to boot with full hardware access, as if the Debian installation was entirely transparent.

I don't want to dual boot because I hoard data, and I pretty much always have transfers going up or down, and I pretty much never want to shut down my computer.

Plus, it doesn't make sense to switch to windows for 5 minutes and then boot back to Linux, and then find all my tabs, programs etc again.

It'd be an ideal solution to my largest computing issue - having to use Windows for some applications, but wanting to use Linux for my everyday stuff at the same time.

>on android
>turn WiFi off
>check connections
>8.8.4.4 ESTABLISHED
WTF Google, how is this possible?

Linux is just a kernel, senpai.

perhaps install debian onto the computer, put windows 10 onto a VM and do gpu passthrough and map the drives etc and maybe use wine; while keeping a small windows 10 partition ready for dual-booting incase something doesn't work well through the VM or wine
it's hard to guarentee success when relying heavily on a VM or wine
if you say you need windows for work, i wouldn't risk it, myself

it's on the first post

Oh shush you.

How do you password protect/lock the uninstall feature on android?
Besides having to download an extra app.

hi, noob here, installed arch
made 4 paritions: boot, swap, /, home
then because im noob, installed some bloat, other peoples configs etc, now its all conflicting over each other and would just like to start again and just install what i will need step by step, not other peoples stuff. What is the simplest way? can i just somehow replace the root parition ?

baka set +s permission for the scripts you want to run

assuming you have backups of your home directory, just nuke the thing and start a fresh

It sounds like it would be more practical for you to keep your Win10 installation and use Debian in a VM.

But muh security.

no need to make a new partition table. use the arch installation media to connect to internet, format the /boot, / and /swap partitions. your personal files should be safe in the /home partition so just format /root as vfat, / as ext4 and use mkswap+swapon for the /swap partition. then just chroot into / and repeat the installation process following the guide

sorry I mean /boot as vfat

it does say
>noob here
in his post
this sounds complicated for a noob right

>use shitty laptop
>the uTorrent meltdown happens a year ago
>switch to qbTorrent
>insane performance drop, even when I have all torrents deleted
Seriously, is this shit a crypto miner? There's no reason for this retarded system reqirement in technology that has been around since the 90s.
Any other clients you guys could recommend that's friendlier to shitty hardware? I wouldn't even mind going for ancient-ware if those still work.

well it's not like he has to do any additional steps. he just needs to follow the same guide and skip the partition table part

help

I can't vouch for it myself, but I've seen many people recommending PicoTorrent as a lightweight torrent client for Windows.

I think transmission is the lightest client you can use

What about it?

Thanks, I'll check those out.