How good is the Mi Rice Cooker by Xiaomi?

Attached: 1508418909433.jpg (1300x1000, 141K)

>$250 rice cooker
Fuck that.

Just get a $10 ricer cooker from any of the stores. I got one that cooks 3 cups of (raw) rice and comes out with ~7 cups of cooked rice. I've had that for 5+ years and works perfectly.

But I already got a $10 rice cooker

Mi is expanding their product range too quickly. A few bad products could ruin their reputation for quality.

>chinkshit
>reputation for quality

>reputation for quality.

Attached: 13721C9D-2A95-4AD9-8C32-4232592692AD.png (813x850, 343K)

I've been using the ricecooker with the tiger logo for years now. 10/10 but it's also >$150

Japanese rice cookers or bust
Or get a cheap one from tawian or usa or korea

Have the Vacuumbot (new version) same haptik but better technology tha Irobot or even Miele..
So for my opinion yes they produce quality.
Next household item like dishwasher maybe com from xiaomi but never again miele or siemens..

>japanese dont produce cheap shit

why not just use a 5 dollar pot you put on a stove do you not have a stove

It's like iPhone. If you want good Rice Cooker just buy it from Midea if you want china maker or panasonic if you want japan maker.

>waste time/money/effort on producing half-baked shit
Just get those $10 electric rice cookers. Those cooks the rice perfectly, if you put in the right ratio of water/rice. Also it doesn't need the constant attention for the 30+ minutes.

Rice cookers are pointless in the age of Instant Pots

>Instant Pots
what's that?

The cheap Japanese rice cookers tend to be made in China.

I own the Mijia IH pressure cooker for about 6 months I think, and it makes absolutely fantastic rice. If I was still living alone I probably wouldn't have bought it, but it makes cooking for 2 or more a breeze.

The main problem I have with it is that it runs on 220v, and the in-app recipes are in chinese.

Functionally it works very well, and is simple to setup from your phone. I paid ~$150 canuck bucks for it.

>chinkshit
Forego buying anything associated with technology ever then.

They have their in-house products made by them like the Xiaomi smartphone but other stuff like this rice cooker is most likely a collaboration with other existing brand/company. Kinda like how their earphones are made by 1more. That's how they able to release a wide range of products.

china has factories that make good and bad stuff. some of my most well made shoes (diet butcher slim skin) were made in China

It's some over-engineered, programmable rice cooker with tons of buttons instead of just one button like in a normal rice cooker.

Those require at least some attention to get right rather than just pushing a button and walking away
The main benefit of a rice cooker is that it automatically stops cooking when it's done

>need a machine to heat up 2 ingredients for you

jesus

I spent a lot of money on a Panasonic rice cooker a few years ago and the coating in the bowl started coming off within a year. I don't do anything retarded like use metal tools or steel wool to clean the thing. The bowl doesn't even go through the dishwasher. You can't get replacement bowls because the model is discontinued so the entire thing is just junk. You're better off buying a cheap $30-50 cooker.

only rice cooker worth buying is based Zojirushi. if you can't afford it just cook it on the stove top.

>need to actively attend to your two basic ingredients when you could prepare the main dish instead
Sad

get a korean rice cooker
they're the best.

Attached: cuckoo-rice-cooker.jpg (1024x1024, 114K)

is that a machine for cucks?

>put desired amount of rice into the pot
>put water into the pot so that there is 1 cm of water above the rice
>bring water to boil, switch heat off and place lid on the pot
>in ~12 minutes the steam has cooked the rice perfectly
Works every time. Don't peek under the lid until it's done. If you make lots of rice at once you might want to put more water.

That being said I wish there were some high tech rice cookers available in my country. I love rice.

>KEKoo

Attached: 1529606077476.jpg (960x960, 125K)

>it overflows

Looks like iMac for some reason.

Do you, not understand how simmering works?

>1cm of water aboev the rice
??? Just use the measurements. Every good rice cooking pot should have one measurement for the rice and one for the water.

>chinese rice cooker sending your rice back to china

>cuck
Can’t make it up

You use a rice cooking pot?
He just means a pot with a lid, ykno

>his cooker does not have a timer
Do you own special machine for pasta cooking too?

Get an aroma cooker from costco. For $30 you can have a huge rice cooker, slow cooker, and broiler. Plus, it'll keep the rice warm or you can reheat without getting stuck - unlike 10 dollar cookers that your rice gets stuck if it stays on warm for a few hours.

So are people on Jow Forums really that bad at cooking, that they can't make rice without a purpose built device?

Attached: received_1762837730437626.jpg (540x540, 19K)

>a $10 rice cooker
Somehow I don't believe that exists.

It's induction pressure heating, and the app even has automatic instructions based on the brand and amount of rice you're using

It's comparable to japanese models 2x it's price due to Xiaomi's chink manufacturing prowess

>$250

lmfao

get a Zojirushi with a steaming basket for for dumplings, sushi, dim sims.

You're right. I tried searching for the same looking model I have, but fear not. At $14 from walmart, you get a slightly larger model. At $20+, you get a more digital variants and fancier models. Its been 5 years after all.

If you're buying for a family, its better to get the larger rice cup models.

How hard is it to add water (and some salt, pepper and possibly other things) to some rice and wait 5-6 minutes before even having to take a look at it.

Real rice doesn't cook in 6 minutes.

not for their domestic market, any model number that is sold in japan is usually good shit

>5-6 minutes
Try 50-60

>unlike 10 dollar cookers that your rice gets stuck if it stays on warm for a few hours.
Just spray some pam on the inside or add a few drops of cooking oil before you cook it

Anyone who ever considered rice cookers to be useful probably doesn't use good rice anyways.
Anything over 20 minutes is retarded.

I use good basmati rice from my local indian grocery store all the time in my $20 rice cooker. I live in a small apartment, and eat rice constantly, so it's been a boon to free up my limited stove space and provide me trouble free operation.

Nips know their rice. Also they export the shit rice and keep the good rice for themselves. Getting hold of proper quality Japanese rice is pricey.

Why do you guys eat so much rice?

You guys want bad teeth, acid reflux and loss of bone density?

I have had my dick sucked by a Nip for 30 dollars (flight excluded)

This, the GBC05-XT is a far better unit

That was a pinoy larphing as a nip.

POO

IN

LOO

this
but nowadays the japs have copied their pressur-style cooking

>I eat rice

Attached: 1520388650.jpg.png (640x795, 157K)

Why can't you idiots just boil rice in a pot like normal people?

rice is cooked perfectly (not like pot) with just 1 button, also it's lazier to make than pasta

Attached: tumblr_o0z22yTi9P1ubm73lo1_1280.jpg (1190x1254, 204K)

The absolute state

>Frogposting
>Tumblr
Jesus fucking chirst.
Also, if you spent a minute looking up how to cook rice properly, you'd realise how fucking easy to do perfectly every time.
I'd only justify getting a rice cooker if you're literally eating that shit all of the time.

More like.

Attached: 1487842778661.jpg (501x585, 40K)

it's quite noticeable you never experienced perfectly pressure-cooked rice made by a beautiful korean-talking cooker with your waifu sticker on it

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 52K)

You'll never be able to say おかわり to your rice cooker to get more.

Attached: smug-blonde-haired-anime-girl.jpg (1021x574, 44K)

thai rice for example is shit to cook in a pot, it’s very different from american uncle benz rice that cooks perfectly in a pot.

very

inferior white genes detected

They exist here, and in shitty 3rd world countries like Nepal sold by the roadside.

Sure it does. It's called a fucking pot with a lid.

So what's the benefit of using a rice cooker instead of a pan?
I get my rice cooked in like 20 minutes with seasoning and some vegetables diced in.
Pic unrelated.

Attached: 1536373227844.png (465x2152, 1.83M)

>rice cooker
Get one with either the tiger, or the elephant user.

Most likely an actual nip health professional. They don't even consider it sex if peen don't go in vagene, so blowies, and butt health is fair game.

The square format seems like a better surface to glue a seal.

Nips like short grained rice, and most other asians don't which is why they don;t really export it.

yep, theres something about the bird droppings they mix in

Just get a iron pot for 1$ and put it on your stove you consumerist whore.