How will you keep it secure post-2020 EOL? Me personally? I will just install Norton and call it a day

How will you keep it secure post-2020 EOL? Me personally? I will just install Norton and call it a day

Attached: goat.jpg (440x390, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/C9R11
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

Some W7 versions will get support until 2023. A registry hack will probably be enough.

Monthly re-install

Registry hack for what? If the windows update server is blocked for win7 users completely on microsoft's end there won't be much you can do

Now why would you do that

Offline updates then. No big deal.

Windows
secure
pick one

The updates are paid for companies only. If there is ever a leak it will be traced, and that company will lose support. tl;dr: There will be no updates.

8.1 with classic shell is viable until 2022 i think? and by then (i hope) proton will be good enough to ditch windows altogether for gayming

I already got used to W10 LTSB, it's the same shit as 7 but with the powerpoint UI.

and a russian activator that buries itself into the OS and doesn't steal your private information.

Windows server 2016 is the patrician choice

>le "windows updates aren't useless" meme
used win 7 with no updates and no anti-virus for about 4 years until the SSD died, zero malware

>If there is ever a leak it will be traced
Nah. MS doesn't really care about non-business users.
They'll only care if businesses start applying those patches without paying.

literally what

I'm mostly using 10 by now anyway.

But if I wanted to use w7 I'd install a very minimal Linux distro, set up w7 vm with GPU pass through and all shit, do regular snapshots in case something goes to shit and be done with it.

Reread my post, you retard.
If there is a LEAK it will be traced. I said nothing about where it ends up, or who uses it. At the very most, you might find the rare update occasionally.

I read it, it just doesn't make sense. All tracing would do (assuming they'd even manage to do it) is piss off paying customers.

MS Dos doesn't have this problem

>How will you keep it secure
i won't click "COngratulations you are 1000000 you won" ad

>start menu replacement
>on 8.1
NEVER GO FULL RETARD

I'll be switching to Linux. Probably earlier if I have enough saved up to purchase a new machine.

The only games I care about have native Linux versions and I have messed enough with it in VMs and my VPS that I feel like Windows 7 is slowing me down with it's lack of features, not the say the bloatware that is Windows 10.

Attached: 1534717569254.jpg (450x600, 40K)

you mean you're not going to shell out?

Attached: microsoft tax.png (599x821, 214K)

>All tracing would do (assuming they'd even manage to do it) is piss off paying customers.
Paying customers would never leak shit in the first place. You have no idea the processes big corps have for this type of shit.
It's the fake companies that would sign up to try and leak these, but they would be caught easily.

Again, I repeat: no matter what others say, it is guaranteed there will be no stream of updates available for regular users under the current policy, either online or offline. This isn't POS 2009.

>I will just install Norton and call it a day

Attached: 1512276787315[1].png (629x504, 36K)

>he doesn't use McAfee

installing gentoo

Common Sense 2020

> Norton
kek

If you want a real anti-malware use malware bytes, it's even free and it's not a botnet (or at least not as much an Norton is)an

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif (450x253, 103K)

Microsoft is about to take over Linux. How does Jow Forums feel about this?
channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/C9R11

>If they want to keep their computers safe

If i have to chose between paid M$ updates (basically just the odd security patch every two months or so and weekly MSE definition updates) and switching over to a third party security solution such as Norton i will gladly chose the latter

>Norton
I don't hear that name since 2004