Pros and cons of the raspberry pi zero, go

Pros and cons of the raspberry pi zero, go

Attached: download (28).jpg (286x176, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raspberrypi.org/magpi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The five dollar computer that you will never find for five dollars.

Pro: It's smoll.
Con: It's smoll.

Pros: Estrogen levels go up. Mouth opens. Hands raise in the air.
Cons: Nothing

Too weak for anything useful

This, plus it's useless unless you do pointless robotics stuff (pointless as in too simple to be relevant)

You can run Pi-Hole on it.

At the local computer store I shop at the sells them for $1 dollar for first time buyers, the employees keep giving me the special stickers cause they don't care. All though I still need to buy that $6 micro SD card.

pro: slides easily into rectum
con:must be retrieved with vice grips

>slides easily
Easier said than done!

Mate is runnning a multi-camera server on his.
Mine's running my front-door wireless camera. It's always interesting when people tell you how they use technology.
My father told me to learn from the mistakes of others because I would never have time to make them all by myself.

Used it in my senior design project. It drove a camera that did image recognition on students. Best five bucks I ever spent.

Planning to get one and remotely control lighting in my room

Attached: ap42.jpg (1000x800, 69K)

can you use one of these as a firewall?
or is it too weak even for that?

pro: great for plug+forget applications, like remote on/off for my media center power strip
Con:high sensitivity to static, held one on my carpet with socks and it refused to turn on afterwards

limted ram and slow cpu
rasbian is shit

great for cnc shit

most things you can do on this should be done with a microcontroller

Attached: 1526106419993.webm (1280x720, 241K)

no NIC just some shitty wifi chip

Pro: Small, useful for simple things, low power
Con: You have to solder the pins on yourself, the board alone isn't enough to get running (you'll need power cord and sd card)

the price pretty much balances all the cons it has

I use mine for an OctoPi server. Works fine; easy to hide.

Pro: it's small
Con: it's weak performance-wise
Did you really have to ask?

you can buy like 400 of them for the price of an iphone xs max, and make a cluster.

And this isn't?

Pro: a huge community you can ask for help.

>raspberry pi zero
Nothing much, aside from the fact that it has 512mb ram.
The rpi zero W is what looks great,though.

Wrong.
raspberrypi.org/magpi/

It's great if you need just a tiny bit of general purpose computing on a device. But you're going to struggle with timing problems using it as a microcontroller replacement unless you go through the pain of putting an RTOS on it, and with that you crawl into a niche that makes getting support much harder which is at least half the appeal of the Pis.

There's no denying it. The hipster people have decided that it's kewl to hate on the RaspberryPi.
That always happens when they get enraged at clever people talking about things the hipsters don't/won't/can't understand.

>Too weak for anything useful
I've got it to run lakka with no issues.
I never found it, I got it as a gift.

I have an old raspberry Pi running a discord bot. I forced to buy it for school and we didn't use it.

First time I had a "practical" use for it since.

The only pro is that it can be a cheap always on linux machine, everything else is cons.