Untitled

youtube.com/watch?v=pHu-3w3H1XE

Attached: Discord_2018-09-16_21-21-49.png (435x328, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g9B60dqDAho
youtube.com/watch?v=pHu-3w3H1XE
hooktube.com/watch?v=pHu-3w3H1XE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>likes/dislikes removed
>comments disabled
What did they mean by this?

Why is this even allowed?

Attached: 1480141195050.jpg (250x250, 36K)

another inventor.

Attached: inventors.jpg (600x730, 96K)

it's ok dude,
it's just one of those things that John Deere used to sell.

is saying your 's's without sticking your tongue between your teeth really that difficult? is it the lips?

The like:dislike ratio was abysmal and the comments all warnes people not to listen to the video

i build my first pc when i was 9, feels good man

>the comments all warnes people not to listen to the video
why? (didn't watch it)

>Verge
>my sides

Attached: 1536630863683.jpg (372x527, 27K)

I'm sick of this shit

Just give me the minute you want the webm and then fuck off from this board

Fuck me that's bad.
But I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't go full butthurt mode by disabling ratings and comments. People are going to stumble over this video, decide to build their own PC and fuck up the same way. Fucking Verge(i)ns and Vox Media.

Thermal paste bukakke alert.

>you have to put the PSU on the pads or your pc will short circuit

what the fuck

>that cable management in a windowed case
>didnt screw in the gpu, its obviously sagging and that mobo wont last a year
>Using fan screws for the radiator (Its obvious he punctured through it if youve ever used an aio)
>that whole gpu bit
>that whole cpu paste bit
>one screw is missing from the aio cpu bracket
I actually had a friend that would build PCs like this which actually made me start building PCs the right way

*meant that whole psu bit, not that whole gpu bit

This video really showed why I fucking hate the PC master race community. Autists came out of the woodwork whining about a bunch of shit that literally wont affect anything. People sperging about the thermal paste, I bet the temps are perfectly within limits and probably not much hotter than if he didn't apply twice. The rest of the shit people complained about is nitpicking elitist garbage. If the guy was white, nobody would be complaining about all this little shit.

>paste comes pre applied
>let's just add even more on top
what a disaster

Simple. Buy one RTX 2080 ti, then with the few dollars you have left just get the cheapest Pentium with IGP, 4gb of RAM, a 1tb HDD, a generic case, and a no brand PSU.

There, $2000 computer.

Stop trolling, this thing isnt gonna last 6 months with the insane amount of gpu sag its getting AND he screwed through the radiator with those long ass screws. This video is very misleading as new PC builders will look at this video and actually use it as a guide, they even forgot to mention to put on the radiator fan among the list of other things mentioned in this thread

>2018
>still thinking you can apply "too much" thermal paste

Attached: 1536017946906.jpg (2048x1536, 1.48M)

his *anti static wristband* is literally not one but just a live strong cancer bracelet....

>jizzkid builds computer
Where the fuck did an 11 year old get £600?

Oh jesus h. lovin' christ

Attached: 7c6.png (600x700, 202K)

>If the guy was white, nobody would be complaining about all this little shit.
You must be new here

Just a normal case of selective perception.

*Sponsored by Capital One*

>IF IT WAS A WHITE DUDE NO ONE WOULD CARE
Yeah uh huh, lets all magically forget this gem to push a narrative
youtube.com/watch?v=g9B60dqDAho

that's rough

Disabling ratings and comments is the worst thing they could do and shows that they have not a single good intention. If their feefees are really hurt so much they should just delete this abomination and make a follow up instead of giving false information to uninformed people who might take it seriously and build a PC just like that.

at least it wasnt a woman in the video.

Attached: 1485260624567.jpg (996x1600, 377K)

The verge is just attempting to cash in on the recent boom of the consumer electronics side of youtube

You can tell this dipshit is accustomed to dealing with Apple shit instead of real tech

Leftists can't take any sort of criticism. They will always use any and all available tools to suppress dissent against them. The guy building the machine refused to accept any criticism and even blocked a bunch of well-known tech personalities for daring to point out that he's clueless.

John Deere sells slaves?
wow!

the actual build is pretty salvageable but his advice can actually fuck people up

"most coolers come with preapplied thermal paste" - a new PC builder can really fuck himself over if he blindly believes that

that shit about a short circuit was complete fearmongering but not overtly harmful.

Not to mention the tools bit at the start. He never used the thermal paste applicator or the allen wrench, a normal screwdriver would have been better than a pocket knife one, and that antistatic bracelet is just a gummy bracelet, not that one is needed at all.

You can make a circle of it like he did, to trap air and ensure that there will be plenty of bubbles. Mixing 2 kinds is also suspect.

Yeah.. the reaction is what made it 1000x worse... Literally playing the race card, over him putting out stupid information as though he knew WTF he was talking about.

>Soooo, now we just apply another half dozen pea-sized drops onto the CPU bracket so the heatsinks thermal pad can combine to have just enough.
>er.. no, thats wrong, along with these other things:...
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT! THIS IS WHY WE MUST SMASH THE FASH AND DETHRONE EMPEROR TRUMP!!!!!

Its like the perfect storm of race baiting smug tech-illiterate communists.

why his head lookin smol?

Different user here, but other than like three things (two really but I was bring picky), the video is fine, and a fairly decent guide on how to build a PC. The three bad parts are:
1. He doesn't connect the anti-static wrist band to anything, which effectively renders it a fashion accessory.
2. He says that most cpu water coolers don't have enough thermal compound, and then proceeds to add more. (He does a pretty shit job of this too, like he watched an MSI video and thought "Oh, that's how you do it.")
3. (Nitpick) he puts in the CPU after putting the Motherboard into the case.

This is the part that makes it really bad. I'd have a lot of respect for him if he listened to the friendlier comments, done a little research, and made a follow up video on how to CORRECTLY build a PC. We all make mistakes. It's how we react to being called out on them that shows our character.

Which PC jewtubers called him out?

>"most coolers come with preapplied thermal paste" - a new PC builder can really fuck himself over if he blindly believes that

B-but they do...

if you can't identify pre-applied thermal paste on a cooler you shouldn't build a pc anyway.
putting thermal paste on thermal paste was the real fuck up

he also puts the power supply in the wrong way and spouts some bullshit about short circuiting without insulation pads

the verge's audience is the type of people who shouldn't be building PCs, so no big loss.

No they dont... Most quality ones come with paste they expect you to apply. Only ones i remember having pre-applied pads were the OEM ones from Intel and AMD... I figure the enthusiast ones expect the buyer to know WTF they're doing, and to already have their own prefered stuff on hand(though the arctic cooler ones i bought usually had pretty decent paste.)

Oh no doubt, they're literally the dumbest fucks in the entire 'sphere' of this hobby. They're literally in the same league as polygon with videogames... Less about actually building the community, and more about poisoning it with stupid BS ideology.

jay, bitwit, science guy, i think hardware canucks too.

WHY

Attached: 1508373776051.png (210x240, 90K)

stop being racist, you drumpf nuggets

Reminder the verge and the like are receiving funding directly from google to produce this kind of content.

This is the future you chose, enjoy.

>putting thermal paste on thermal paste was the real fuck up
No, he also neglected to put all the retension screws in.

Fucker probably bolted down as hard as he could on one corner and couldn't get the other corner in.

What is that ESD wrist strap? It looks like a rubber band.

>Uses the long screws to attach the radiator to the case from the top
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES

Attached: 51FkpNYlgCL._SX425_.jpg (425x252, 8K)

this nigga is fighting cancer instead of fighting static.

That will protect you from electrocution if you accidentally touch the conductive side of the PSU.

It just works!

>youtube.com/watch?v=pHu-3w3H1XE
hooktube.com/watch?v=pHu-3w3H1XE
Stop giving these retards the clicks.

Why is the video so bad? Is it because he's a nigger?

You realize that embeds still count towards youtube views right?

They posted the internals in their website

Attached: EF78E650-B508-487D-9E61-6643739685C8.jpg (2040x1360, 631K)

>that awful cable management

I bet they didn't even pay for a single dime for any of those, they just hit up Intel, Corsair and Nvidia.

They fucking left it unscrewed

Attached: Untitled-1.png (2040x1360, 3.56M)

only need 3 screws when you use all that extra thermal paste.

They could technically, but for some reason youtube doesn't count hooktube views.

It openly says in the video the stuff was provided for them, AND capital one sponsored the video.

Its funny cause their other content is all "rah rah, de-centralize the banks and give it back to community credit unions!!!" but then they take money from a fucking massive bank.

They're literally a bunch of retarded skill-less losers. If not for the internet boom, they'd NEVER be competent enough to be journalists in traditional media. Though the black one would prob be a diversity hire... Fuck, he's probably STILL a diversity hire, even in that environment! Listen to him talk, hes got no fucking clue.

Its actually pretty impressive how they managed to fuck up just about every aspect of it... Like each step, even the unrequired shit(anti-static band) was still done improperly or flat out wrong.

his twitter is pure cringe. its like 13 year old tier insights. I feel bad for him too because he doesn't have much friends or followers. he is diversity hire personified.

I used to use their website to test my new phones/browsers.
That's all. I never ever bothered reading any of their content, because tit was all garbage.

Attached: 0e7.jpg (582x600, 32K)

he neger

>when niggers try to build a computer

Attached: Capture.png (795x906, 137K)

Didn't this kid try to make it about racism? Like the only reason people are shitting on the video is because he's black.

>paste was cleaned up
>ram in correct slot
>psu facing correct direction
How do you make these mistakes in the first place? Well I guess the TIM amount could be a problem if it's your very first time applying, but the rest are pretty much self explanatory.

i didnt know mayonnaise could be used as a thermal paste

He put thermal paste on the IHS without removing the cooler's preapplied thermal paste.

He stacked thermal paste? He might be completely retarded. Probably, and unironically a diversity hire.

haha wtf, they didn't even bother for the final shoot, and they get paid to do this.

>that first tweet
>"NO GUYS I SWEAR IM GOOD AT BUILDING PCS ITS THESE TOXIC PC BUILDERS WHO IS THE REAL FAULT HERE LOOK AT THEM IM *OBVIOUSLY* THE VICTIM HERE"

Attached: vergediveristyhiredamagecontrol.png (738x644, 206K)

T O X I C
O
X
I
C

this video is not a recommended way to build a pc , but it does show people that even if you fuck up , the machine will still work.

Very obviously a diversity hire where if he fucks up, they can just chalk it up to "those damn racist PC freaks" when shit hits the fan.
Also very obvious its a cash grab since PCs are becoming more and more popular in homes, this is from the same website who's CEO has called PC journalists not real journalists who shouldnt be listened to

I gotta be honest the fact that he is a nigger is amusing to me

where in the video does it show that it works?

Attached: vergediversity.png (783x157, 24K)

Nobody gives a shit when I make a $200 sandwich

Attached: what the heckaroni.png (299x243, 109K)

I guess at the end, when he's using his $2000 PC to play League of legends... on a 60hz 1080p monitor...

Literally every thing about this, from start to finish, is profoundly retarded... And seeing kookoo banana ooga booga man try to defend, deflect and justify it is beyond pathetic.

"I've built PC's before" "I was rushed"
See this is the thing. You may have built PC's before, but its painfully obvious that you have stuck with your crappy PC building techniques because I can build a PC perfect in less than an hour. As I mentioned earlier in an above post, my friend used to build PCs like this. He always has, and never changed no matter how much videos he watched on how to build PCs, just as long as they worked he didnt care about the methods of getting it to work. He still builds them crappily to this day and wont change because he learned habits that were destructive but its all fine and dandy because it works
This is the same vibe Im getting from Stefan, which makes it all more true when he's calling out the "toxic PC gaming community" for his mistakes

Umu... rushing a pc build would explain bad cable management, but it has nothing to do with any of the retarded choices that the verge made.

why the fuck is he verified on twitter? I think THATS speaks volumes more than this entire episode of idiocy. Like why would a 2-bit 'journalist' on a fringe, shitty, tech website get that kinda due-diligence on his identity? Kinda hard to deny the fucked up relationship twitter has with some of these organizations, especially since for some idiotic reason that check mark is seen as valuable.

hate to break it to you but everyone knows this at this point

hell, adam curry is the man who invented podcasting and he's been denied a checkmark for years because of wrongthink

oh no, i knew this was a fucked up thing when they 'de-personed' milo. Its clear the check is more about twitter endorsing a person, than verifying they're genuinely who they claim to be. If trump hadnt won in 2016, he'd probably have lost his check too.

Its not who you are, what you accomplished, where you live, etc... that gets twitter to give you more respect and presence on their platform... Its parroting their fucked up ideology.

Infowars: Says stupid shit off twitter and is removed from practically all the internet.
TheRoot: OVERTLY racist to white people, and gets a pat on the back from Jack @ twitter. Reminder that nothing Milo said was even approaching the racist shit coming from TheRoot.

>CS majors are fucking retarded

What else is new?

Attached: CS major builds a computer for verge.png (936x477, 78K)

>CS student
Literal racial seat filler for the university.

>OVERTLY racist to white people

It's almost like some group is out to get white people.

Attached: cognitive dissonance.png (1138x734, 478K)

Did he take a piece of plastic to the cpu like for no fucking reason?

>uses it to play league
like fucking poetry

nigger