Torvalds apologized for his behavior!

Is he dying? Is Linux over?

lkml.org/lkml/2018/9/16/167

Attached: what.png (527x228, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/code-of-conduct.html
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good luck getting Steve Jobs to do that.

fork it before it's too late.

>it's real
they finally got to him

Attached: 1503714073195.jpg (485x491, 23K)

he's getting old
i don't expect him to actually bend to shit he finds bad or to lower standards though

>he's getting old
he should be
"Hey faggets, get of my kernel."
youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0

I hope this is just his way to get the nagging crowd off his back and not a sign he might actually cave in yeah.

Mysterious "suicide" soon, then redhat will overtake the kernel and turn it into systemd-kerneld.

His behavior is unprofessional that much is true

Linus has gone full tumblr reddit SJW basedboy libtard bugman cuck

>kerneld

Attached: poottering.jpg (500x320, 22K)

IT'S OVER. ABANDON THE SHIP.
IS HAIKU READY YET?

wtf i hate Linux now

Plz no

Got anymore trite buzzwords to throw out there, little boy?

FOSS has always been communism

>you fucked up the userspace
>let me pat you in the back for at least trying

> woosh

Attached: thatsthejoke.jpg (474x309, 17K)

Seems all too coincidental that first Terry mysteriously dies in supposed 'suicide' and now Linus is apologizing?

CIA is coming for our operating systems

>Linus Torvalds found dead at his apartment.
>Multiple stabbing wounds on his back points out to suicide.
>Clearly, broken furniture and all mess around his body indicates his struggle of stabbing himself in the back multiple times.

My greatest fear is that now that he extended a hand they might rip off his fucking arm.

Depending on the people he's dealing with here, apologizing might not be enough and might be the drop of blood in the pond to attract the piranhas.

Then there's Ian "Debian" Murdock with also suicide, and void's and now solus/budgie's creators who just disappeared.

is this intel's doing?

openBSD doesn't have this issue

OpenBSD isn't a kernel.

Yes it is. It's a kernel, a userland, and drivers.

Linus got SJWed

I can't believe we lost Terry and Linus in the same month :(

Attached: d62.jpg (1692x1167, 1.61M)

what distro should I get?

he was always a SJW, except instead of getting triggered by the patriarchy he was getting triggered by some freetard shit

That's Stallman. Torvalds is more pragmatic than him.

DragonFly BSD

FreeBSD is probably the best general choice unless you have specific requirements.

Fuck! Linux is now cucked and castrated. How will we ever recover?

>Apologize or I'll say you raped me
I'm guessing that's what happened, or he's getting depressed. Maybe he's sad about Terry.

He apologizes for his autism, despite the fact he'll always be as autistic as ever. What a pointless expression of nothing.

Next up: Linus suggests to the Linux Foundation to route money to outreach programs for niggers and trannies

I don't think a man his age can change considerably. Being angry and cursing is part of his character which is set in stone now. It's pretty telling he was talking (joking but not really) about using filters to just filter out his cursing.
So I expect the same reactions as always sans the cursing.

ESR predicted this years ago

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Attached: swaglord.jpg (720x960, 141K)

Autism is in the neurological structure, he'll always be the Linus we know and love.

Pragmatically, this is probably the right move. Yes, some people are sensitive bitches, but they have commits to offer, so there's no point in going absolutely apeshit over every little thing.

I'll start getting worried if he lowers the bar for kernel commits.

Elaborate on that?

This is how I see it too.
Apart from this because I've seen this happening a few times now and I really REALLY don't want him get bogged down with this bullshit.

You guys do know it's (mostly) a ruse, right?

Linus just wants to take a break from the kernel. He was just recently trying to skip out on a conference, which they ended up moving to his hometown so that he couldn't possibly avoid it. I think this excuse shows just how serious it is that he wants/needs a break from being the kernel maintainer, as it's unlikely people will pester him to come back until he's ready.

He might be slightly nicer when it comes to commit critiques, but he's also much kinder now than he was in the past, so he won't have to do much work.

>but they have commits to offer, so there's no point in going absolutely apeshit over every little thing.
contextually there might be a point. And if a patch doesn't from person X, then it could later come from person Y

don't forget Reiser's supposed ````````criminal activity'''''''''

Torvalds the master troll.

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
required reading for anyone going to tech conferences

Attached: st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg (210x230, 5K)

Conceding anything to these people is always the beginning of the end. RIP Linus. I'll miss your tech tips.

He's actually been planning this for a while, he kept talking about his legacy for ages, he isn't coming back he wants out.

What happened to Hans Reiser's children? They'll became orphaned inodes.

Oh no no fuck this shit. Fuck this. You never apologize.

Yep linus is communists like his dad not a SJW

The SJW got to him.

It was only a matter of time. Linus is a relic of an older era that is no longer welcomed in most communities.

stallman is our last hope

fuck off back to tumblr blue haired tranny scum

>stating observations about the current community environment makes me a tumblr blue haired tranny scum

Take your meds you fucking retard.

>Hans Reiser
poor guy.
he'll be out in 5 years.

OpenBSD under the 2 clause BSD license and ISC license isn't communist

Give them an inch, they're going to take miles.

What the fuck do I use now?
Can we nag nvidia to port their driver to OpenBSD?

Are you autistic as well?
>muh neurotypical and productive human emotions are SJW
>all devs should be guaranteed a walking desk with a liquid cooled i7-6700K and a purring kitten
>also I can sperg out for no reason

Seems like everyone is on the same boat. The kikes fucking won. They always fucking win.

Fuck off denialfag. Our savior has been killed by the left. We have no other options.

based

Attached: 1530704957679.jpg (258x360, 24K)

yikes

Typical cognitive dissonance answer

Now Linux has a CoC too:

kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/code-of-conduct.html

Should I switch to OpenBSD or is it poozed too?

I wish this would happen as well - until then there's FreeBSD.

I don't think you know what "cognitive dissonance" means

No, it's written entirely by basement dwelling sperglords so your favorite programs are guaranteed not to work and need hours of configurations.

How good is netbsd and dragonflybsd?

Attached: 1509293244709.jpg (1200x800, 153K)

Uh oh he's still feeling it

I'm really feeling it

Everything in tech is so cucked and SJW nowadays. What do we do now?

Nothing. The only fucking option is to surrender. Surrender note when?

Jow Forums BTFO AGAIN!!!

Daily reminder that being a hateful person is unproductive and simply sad.

>waaaah we can't be sperglords and get away with it

>wah my feelings are hurt

redhat grabbing the total control of linux is almost done.

>What do we do now?

Not much, the cancer is metastasizing now. Disengage as much as possible, I guess. But I run pic related so it's not much of a stretch to me.

Attached: debian-stable.jpg (1000x1414, 133K)

Yes, some people's feelings get hurt. Get over it and start being productive. Lack of charisma is bad leadership, that's why the CIA and NSA smack Linux's and Stallman's projects around like bread dough.

>Are you autistic as well?
Are you?
You're reading my post in the most literal way possible and not even entertain the thought I was being overly dramatic for comedic effect.
That said, I do worry about where this might lead, the slippery slope is real.
But that's neither here nor there, thanks for assuming a ton of things about me from two lines. Maybe take a look at yourself and how quick you're snapping at something that remotely fits your stereotype of the enemy.

Nobody in this thread has code in the kernel.

>whoa! dude1 i was only PRETENDING

>Yes, some people's feelings get hurt. Get over it
the irony is lost upon you it seems

In my experience, if you want a regular desktop, OpenBSD is best if you DON'T have nVidia, FreeBSD if you do. NetBSD/Dfly I've only enjoyed on servers.
FreeBSD also has a great utility in its packages called desktop-installer. Run it as root after a fresh install and enjoy.

Yes, and?
Not like you can 'fix' your brain damage and grow a frontal lobe.

>Yes, and?
Enjoy your Jow Forumsnut gallery

What's a Jow Forumsnut gallery?

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f

Yep, we're fucked. It's done. Over. Literal blue hair tranny shit has made its way into Linux.

If you're delusional enough to think that the hardest autist in the world is somehow going to flip to an ideology that's solely used by campus wastrels and the corporations that pander to them, good luck doing anything useful in your life.

You only give SJWs power when you scream about them endlessly, and you plunge the tech world even further into the extremist hellscape of identity politics when we could be solving practical problems. There's a reason why you never see them in any meaningful executive positions because they're self-destructive and will eventually die off if you Jow Forumsacks stop acting like they have real power.

freebsd have the gayshit too, we want a s.o. that can say fuck

>if you want a regular desktop, OpenBSD
You mean windows?

Should I start anger-management therapy too? Maybe then I could get an actual job and friends...

Attached: linus.png (800x450, 311K)

>communism is free

Attached: 1517035613609s.jpg (113x125, 2K)

>In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Can someone explain where in the process of submitting a patch does any of this become relevant? Besides "level of experience", which begs the question: why should they tolerate shitty code?

>practical problems
Okay audit systemD

time to gnu/hurd

See Faggot. The left won for good. Our savior is fucking dead. We are fucked for life.