The Linux Kernel has died

Press F to pay respects

Attached: 1537144170101.png (610x146, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DUCRFMZ-hiY
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f
help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct
contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct
bsd.slashdot.org/story/07/09/13/156258/theo-de-raadt-on-relicensing-bsd-code
twitter.com/AnonBabble

S

>Jow Forumstard

NetBSD doesn't have this problem :)

S

goodnight sweet prince

SOI

you are not a real girl and will never be

rip unix

Yet.

S

S

I wonder who's behind these posts

jewish tricks are technology

got lost in your way to twitter?

As if system d didn't already kill it

go back

Yep, SystemD was just for shadowing the demise of Linux. Move to OpenBSD when?

systemd is just an OS that runs on top of Linus

You missed a line.

Attached: coc.png (610x146, 11K)

This is in other SJW code of conducts and means nothing. If you are a known contributor, they consider you representing the project 100% of your waking hours.

Brandon Eich wasn't representing Mozilla when he donated to Prop 8. That didn't stop the SJWs.

*spits on grave*

Attached: 1463712924229.jpg (505x1212, 136K)

I'd love to see them apply this, you really going to reject good code because the person triggered you on Twitter?
Yeah I doubt that'll work

What you described works for twitch and they enforce it and handout bans pretty easy

this, and they want to link everything to your real name now so its impossible to hide
youtube.com/watch?v=DUCRFMZ-hiY

>Yeah I doubt that'll work
It works.

Attached: python-partially-refuses-the-terms-master-slave-habr.jpg (387x256, 10K)

I mean if Linux Kernel get's pozzed, will they not be easily be replaced by people who aren't a bunch of faggots? They aren't mandatory.

Attached: cc11ae2c428901d1449168ee4e77806d4c767e271477efd4635bbb31bd1a2b40.jpg (480x270, 8K)

A (contributor) code of conduct oh nooooooo the S(((J)))W's have taken over how will we ever recover
>keeps using Linux

Attached: 1512269033103.jpg (436x438, 157K)

Its 2 million lines of unaudited code contributed by alphabets.

Linux contributors and maintainers already do that.
>b-but i want to contribute anonymously sometime vaguely in the future!

It's one thing to replace a programming language, but it's over. I always believed their final goal was to get control over low-level development with something like Rust, but... I never even expected they would get Linus.
I don't even know how one would even start replacing the Linux kernel. Unless one were to drop support for all old hardware and start anew? But what's the point then? Make a free and libre "MacOS"? As in with official support for a limited amount of hardware, but well supported?
It's so fucked man.

I don't think people realize how widely used and important the kernel is. It's critical infrastructure. It won't die that easily, there are way too much companies and whole industries that rely on it.

That said this does sound like the end of the Linus benevolent dictatorship and there could still be rough times ahead. But it was going to happen eventually, one man can't lead forever

Obviously you can't contribute anonymously, but you can have other accounts that are anonymous currently. SJWs want to remove all of those.

I mean the source code is out and able to be used. If the kernel team is a bunch of faggots someone else will fork it and do their own thing. I have a suspicion Red Hat could do a good job.

Attached: 267738f3db91b6aa8c91691d8e951ab36a4654ed37abf516ea38bb036d376fd8.jpg (704x565, 91K)

This is exactly why we need to make a statement of surrender. There is nothing we can do about this. The left won. They won and they won and they won and they won and they won and they will never stop winning. There is nothing you can do to change this.

>I mean the source code is out and able to be used.
>what is the network effect

>keeps using Linux
Let me point this isn't all that weird. The CoC doesn't apply to you as user, only to contributors.

International capital won.

I was being sarcastic.

Attached: 1533770655926.jpg (442x438, 162K)

>the network effect
People have that argument for all the different distros. Guess what. Shit is still fine.

Attached: YOU_ARE_NOT_THE_FATHER.jpg (1043x861, 78K)

>concern posting
I wonder who could be behind this post...

Go back to

>contributed by alphabets
Tired conspiracy and FUD.

Attached: 1509139828080.jpg (666x444, 387K)

>This is exactly why we need to make a statement of surrender. There is nothing we can do about this. The left won. They won and they won and they won and they won and they won and they will never stop winning. There is nothing you can do to change this.
"They" didn't "win" shit, in fact they lost everything of value that they could possibly hope for by being the right arm of the corporate cabal.

Seriously, Fuck, the fudders. If linux Fucks up someone more capable will take the reigns. Linus could even say fuck you and fork linux. Then watch unbuntu and red hat stop funding the faggots over at kernel.org

Attached: 1506529297146.gif (218x218, 1.5M)

Has anyone here read the new CoC or is everyone just spewing shit from their mouths after some fag on Jow Forums said some shit? A lot seems like Jow Forums tier paranoia and non arguments

Attached: 1537017972353.jpg (700x695, 92K)

I did not understand.

>But it was going to happen eventually, one man can't lead forever
You have a point there, but is the path to the post-Linus era easier now?

Attached: 79726aefed13b8c61838d1222a6e961d63b038584deb3a3cb180c908ff6d8029.jpg (708x496, 137K)

>contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and
>our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body
>size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and
>expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality,
>personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation
I can't make fun of fatbodies anymore? What is the fucking point of contributing?

ya but it has the problem of not working with my ethernet card

SJWs don't matter here.

jesus fucking christ

Attached: 1488931502928.gif (500x250, 1022K)

>Wahh, I cant say mean words on twitter anymore.

Sorry, everything you say has repercussion's so quit whining

Now that Windows is literally a 1984 spybox but better, alternatives need to be removed.

I wonder what kind of blackmail they have on Linus.

you can, though

Which is why you should never say anything of substance online attached to your identity.

More like
>Wahh, I can't say mean words on twitter with my twitter account that says I am a Linux Kernel Maintainer anymore

linux contributors are literally no longer allowed to make fun of fat people

Why are people like you so weak? This is why all this shit has infested the industry I love.

>non arguments
Look at all the history of Code of Conducts. Look at Opalgate. Look at Python. Look at Brenden Eich, look at James Damore. Fuck off.

Including that Coast Guard guy who was reprimanded for giving the OK sign on television?

Can't wait for these hair-dyed retards to hang you by the balls because they read back in your twitter history to six years ago and found a picture of you using the OK hand emoji, and they once read an image made on Jow Forums that told them it was white supremacist speak. You'll never work in this country ever again.

Why do we even have Jow Forums if every piece of technology is a political statement? Maybe Jow Forums should be deleted and told to go to Jow Forums.

>Spend YEARS contributing kernel code
>Probably spent years of your university life doing it, too.

>years later
>pink-haired socjus types who never, ever contributed anything insert "new moral standards" into the code of conduct
>get mad because that now retroactively applies to you

>WUH HBUHH FUCKING RACISTS GO BACK TO POL
I told people years ago that the shit happening to video games and movies would eventually find its way to the things you love, but you didn't believe me

Why didn't you believe me?

so did (((they))) win?

Because you are a compulsive liar, user.

I'm talking about the Linux kernel specifically.

imagine being told in 1998 that there will be a fellowship of transvestites, weirdly consumerist communists, and jewish tabloid journalists who routinely get on a sort of digital podium and say, verbatim, to a following in the hundreds of thousands, "fuck white people"; and at the same time being appointed the judges of what constitutes unacceptable behaviour outside of some severely nerdy projects, both voluntary and corporate, which these people don't actually have any hand in

The fire rises.

Attached: 23cb581cce6b3e70533f49b4979d13c94926f1a0cbfff856c94a1a4604cc977f.png (600x805, 494K)

F

Literally just google Ada Caroline or Ashley Williams. This is not the first time this is happened.

it's so absurd i had difficulty even summarizing it without a weird run-on sentence

well that's convenient, isn't it? that allows you to ignore all the examples of CoC-assisted malfeasance so far

Are you undermining how this is going to affect the future of technology in general? It gets fucking worse everyday yet there's always some faggot claiming this is a Jow Forums conspiracy.

(You) ----> The rope

full cock
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f

It'll hopefully lead to nothing, but take a peek at FreeBSD's CoC and see what people are afraid of it leading to.

esr was right

I'm not sure we can stop people from adopting CoCs now that github has support for that shit.

But I wonder if there are sane CoCs we could push to be adopted? [Disclaimer: I myself find the Gentoo CoC to be quite sane]

Ada Caroline literally used to work for GitHub before they fired her for making biological females feel uncomfortable.

First Terry, and now this. I can't take it anymore lads. I'm checking out.

Attached: 1435386697216.jpg (400x388, 19K)

>

Attached: npc_brainlet.png (264x274, 23K)

Year of the GNU/Hurd?

Yes, but I don't really want to discuss that with any project maintainers I talk to. I don't think it leads to success.

There is now: help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/ , it will appear like something "needed" after some [pretty invevitable] people problem in a project, and I would like to point 'em in a better direction.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
FUCK THIS WORLD

The issue is that these CoCs are open to subjective interpretation, intentionally. This allows the moderation team to effectively declare anyone as "unsafe" for the community and remove them. This is used as a weapon.

If your moderation team is good, then the CoC isn't actually a big deal. If you don't trust your moderation team you need to very specifically outline everything with minimal subjectivity.

There's no good solution, other than accepting some shitposters until they actually do something severe.

The word harassment is meaningless with SJWs, it can include basically anything. You also only have to exist to make someone feel "unsafe".

cringe

Attached: 1537141556316.jpg (1000x1000, 807K)

>Valve tries to save Linux Desktop with Proton
>Linus just fuck things up
Sasuga opensource community, why don't people just fork and put their bullshit there?

> these CoCs are open to subjective interpretation, intentionally
Me asking for a better CoC is among the lines of me asking what CoCs would be less subject to abuse.

Personally, I hold wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct to be much better than contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct

Maybe you agree, or you don't. But the question is ultimately, are there other CoCs that would seem more sane to any of you that I could recommend...?

>Ada Caroline
Coraline Ada?

It's a fake name in either case

>kikes
you mean ethnically pure german wypipo?

Attached: 1514907459291.png (720x1280, 1.3M)

Fork a BSD. they have a permissive license, so you can even license your fork as GPL if you want

Attached: 1536739399334.gif (500x281, 782K)

>Everyone who disagrees with me is Jow Forums

Goodnight sweet pepe...

No, you can't. Don't say stupidities.
bsd.slashdot.org/story/07/09/13/156258/theo-de-raadt-on-relicensing-bsd-code

>That’s right, goy, just bend over, and take it in the ass.

Fuck off, shlomo

Attached: 4AE3D2F6-A57A-4F86-BA64-793212DF9513.jpg (269x268, 17K)

It just added it today. And the history shows us that CoCs are a political weapon. They didn't exist until a few years ago. You're a dumb brainlet.