Linux is fucked. Install OpenBSD

Linux is fucked. Install OpenBSD.

Attached: 1200px-OpenBSD_Logo_-_Cartoon_Puffy_with_textual_logo_below.svg.png (1200x781, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/_/search/text/openbsd is a meme >filesystem/
github.com/davidlind/taas/blob/master/insults.json
youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

does it have nvidia drivers?

what's an vidia?
kind regards,
theo

but there are no drivers or shit on openBSD. i'll just continue with OpenSUSE for now.

all software gets fucked at some point or another.

might as well just use windows, linux is no different than it now.

since when? what made it different before then?

kek, you're absolutely retarded
feel free to post win10 source code

feel free to contribute to linux source code

WARNING! Jow Forums cookies detected. Your hateful internet browsing is a violation of the Linux Code of Conduct and you have been banned from the repository.

OpenBSD supports my APU GPU very well. 3D video acceleration works out of the box. Same for my ThinkPad with Intel graphics. If you are an Nvidia user you are out of luck, though.

get back to me if you're ever rational again

Can always fork it. Nobody on Jow Forums is a linux dev anyway.

get back to me if you ever make an argument again

Interesting. I use a thinkpad and a dell optiplex with intel graphics so it may work?

can you get KDE to work on the BSD system or are you stuck with their default shit?

>linux is no different than it now.

i'm a newfag on g/ and im disapointed that 80% here are more retarded than I am. I came here to learn. Not become more retarded.

Attached: d7289c6bc4db2279ba320be4819958d62dec659bef36ae67ddd1abbb58f2a43d.jpg (760x572, 52K)

>i'm a newfag
That explains why you don't understand what a "code of conduct" means.

>can you get KDE to work on the BSD system or are you stuck with their default shit?

I member watching a YouTube video showing OpenBSD 5.x with KDE, but it was an old version, not KDE 5.

>g/
This isn't reddit, it's written as "Jow Forums".
Can you go back to your home site now, fag?

Yeah it's kde 4.14 I think. I see a few k frameworks 5 pkgs in the 6.3 package repo but I don't think it all works yet.

P1: If A and B have ≥ 1 different values for the same property, then A and B are different.
P2: Linux ∈ {FOSS}
P3: Windows ∉ {FOSS}
P4: Not being elements of the same set is a different value for the same property.
C1: Linux and Windows are different. (P1,P2,P3,P4)

Q E D, nigger

"Code of Conduct" means "we have a reason to install morality police into your software community and out legitimate contributors"

>how to make your computer completely useless

systemd unironically

>cuck license
Install Hurd.

Attached: 1537135638566.jpg (800x720, 231K)

RIP in pepperonis bitrig

why does FOSS matter if the contributions are politically controlled? retard.

FOSS is freedom unless you have a different oppinion, and don't like pedos.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: 587356.png (845x620, 98K)

>P1: If A and B have ≥ 1 different values for the same property, then A and B are different.
>P2: Linux ∈ {POLITICALLY_CONTROLLED}
>P3: Windows ∉ {POLITICALLY_CONTROLLED}
>P4: Not being elements of the same set is a different value for the same property.
>C1: Linux and Windows are both the same in that they are both politically controlled. (P1,P2,P3,P4)
>Q E D, nigger

>Inb4 you don't know how to write a proof: you missed the point mr. autist

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

>le cuck license meme
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post!

Attached: 它会是谁.png (501x585, 10K)

>allowing cookies
You brought this upon your self, idiot.

I have no idea what an vidia is or does sorry.

That's your preferred license lol

Go away, Zhang.

looks like 4.18 is going to be the last linux kernel on my machine

No one posted the copypasta
weird

exactly this, im gonna keep using this until it either doesnt work on my hardware or there are working ethernet drivers on the non-cucked BSDs

Maybe the spammer is finally dead

Because I BTFO'd him. I have copypasta ready to refute the bullshit he spreads even I see it and he knows it.

>*when I see it

>OpenBSD
oh for fuck's sake
at least install a good BSD distro like FreeBSD or DragonflyBSD

What are you talking about?

has anyone gotten wine+dxvk to work in BSD yet?
what about a decent DE? this bullshit wanna be MacOS look is garbage and the font rendering is aweful

>has anyone gotten wine+dxvk to work in BSD yet?

Nigger is your serious?

Just stay with Linux if you are such a baby.

OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonflyBSD, Haiku and Minix

>oh noes!! the longbearded gatekeeper called me names!!
oh sorry, didn't realize BSD was suriuz bidness and no fun faggotry, carry on then

Dragonfly is good. Freebsd is aids

>Implying hurd is not hellhole either or could not easily become one.

Starting to realize we probably don't want Jow Forumstards joining cult of Theo, everyone plz disperse.

If you are starting your own dev journey, remember to use a pseudonym everywhere.

Attached: puffy63.gif (599x198, 20K)

Not a solution. OpenBSD installer alone keeps Jow Forums and Jow Forums retards away

Attached: jaajk.gif (300x167, 398K)

OpenBSD developers are massive cucks though.
The only reason they don't chimp out is that they all live in fear of Theo The Chad, who has worst outbursts of raw insanity than Terry Davis.

Most openBSD devs would defend meritocracy to the death, after being subjected to /misc/ for more than a decade

>temple os dead
>free bsd compromised
>linux compromised
based Theo he will be our savior

I dont think it supports my broadcom wifi card. Otherwise id try it out just like any other niche distro out there

No thanks, I don't want to ruin my SSDs

nvidia does not respect your freedom

Just use Windows you fags

were you asleep for a year or something
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/_/search/text/openbsd is a meme >filesystem/

It bears repeating: Operating systems aren't trivial stuff. If you run away at the first sign of trouble, eventually there will be no place to run.
Join the OpenBSD community if you wish, but get involved.
When they come for OpenBSD, and they'll, you better be ready to make a stand.
And when you deal with this kind of bullshit, it's mostly about social capital.
So be active in the community, even if you don't contribute with code. There's always something to do in OSS projects, and even answering newbie questions is better than nothing, heck, it's a lot better than nothing, as you can later argue that the community is already friendly without the usual CoC, while FreeBSD is getting everyday worse with theirs.

Can I have a quick random on the guy? Barely heard of him, what type of insane outburst are you referring to?

The latest release (april) included some Broadcom drivers, so if you haven't looked for a while it might be worth checking again

Basically most of the anons refer to random rants he makes on the /misc/ mailing list, where he just makes fun of people that want everything on a silver platte, or want to bring politics into the project, and/or ask for features without contributing anything, resulting in most of this:
github.com/davidlind/taas/blob/master/insults.json
His better rants are in the /tech/ mailing lists though imo, where he has so far predicted literally every single major vulnerability years prior to it happening
ie pic related concerning meltdown/spectre (2007)

Attached: Theo_was_right.png (734x357, 47K)

>Install OpenBSD
I am seriously considering it.
fucking kikes... ruining loonix.

::::To every one of you fags that have decided to install OpenBSD::::::
>RTFM
This is all.

I installed the base system in a vm 2 days ago before falling asleep. I startx because I thought it must be like linux and it worked. However I dunno how package managment is done. The official page has no manual ala archwiki. Ill have to look up tutorials since its my 1st time with a BSD. I imagine after installing firefox and openbox my experience will be the same since I dont game on my machine.

Is ((((trim)))) a meme ? Does it matter that OpenBSD doesn't support it? I have a modern nvme SSD

It literally tells you how to get shit working while installing.

>Boot GhostBSD
>Multiple live options
>All fail and loop back to the menu
What to do? I tried with removing my second graphic card (1st AMD 2nd Nvidia)

use the man command
It is actually consistently useful in BSD because the entire system is designed as a whole

Try the mail command
You should have a preset mail telling you exactly what to do first and how to get a solid understanding of the system

yes

will my ssd work ?

I wish they ported amdgpu, but looks like it's not happening.

Which *BSD has the best driver support out of the big 4?

I will whenever they port AMDGPU

Jesus Christ

OpenBSD
FreeBSD is compromised as well.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM
The video is about a core cuck asking for new regulations.

does i3-gaps run on openbsd? requesting luke.xyz to start video blogging about openbsd. fuck arch, fuck communism coc.

There is an official package of i3 but not gaps

I know some people have compiled their own version in the past but it does require some patching I believe

>continue with communist subverted software that has ring 0 access to my machine
wow, hf having your PC reporting about your wrongthink to the committee and ending up with a bullet in your back in a mass grave in a gulag

Yeah

>WARNING! Jow Forums cookies detected. Your hateful internet browsing is a violation of the Linux Code of Conduct and your machine has been permanently disabled.

I thought netbsd had the best drivers?

>You probably rape children in your spare time, and here you are, yelling at us for violating your perceived entitlement.
How will Hillary ever recover?

It's definitely got the best architecture support, not sure about best drivers
On another note, having tried openBSD and dragonflyBSD, they all somehow have sound that literally just werks
After years of fucking up with Alsa, OSS and Pulse, this was extremely nice

>No. You must be at least this tall to use OpenBSD; sorry -- you are a midget.
Manlets btfo

Solid get Assad

>writes over your partition table
Nothin personnel kid

redhat/gnome/gtk/wayland/systemd/flatpak/pulseaudio

An "ecosystem" of shit. It ties everything and everyone to itself through its aggressive pushing and being the stinkiest in the neighbourhood.

>gnome
shit
>gtk
shit
>wayland
the promised land that nobody will ever see
>systemd
the "i want to be the next explorer.exe"
>flatpak
stop wasting money on QA, just sandbox everything via package manager so you can also provided binary blobs that justify the use of sandboxes even more
>pulseaudio
sound server of which 50% of functionality isn't even us by 50% of its users

>le Jow Forums
You have not ever used OpenBSD either

Are updates and patches in openbsd still as involved as they used to be? I don't want to worry about updates, they should be automatic.

wayland isnt "promised land". Its a nail in the coffin. The thing that fractures an already fractured community even further. The only reason it exists is because gnome devs don't know how to implement proper vsync with triple buffering in their compositor, which wouldnt drop frames like hot pockets, so they come up with a protocol that doesn't need vsync. And they don't give a fuck that literally every xorg oriented tool will break, and that some things gonna be plain impossible in wayland ( muh security ). Meanwhile XWayland is pure shit, unusable garbage full of bugs and stuttering through the roof

Windows has autohotkey, the greatest thing about windows really, and the benefit of its stable APIs. Now linux not only loses what little automation/scripting it had through means of xdotool/xbindkeys but, brace for it, IT'S BY DESIGN, 100% intended, because input grabbing is INSECURE, omg the danger of 1% marketshare getting compromised with a script that binds their ESC to "$ shutdown", call the cops

They have binary patches now.
System upgrades are still the same.

>Windows has autohotkey, the greatest thing about windows really, and the benefit of its stable APIs.
and the MS shill outs himself, find the nearest lightpole and hang yourself

>omg the danger of 1% marketshare getting compromised
Honestly though, it's still an issue, especially when you work in the linux field and you use it as your every day operating system. On the other hand, OpenBSD has managed to make Xorg less shit by isolating the process via user and group, which was done officially in Xorg last year for linux, where xenodm has it for .... what 4 years?

The entire desktop thing on linux was a disaster right from the start. Hacky shit, no proper design, from kernel space, to userland.

He's right though. In comparison, the windows API for frame servers and so on is a lot more stable than the linux one(s).

It's not shilling if you compare something good with something shit. You are just a moron, that's all

GPL commies don't either, so what

no arguments so you resolve to namecalling? Good job, fagget

i need to rebind my capslock to lmb. In autohotkey its as simple as CapsLock::LButton
In linux it's impossible to bind a keycode of one input device to a scancode of another. You have to use a hack with enabling mouse keys accessibility option of X and then you can bind its pointers to keyboard, but it's buggy as fuck and doesn't work everywhere.
in wayland - it's not possible at all. Period.

and this is just one tiny example. I know of existence of AutoKey written in python, but's it's literally slow, with massive input lag, and also very barebones, you can bind a click, but only just a single click, meaning dragging/holding a key doesn't work.

>but only just a single click, meaning dragging/holding a key doesn't work.
???
Im pretty sure that this is not the case.
works for me at least when you are recording your input.

there is mouse.click(), but there is no mouse.hold() or mouse.emulate() or something, meaning if i hold down the button it will just click, not actually emulate holding down the button and then send the "Button Up" keycode it when i release the button. There isn't even a distinction between Down/Up states. Yes you can record simple macros like "click here, wait 5s, click there, send "qwerty"" but isn't not enough