Is there anything better than bitchx?

New install. I've been using bitchx (and before that, IRCII EPiC) for literally decades.
Everyone tries to get me to switch to ircs or weechat.
Is there any good reason to do so? Any at all?

Attached: 1.jpe.jpg (640x440, 54K)

Join the 21st century and use discord, grandpa.

discord is a botnet, so no

ignorance is bliss i guess

epic5 with lice is better than bitchx. unless you're going to switch to that than stay with bitchx, which is second best.

whats make it better?

Erc or die

How do I install bitchx on windows 98se?

Attached: viper yo chic chose me album cover.jpg (900x900, 73K)

Why do people use IRC and not XMPP?

there's a 32-bit windows bitchx port. you'll have to set some global environment variables.

irc has been around for about 3 decades longer, and has a built in userbase thats stubborn about leaving

Gross.
Discord is literally cancer.

Children should be seen and not heard.
Shut up you little bastard

it just happened to be the first epic5 extension i used so i shill it whenever the topic of irc comes up. bitchx seems perfectly fine and i would probably use it if i hadn't used epic first. anything is better than the clusterfuck that is irssi. weechat looks even more fucked than irssi somehow.

no hexchat users here?

>using a gui for text-mode software
i doubt it

irssi

Me

irssi has a marginally smaller footprint but without the featureset of ircii or bitchx
the only people who use irssi are the people who were tricked into it

this is now an linux irc client general
if you feel the need to shill discord, remember that this site is 18+ and that Jow Forums doesn't give two shits about your gayming

This

1. it has no utf8 support at all
2. the code is a combination of ancient ircII bullshit and bolted-on features by (back then) 14 year old h4x0rs, so it's probably full of vulnerabilities

IRC is sometimes ok for downloading anime. I always pray that nobody tries to chat with me

1. We dont want utf8 support, utf8 encoding doesn't support the charsets that old codepages did
2. Incorrect assumption, your argument is based on the idea that old equals insecure
3. use of the term 'h4x0rs' immediately disqualifies you from serious discussion. I was actually around back then and even then we had enough self-respect not to use that term unironically.

irssi is bae

1. you don't need to support those charsets, the characters themselves are present in utf8 too (just look at the contrib/cp437 tarball)
2. it does
3. yeah right

I agree. I'd consider bitchx but the name is off-putting. I don't want to start it up and have someone see a big BITCH across my terminal.

you can display the startup ansi with a command-line flag

Sex

ah, should have figured. Thanks

>didn't even RTFM
yikes

BitchX is a security hazard so no.

emacs

how do people manage to post images in IRC? through bot support?

You can post links or use file sharing. Most just post a link.

explain? no meme, i want to know

irssi supports OTR if you care about that.
also, bitchx doesn't support utf-8

are there clients that display images? I've seen a few screenshots with them
t. brainlet

i used bitchx back in the early '00s, but i moved on to irssi. i don't even remember why anymore, but i got used to it and it grew to me.

it's practically abandonedware, hence probably full of exploits and most repos won't even include it anymore.

also, people are just looking at it again because it was on mr. robot

>shows are including terminal tools
its ogre for the special Jow Forums kid :(