Pcbg

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 37923356_1342014589262489_3841101128120926208_n.jpg (720x960, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/zytQzy/gigabyte-x470-aorus-gaming-5-wifi-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-aorus-gaming-5-wifi
pcpartpicker.com/product/TWzkcf/gigabyte-x470-aorus-ultra-gaming-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-aorus-ultra-gaming
pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di
pcpartpicker.com/list/8bvLpG
ozbargain.com.au/node/403605
amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2703-GS-G-Sync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01LWJMM1S
acerrecertified.com/acer-predator-27-widescreen-curved-lcd-monitor-display-wqhd-2560-x-1440-4-ms-xb271hu-bmiprz/
pcpartpicker.com/list/q2THnH
lian-li.com/pc-tu100/
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/p8wVLJ
ebuyer.com/784948-gigabyte-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-oc-11gb-graphics-card-gv-n108tgaming-oc-11gd
youtu.be/rWXBo0bb_dU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pcpartpicker.com/product/zytQzy/gigabyte-x470-aorus-gaming-5-wifi-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-aorus-gaming-5-wifi
Vs
pcpartpicker.com/product/TWzkcf/gigabyte-x470-aorus-ultra-gaming-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-aorus-ultra-gaming
And
pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

Is storemi good? Is it worth it?

>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT
Why not Epyc?

2700X now or wait for 9900K?

I made a post or something last night but I was absolutely shit-house drunk.
pcpartpicker.com/list/8bvLpG
I'm absolutely a lurker. I don't understand most tech talk, I'm just trying to build a machine that I can use for ~5 years. No AAA games, but a lot of indie and AA games. Souls. My current build is ~5 years old and I've had to start replacing components. My bff bought me the 1060 that is in that pcpartpicker. I also have the monitor(s).
My friend was telling me that I did OK but I went overkill on the mobo. He also said that the liquid cooler was a gimmic.
I know that it may be considered silly, but I kind of want a light show going on in my case.
Can Jow Forums tell me where I'm making a mis-step and maybe where I could go to make sure that my RGB crap can sync?
Pic is current 5yo build.

Attached: Capture.jpg (542x269, 29K)

that's not how you are supposed to dab

wait for 9900K it will be the best cpu ever

I'm going to buy this because I've never understood how to build or select parts for a PC. Should I invest the time or is this PC good quality. I don't really understand the specs.
>what are you going to do with it
Run solidworks and play games with hopefully 60fps.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 4.39.11 PM.png (763x739, 189K)

Stock cooler
Shit mobo
8gb ram
1060 is okay for medium graphics 60fps at 1080 i guess

Also no OS. But you can get that for cheap on sites line kinguin

can't I just pirate win10?

>Stock cooler
>Shit mobo
its not a K chip. Its fine.

>8gb ram
Again its one stick and you can easily get another or upgrade it in a year or two.

Its a really good deal. I cant imagine included keyboard mouse and screen being any good.I really doubt you could build anything like that for close to this price.

>ozbargain.com.au/node/403605
Looking through the comments does this mean its actually not worth it? Pic related.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 5.28.07 PM.png (688x1113, 150K)

any idea of good choices of case/chassis?
i was considering the Corsair Air 570/740 due to ease, just it might be a bit TOO BIG.

Plan on getting a 2080ti for a 1440p 144hz g-sync gaming rig. Should i pair it with a 2700x or i7 8700 ? I also do some light work besides gaming.

Also , anyone knows about this monitor:amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2703-GS-G-Sync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01LWJMM1S

In your opinion, how important is the case in terms of allocation of money? As in, would you choose a a Noctua D15 + a shitty $40 Carbide over Scythe Fuma + Meshify. The example isn't perfect but you get my point.

Please?
I'm fine with my ultrasharp display. Also fine with my 1060.
I just want a puter that will keep me content for ~4 years. I don't need cutting edge. I just want something that I wont have to mess with for a bit of time.

Is this a gamble worth taking for a 165hz 1440p monitor?

acerrecertified.com/acer-predator-27-widescreen-curved-lcd-monitor-display-wqhd-2560-x-1440-4-ms-xb271hu-bmiprz/

If you want to use an 1060, strip everything down. That’s a lot of wasted parts. You can buy a prebuilt with a 1060 for less than half what you’re paying here.
That cooler is completely useless.
That monitor is an overpriced piece of shit. You can get 144hz for not much more.

>$600
>2% better than 2700x in autism simulator 3

2700x is already worse than post-Spectre 8700k so....

of course.

>t.

Attached: intel jews (2).png (802x533, 38K)

Thank you!
The 1060 was a gift, I have it already. And i just payed $160 for 2 of the monitors. Sorry for not making that clear.
So I should just dumb everything down? I kind of was thinking that I was building a PC that could handle an upgrade part by part. I guess I'm just fooling myself.

You're physique is quite impressive...

in the interest of you

You are right to be wary of unspecified manufacturing. Also, don't underestimate just how shit intel's stock coolers are.

Case lasts longer than any other individual purchase. Buy a good one and reuse it for 3 or 4 builds

Trying to build a mini-pc.
But,
>It comes with a 400w PSU
>Not sure if GPU will fit (but I think so)
>Might not need all the extra case fans
>Might overheat

Attached: Capture.png (1220x1163, 218K)

>I kind of was thinking that I was building a PC that could handle an upgrade part by part. I guess I'm just fooling myself.
There's nothing wrong with doing that, it's just a bit strange to build around a 1060 and then immediately have it be the weakest component.

Is the GTX 980ti still a decent card? Found one used, it's cheaper than a GTX 1070 but a card from 2015 just sounds too ancient

decent build but like that other user said, why the fuck would you spend all that money then put a 1060 in?
also get a ryzen instead of intlel

Is the thermal paste from a stock cooler usually enough for the CPU or do you have to go out and buy more?

I'm looking to catch up on current gen games, fully embracing the console experience (sub 1080p, sub 60fps), but also expecting to get a PS4 later down the line so poorly optimized ports like DX:MD and Evil Within on 2400G don't bother me too much.

I also plan on adding a GPU in a year or two, probably in time for CP2077.

Am I doing this right?

Attached: Capture.png (590x478, 33K)

I feel that you'd need more than a 400w PSU.

Will this build get me coochie? pcpartpicker.com/list/q2THnH

Will be used for YT and gayming. Will purchase GPU on CL.

pretty sure node 202 comes with a 450W PSU, in which case it's fine. two fans for under the gpu should be plenty. it's the 8700k that has me worried because you might run into heat issues after OC. if I were you, I'd get a non-K i5, you'll save a bunch of money on mobo as well and won't know the difference.

>Am I doing this right?
You can get a Pentium + 1050ti cheaper than this and It will play the games better than the APU.

However if you're going AMD you should save some bucks by getting the 256GB SSD and using the StoreMi software they give for free. It rocks.

And even with AMD I would rather recommend you to get a lowest end Ryzen and a 1050ti

it is decent, but hot.

for AMD it is enough. for intel, don't use stock cooler.

don't buy just a single set of ram. you will bottleneck your system to hell.

Oh yeah, it's 450w.
How about i5-7600? (Will probably play EU4-type games for the most part)

I could also go for one of those mini-gpu's, but I feel if the node 202 can fit a normal size one that's kinda unnecessary.
Will also wait until 20th sep. to see if they turn down the prize on the 10 series.

Thank you btw.

Oh, wow. I didn't know that, ty.

Any recommendations for a easy to carry case?

Kinda want to build a console-like computer since I have LAN-style parties with my friends once or twice a month with my friends.

>easy to carry case
lian-li.com/pc-tu100/

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/p8wVLJ

Was gonna build this and maybe do a hackintosh. Any glaring issues or faults?

if you are not gonna buy the k version of 8600, why do you not go with 8400? you'll save some money

ebuyer.com/784948-gigabyte-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-oc-11gb-graphics-card-gv-n108tgaming-oc-11gd

y/n?

I don't know a lot about 1st gen Ryzen, I just remember people saying that the first chips had a lot of problems with ram compatibility, has this been mostly resolved?

wait for rtx series to come out. prices will fall.

yes it is solved with 2000 series.

ah fair enough, but thats a decent card?

very decent.

>Why not Epyc?
Low availability. Extremely hard to buy if you're a regular consumer, you'd have to go through enterprise channels that normally don't sell single chips, especially not for such highly request chips. Epyc are the hot stuff on the market right now, and they're all being gobbled up by big companies.
You'd be hard pressed to find one selling anywhere, and I doubt anyone would sell one second hand on Ebay or something either.

Cool thanks for the tip. I’ve changed it in the part list.

okay, thank you, this does seem to make a lot more sense

Attached: Capture.jpg (615x444, 39K)

I'm running Ryzen 1600 and 1060 6GB combo I've got last year. With black friday coming up should I upgrade to any newer CPU? Change to Intel? I would have to get new MB in that case. Or am I fine to run new games that'll come out in 2019 until next year's black friday? I'm content if I can hit at least 60fps on med settings

No need to upgrade basically until next gen consoles.

7% in 1080p and 4% in 1440p
barely a concern

Attached: 1313fs.png (642x824, 107K)

you are good for at least 2 years. basically this

R8 please

CPU: I7 8700k
MB: MSI PRO CARBON Z370
CPUVent: Corsair H115i PRO AiO
GPU: MSI Gaming X triple 1080ti+ waiting on bench
RAM: Corsair 3200MHz C 14 x32Gb
SSD OS: Samsung EVO 960 250gb
SSD Gaming: Samsung EVO 960 1To
HDD: WD black 4To or Seagate Barracuda 6To still waiting on a good deal
Vents: Corsair 3 LLRGB 120mm 5 LLRGB 140mm
PSU: Corsair Platinium 850i
Case: Corsair Air 740
Monitor: Acer Predator 144Hz G-Sync 1440p 27"

rate what? how rich you are?

I am a sound engineer and my company is willing to put 50% into it. So I'll pay around 2k for that. I am not that rich, but it's the first overkill computer I make.
Wanna make sure I am not wasting money through the windows.

are you sure about the AIO then? A Noctua would be more reliable in years to come.

this has to be the worst dab i have ever seen
pathetic, females cant do shit

So I'm looking to get a second small monitor for my PC that i can also draw on. At least bigger than 12". Does anyone have a recommendation for something like that for cheap? The only thing I can really find is the ASUS Zenscreen, which is at my my spending limit and I have no idea if it's even decent for drawing.

Like it doesn't have to be professional grade, just something I can practice on and use as a second monitor when I need to.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_toyoi_yuuta__918b8af007ca3e4df1194254f69d9d5f.gif (500x500, 328K)

Depends on what you want to do. For games wait for the 9900k. Anything else I'd get the 2700x.

>He can't stream

Attached: 1491910157288.jpg (1000x800, 677K)

What cooler should I look for to OC 1600 to it's max potential?

Not 100% sure about anything desu, what would you recommend?

evo 212 or gammax 300 would suffice.

the others are given. they are great parts and will work great.
AIOs are not that reliable for me. if the pump breaks, which they will, it would become useless.
a tower cooler on the other hand would work for years, impossible to break.

If he wants to overclock he should probably go for an aio.

noctuas are as good as AIOs in that regard also.

Thinkgen of getting the 1080ti Duke to upgrade my 380

Is there a price drop incoming or name?

rtx series will come out next week. expect price drop.

I've looked at benchmarks and the top tier Noctua does have barely 2-3°C difference to an AiO.
With that setup I won't overclock before 3 to 4 years.
What motivated that choice was the 5years warranty. But 50€ difference doesn't explain such a small performance difference. I'll consider it. Thanks.

Asking again for more definitive answer.
Is a GTX 1070 SC for 400€ (new) a good buy?
I recently sold my 1060 and it would cost me around 250€ or so to get the 1070. The TI model is 60€ more expensive, and I'm not sure I need a 1080 because I never play modern AAA games at extremely high graphics settings. I mostly want to enjoy older games from my backlog at 1440p with reasonably pretty graphics and stable framerate for 75hz.
I'm also considering waiting for the RTX 2070 to release but if those things are supposedly 500$ ~ 500€ at launch then prices will either skyrocket to 600€ because it's a new product release with 1070 priced gradually decreasing, or 1070 prices will stay the same because the 2070 will have a poor price/performance ratio.

Attached: 1456822-n0.jpg (700x411, 52K)

What if this scenario: rtx releases and people start to benchmark for themselves and realize the increase in performance is nowhere near as advertised. Now retailers say that the 1080 is still viable and bump up the prices to match rtx
In Europe a 1080ti is 700 Eurodollars, while a 2080ti is 1400

Are we talking into a calculated trap?

Good but you can do better. You can get 1070ti or 1080 new for 400 burger bucks (340euro) and prices are (probably) going to get lower because of new releases.

Reminder 1400€ is 1650$

people doesn't listen to the benchmarks. if they would have listened, ATI would destroy Nvidia on sales 10 years ago. for GPUs, it is all about marketing, not having a great product.
If Nvidia says RTX is better, then it is better. that's the thought process of normal people.

>converting dollars to euro
>thinks this is how market works

I know they have to pay a premium for europoor reasons, but even factoring in an increase means he can still get somewhat of a better deal especially if he waits.

so, on upgrading ram in ryzen systems. given the compatibility problems for high speed ram, is it conceivable that the conventional wisdom of "just get the same size, clock and latency" will no longer apply and specific sticks will simply no longer be available some years from now - preventing some people from upgrading? I just found what ram I needed for my mobo but as I was going through the QVL, there were many sticks that were out of stock everywhere I looked, and have been for months. is it just a temporary shortage or are manufacturers actually plowing through sticks like that?

Please halp, integrated vs not opnboard wifi?

I wish I could get a new 1070ti for 340€ but it doesn't work that way, user.
You must understand my suffering, then.
That's what I'm afraid of, as well. Nvidia releases the 2080's with around a 20 to 40% perf. increase while there's a 50% price increase and 1070's and 1070 ti's become more expensive during the 2070 release because the new gen has shit price/performance ratio. People avoid buying the 1070 for 600€ because it's a shit deal and they buy 2 year old 2070's for MSRP instead, which in turn, is also a shit deal. AYYMD fans are left waiting for 7nm 1070 and 1080 alternatives until Q1-Q2 2019, and at that point you're either buying a rebranded 1070 or an RX 5XX equivalent. Fuck waiting.

Attached: 1533232688276.jpg (399x464, 52K)

The premium we pay actually is the taxes. Our taxes are included in the price. Usually around 20%.
So while your cards are 400burgerbucks you pay something like 425 bucks. And our cards get to around 460 bucks.
It's generally not worth it do buy anything in the US anymore due to transportation fees.

I was talking mainly about sources other than retailers, I don't know how taxes would work in that case. I bought my card NIB from an app that's usually for used items.

youtu.be/rWXBo0bb_dU

>Tfw you realize a price drop is not coming and corporations only want to make more money

linus fucked up in that review as always. storemi is not a caching software, it is a drive tiering software. and it does a great job.

I have been checking on the website and haven’t been able to find any am4 boards that have 802.11 ac and hdmi. The shit from gigabyte looks like it craps out after 4-8 weeks.

Sort of new to all of this but am needing to get into sometime soon since my laptop from 2012 just can’t seem to handle any of the new games I want to play these days. But I am also eyeing towards making a machine that will last for a long time (don’t want to be bothered with old parts lying around or old builds that just collect dust, reselling seems tedious).

>I have been checking on the website and haven’t been able to find any am4 boards that have 802.11 ac and hdmi.
which website?

At least bump it to 600w. You want breathing room if you plan for future upgrades. Otherwise you'll just end up needing to buy a PSU with the GPU

Forgot to post that I got a 1080 ti last summer (before the price hike) that I was meaning to use as an egpu but decided against it after no large enough enclosures (without modification) and I didn’t want to accidentally fire it trying to set up the 2+2 or w/e connection that I had to make to connect it to the 650W psu I bought.

Newegg and ppc. First time doing this. Just ends up getting zero results. Have to pick one or the other. I can get Itx but that is too small.

Am I the only one who finds that type of panties very sexy?

MSI X470 Gaming PRO CARBON AC
or
Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming (ITX)
would be apt for your criteria. didn't check either of the sites though.

addition: I gave two different form factors because you talked about your laptop. maybe you want to build something small.

I'm not ever going to buy any GPU that's higher than mid-range, and more likely the lower end of mid-range. With power efficiency generally improving, I'm not too worried about running a mildly overclocked CPU and a single GPU with a gold-rated 450W PSU.