Is it worth getting an AMD gpu just for freesync or get a G-sync monitor (which supposedly have a lot of problems)...

Is it worth getting an AMD gpu just for freesync or get a G-sync monitor (which supposedly have a lot of problems)? AMD cards seem to underperform and get really hot. Why are they doing this? Obviously to compete, but why can't they release an affordable G-sync monitor? I'm really tired of screen tearing.

Attached: 4290352.jpg (800x600, 42K)

Just get a vega 64, it'll run everything current maxed out just fine and you'll have freesync support.

I'd recommend sapphire nitro+ 64.

They can't release an affordable gsync monitor because nvidia decided to make it require an expensive circuit in the panel to drive it, even though nvidia is perfectly capable of running freesync if they enabled it in the drivers.

AMD+FreeSync monitor is going to cost you same much as a Nvidia GPU or either a G-Sync monitor but give you less problems.

Hmm well. Vega cards are pretty expensive and they draw a lot of power

RX 580 is 5-10% faster then gtx 1060 6gb in most games and costs the same or less if you buy sh from ex miners

It probably isn't worth it, AMD is a generation behind in GPUs. I like my R9 290 and freesync monitor but I've had this shit for 4 years now and vega isn't worth it

AMD won't be behind Nvidia much longer. The best is yet to come.

Attached: supreme.jpg (1558x1085, 1.05M)

I use a sapphyre Vega 64.
It costed more than a 1080 performs roughly the same, power draw is greatly exaggerated, it might be somewhat higher but the card performs rather quitely and at very comfy temperatures.

So far I played Prey 4K 60 fps locked, Divinity OS 2 @ 4k 60fps locked, Witcher 3 @ 1800p 60 fps locked with hairworks (a 1080 wouldn't give stable 60 @ 4k either)

10 % is exaggeration

buying from miners usually means getting 24/7 maxed card that might die soon

They are expensive. What you have to consider is if the difference for you offsets the difference of getting a FreeSync or GSync panel. Usually, getting the FreeSync+Vega is cheaper, but it depends on where you are.

As for the power draw meme, it really isn't that bad as most people make it out to be. You can look it up if you want to. Don't forget that your card isn't drawing all that power unless you're using it at maximum. And if you care that much, Vegas are amazing at undervolting while keeping performance, so you can tweak it easily.

If your budget only allows you to get a midrange graphics card and a monitor, then G-sync just doesn't make sense. The marginal cost of a G-sync monitor over a free sync monitor just makes G-sync nonsensical when your budget is tight.

>why can't they release an affordable G-sync monitor?
Because all G-Sync monitors require a proprietary black box module manufactured by Nvidia, for which they charge a set, high fee. The price of a G-Sync monitor is essentially the cost of an equivalent FreeSync monitor plus the cost of that module.

Unless Nvidia drop the price of the module, this will never change. And if you believe that Nvidia are going to drop the price of anything in their current market position, I have a wide portfolio of bridges which you may be interested in purchasing.

>but why can't they release an affordable G-sync monitor
Nvidia is greedy as fuck and can get away with it because AMD is too far behind in the GPU game. If there were enough competition, everyone but Nvidia would have come together to invent a standard, then told Nvidia to shove their proprietary shit up their asses. I'm surprised that Nvidia hasn't reinvented some new monitor connector to force everyone to buy new Nvidia brand cables.

How bad are Vega prices?
german prices:
>Vega 56 strix
440€
>1070ti strix (for reference)
480€

Not totally true, large farmers underclock their cards, and running 24/7 at a stable temp is less damaging than repeated heating/cooling that you'd get from games

what is the purpose of freesync/gsync if you have a 144hz monitor and a gpu capable of hitting 144fps

Keep an eye out on Dells site, you can sometimes get sales and coupons to get a 27" 1440p 144hz, GSync monitor for like $400

>implying current gpus are capable of hitting 144fps minimum on ultra settings on the latest games

God yes fuck all the shills

AMD is the future and Intel will fucking DIE

S to spit upon Intel

>literally 2x the cost of a freesync monitor after sales and coupons
>"good deal"

>or get a G-sync monitor (which supposedly have a lot of problems)
Gsync doesn't have problems (if anything it works better than Freesync), but it's just expensive as fuck and honestly isn't worth the goy tax.

Unfortunately, AMD is so fucking flakey with GPUs these days that I'd be reluctant to buy into them. That's not to say Polaris or Vega are necessarily bad, but AMD just seems to not really give a fuck about their GPU division anymore. There's also the matter of them basically giving up on the super high-end if that's something that interests you--if you ever want to have the best performing card of a gen, AMD doesn't really seem interested in offering something like that anymore.

>AMD cards seem to underperform and get really hot.
play the long game. I got a 390 which barely edged out the 970 when it came out. Currently, it has aged like wine and it's gotten seriously better than the 970 due to software optimizations. the power draw difference usually works out to like $4/yr. operating cost difference for the advantage of having your card mature into old age well.

>i use an i7 6700k and R9 380X combo
What am i?

Attached: Gameofthronescharacterpepe.jpg (700x472, 40K)

you can get a 1080 for that price

>large farmers
"Large farmers" usually dont sell single cards to the average joe. And the majority of smaller miners are technological illiterates, who followed yt-tutorials to set the whole stuff up and then just let the stuff run with not sufficient ventilation in their slightly wet basements.

Please dont try to tell me that the crypto-circlejerk did not made buying used cards a minefield. I spent too much time in these groups trying to explain the most basic stuff (common sense) to these idiots.

A bottom of the barrel freesync monitor vs a nice dell and then you don't need an inferior AMD video card.
Get your priorities right.