deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

>OP Keyboard:
IBM 3178

Attached: VvDPHQQ.jpg (2448x1454, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jKaIXyTySkk
youtube.com/watch?v=2pFoo_Mvluo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for massdrop dropping the ball and not shipping everything out at the promised time.

Attached: AI7B3759_copy_20180222135325.jpg (3960x1200, 3.86M)

Isn't that just another Tuesday for them? I haven't ordered anything from them since DSA Granite Round 2, years ago. They have the same reputation in the audio community. Used to be a way to get enough people together to get a project done that wouldn't otherwise or a nice price break on something with enough folks, but almost seems more like a preorder store nowadays.

Pretty much. It wouldn't be so bad if they just overestimated how long shit would take instead of underestimating.

>tfw you like regular keyboards more than mechanical ones
>don't need to spend exorbitant amounts of money on a keyboard

Attached: 1516960233466.jpg (516x417, 68K)

>yfw this guy gets most of his mechanical keyboards for free or for pennies from recycling centers
youtu.be/jKaIXyTySkk

I would suck so many dicks for a good condition F107

>TFW when people throw out apex 70's mechanicals all the time or sell them as surplus for cheap
>TFW got a Beamspring from the university of Florida for $15 last year

Might as well sell it now for over a kilobuck then.

What keyboard would you guys recommend for osu!? I've never bought a mechanical before and I want one to play comfortably on that game

Attached: feb8p5ktp5r01.png (1080x1080, 157K)

Nah. I like it. If I had a second one I would do that in a heartbeat though.

He doesn't anymore since moving to the Netherlands, so its time for Britfags to find his old contacts and get the good shit

I'm American but living in South Korea for a while. Does anyone know of any good SK brand mechanical keyboards? There's a lot of weird knockoff shit here and I don't know who to trust.

Leopold

South Korea is the custom keyboard capital of the world. All those little tiny brands like Viper are stuff people pay hundreds of dollars for in the rest of the world. geekhack topic=35864

And also a bunch of chinese clone shit. But you can tell the difference just from build quality.

Thanks, click-clacky brother.

I dunno, something low travel I guess

I'm lurking for a bluetooth mk and I may end up buying an anne pro 2. Can I get anything better with linear switches, no rgb and

These caps came in from massdrop. They're surprisingly decent, especially for tai-hao

Attached: MD-34083_20170117111417_4c818104a913ed42.jpg (1500x1000, 808K)

I use a keyboard with gateron blacks for osu!mania

Is it wrong to still like cherry switches?

There's nothing "wrong" with having a mental illness, ethically at least. But you'll improve your quality of life if you get some professional help.

One of the best memes I fell for.

Even an entry level mech feels miles better than my old kb.

What's a decent membrane keyboard that I can take to work that will take a beating and not make me want to kill myself after getting used to mechanicals at home? Is the Logitech K120 meme still going?

Looking for a new keyboard, figure it may be time to finally go mechanical, however I'm incredibly picky.

Budget is around 100, possibly more.
USA
Browns I think? Maybe reds? Never actually used them.
ANSI
80%, 100% is fine too
RGB preferred
Logitech k740

I've used the k740 for many years now, probably about 8. I love it, but I'm curious about trying a mechanical. The problem is most mechanicals I see are simply gigantic and I just can't deal with it.. I like low-profile and chiclet keys. I've done some looking around, and it seems my options here are incredibly limited?

Tesoro Gram Spectrum
Tesoro Gram XS
HAVIT KB395L
GAMDIAS Hermes M3

Or wait for Cooler Master to release their CK600 series, with the CK630 being the TKL one. It seems like my best option is to just wait for the ck630 for the chiclet keys, or the Havit for the low-profile. Do you guys have any other recommendations?

>HAVIT KB395L
mine just showed up this morning. typing on it currently. I got the red version direct off their website. it's an amazing keyboard so far and the red switches are not only smooth, but fantastically quiet. I think I paid $80 USD for free global shipping. if you are in the US, I see that Amazon just started carrying the red version recently, so that may be a quicker option. if you are in the UK, check out the Sharkoon PureWriter, as it also comes with the options of blue or red switches.

Would you recommend gateron reds for regular osu!?

>tfw when typing on Cherry® MX™ switches

Attached: bourg.png (269x350, 179K)

They should be fine yes. Honestly I've played mania on my Model M so I imagine one could eventually adapt to any switch.

So stupid question.
But are Cherry switches still king?
Or is there a new youngbuck out there that's dethroned the old and busted?

Cherry makes shit switches. Buy gateron, outemu, or even better buy kailh box switches

For that one user that was asking about hako royal clears a few threads ago, they're back in stock at novelkeys now.

Attached: clears_1600x.jpg (1600x1069, 114K)

this is your bi-weekly reminder that gaming chads with hyperx mechanical keyboards have better lives than you

What's the smoothest linear switch one can get that isn't hall effect or optical?

ITW magnetic valve, vintage tall keytronic, digitran capacitive...you can just start going through most of the vintage linear list really.

What about something that doesn't need a PCB or any sort of specialized hardware to function? Pretty sure that limits it to contact based switches only.

>Contact only

Buy a Pingmaster then. Cheap as fuck, very high quality.

Feels like it'd be a shame to desolder the switches out of a pingmaster. That and I'm not even sure it'd work to try and put the larger SKCC switches in a dactyl. Ever use SKCL greens?

You didn't say you wanted them for a custom project. If you want SKCL linears then I think you can still get NOS yellows in bulk from china for cheap. They're basically greens but a little heavier.

I coped these 2 bad boys for 45€ including shipping, did I do good? I'll probably try to sell one since I already have a model M and an unicomp at home

Attached: access.jpg (5312x2988, 1.61M)

>Clean late 80's M's for about $25 apiece.

Ya did good user. Real good.

Alright nice, good to know!

you did exceptionally well

Just bought a Magicforce 49 with gateron reds. How did I do?

Attached: MKID_Smart_49_Black_Gateron_Ice_Blue_LED_2-800x800-600x600.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>40% board

Attached: 1535270058751.jpg (838x638, 145K)

No way you'll get that keyboard to work on any PC.

Pretty sure it has a 5 pin din plug which is no big deal, you can get cheap converters off Amazon.

that thin cable coming out the back instead of a massive rope is evidence that he already did

You can make any capacitive board work with USB with a $15 controller and some elbow grease.

youtube.com/watch?v=2pFoo_Mvluo

Attached: jesus.png (425x475, 91K)

35g topre

Yeah, that model came with the same solenoids as the beamsprings so it makes a pretty good racket when it's on.

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 52K)

This one

Attached: IMG_0054.jpg (956x443, 95K)

So the default is the blue switches, which I was probably just going to go for, but you got me curious about the reds.

From what I've read about standard reds, is since they are linear, there is no actual indication that the keypress occurred, unless you bottom it out, correct? I'm not entirely a fan of that as it sounds on paper. However with the low-profile switches, the distance to press is much smaller, so there would therefore be much less of a worry about the keypress not activating, making these low-profile reds seemingly closer in feel to a membrane I would presume?

they do feel pretty close to a membrane keyboard. just know that most membrane keyboards have some sort of tactile feedback when the rubber dome collapses, but on the small island style keyboards that tactility is so small that it's hard to notice

Think I'll go with the reds then. The other option was as mentioned to just wait for Cooler Master to release their ck600 series, which are legit cherry mx new low-profile switches for chiclet keys, but something tells me the price is gonna be more than I'm willing to pay.

Oh it's gonna be pricey. The Ducky blade Bluetooth version is like 180ish bucks in Korean pricing, though I have no idea if that includes taxes since I can't read Korean

Attached: Ducky Blade.jpg (2048x1268, 117K)

That's a good point, fuck it, Havit with red switches it is. Here goes.

I want a keyboard with topre switches. I'm torn between the fc660c, the hhkb, and an 87u realforce. Can anybody provide guidance or insight?

I got the massdrop CTRL with Halo Trues and boy they're some strange keys. I'm definitely getting use to typing a little lighter to avoid straining my fingers but it takes some getting used to. 80g is surprisingly heavy compared to 50g.

HHKB is a meme and realforce keyboards suck ass
the best topre keyboard isn't even made anymore. Get a fc980/660c or if you want something much cheaper then the HHKB is fine too when it's on sale.

Do you happen to have any mx clears to compare the weighting with?

No unfortunately not. Also I was mistaken, it's not 80g bottom out it's 100g like the clears. I have tried the hako royal clears and they don't feel like this, I don't dislike it but I'm going to try Hako Royal Clears and Outemu Sky/Clear since the CTRL is a hotswap. I'm not entirely sure such heavy switches are right for me.

Why is it a meme? Why do realforce keyboards sucks? Most of what I've read has been positive. What is the best topre keyboard you're referring to?

this is the original user you were replying to here. the reds are smooth the whole way down; no feedback until you bottom out. the switch throw is a little over a millimeter, IIRC. they are more like a smooth, light scissor switch than a straight up membrane, like a Lenovo keyboard. as points out, you do actually get a little tactility on a membrane with each keypress. I like these reds more because the bottom out is extremely light in comparison because of the low switch travel.
hope it satisfies!

Picked up this little thing for $30 off Craigslist. So far I'm pretty happy with it. It's nice to have something that clicks again after using reds for a while

Attached: 20180917_231358.jpg (4032x3024, 3.96M)

Should be here Thursday, I'm excited. Will drop by and give my thoughts when it comes in as someone totally new to this stuff. Thanks for the help, guys!

Ohh thank God.
My MKG24 is not heating. Can anyone help

Attached: 1295443.jpg (600x600, 25K)

coworker says my MX blues are too loud
I only like the loud switches
do I tell him to fuck off?

Best keyboard of all time. Not even kidding

Attached: Apple_Extended_Keyboard.jpg (800x600, 41K)

>non black glock
i see your a man of culture

Nice little thing

Attached: kee h p.jpg (2200x1467, 1.14M)

Last month I came here casually asking for a recommendation for a keyboard mostly just for typing since I work at my computer most of the day and don't really do any gaming. Needed TKL because I'm working in a very cramped space.

Someone recommended I get the KBParadise V80 w/ box navies over on mechanicalkeyboards.com so I did.

Just wanted to say thanks. It's been a really pleasant typing experience thus far. I don't really keep up with consumer electronics/peripherals so it was nice getting some easy recs.

Attached: 1410481563782.jpg (1020x1447, 530K)

yeah the higher end keycap drops seem to always be miserable and after the whole incident with the planck light, idk if I'd shop expensive things from them anymore. It's a good thing I found it after the drop ended; I might have bought one.
I haven't had a problem with the smaller, cheaper items tho

Some keyboard with browns like ducky leopold or vortex, not best for typing but good for speed, consistency and stamina

Any of you fuckers have any experience with a full board tactile grey. My clears are starting to feel too light but I still want that feel of clears.

OH MAN IT'S FUCKING HERE.

E R G O D O X T I M E

Attached: asdf.png (716x193, 9K)

It's very good. Everyone loves alps. But best of all time is stretching it a bit.

fag lol

I'm gonna get a pok3r for my first 60%. Kinda excited, but nervous about playing mount and blade warband without the f keys.

FUCKING WHEN?!

Attached: fucking when.png (722x728, 606K)

>box navies

Attached: 699c929252a785cb54ea54b77c72e0d4.jpg (1060x1338, 81K)

Anyone got their tokyo60? How is it? About to jump in for R3/R2.

Attached: tokyo60.jpg (1024x683, 202K)

Best O-rings for quieting MX clears and where can i get them?

I made a shit guide

Attached: shit guide.png (1567x812, 838K)

>Recommending memelios
U fucked up

Any of you waiting for a new model f?

Attached: DSC_8528-1-1024x929.jpg (1024x929, 78K)

no because I already have an original

Just wanted to thank for the links here. The first one already looked really good.

I'm going to get one when the first wave of geekhack kids gets theirs and then moves on to the next meme. That way I don't have to worry about waiting and will probably be able to even get it for a little money off. I know probably 3/4 of people who actually ordered will keep theirs especially the deskthority old fogies, but that will still be a good amount on the market.

Attached: IMAG0697.jpg (2688x1520, 2.19M)

Can anyone point me to see keycap sets compatible with the magicforce 49? The weirdly sized esc is proving annoying. Surely there must be some sets made for it.

Some**

Sorry, phone posting like a faggot.

No I didn't fag. Zealios are good. They are just fucking overpriced.

>Recommending outemu switches
I just wanted to tell the person who made this list to go fuck themselves.

you can still purchase model Ms and model Fs

HHKB has less tactility but gives less fatigue because no metal backplate. FC660C has a better meme layout and is higher quality. Don't even bother with a Realforce unless you want to mod it, it's pretty bland for what you get and the RGB version has the worst feel out of any topre board, even the clones.

>fatigue
imagine getting tired from typing fuckin lmao

fucking topre babies