Siemens

>Siemens
>Nokia
>ericsson
>Bosch
>nothing else

Why is there so little innovation in Europe compared to Japan or USA?

Attached: 08E21577-514A-4F26-9015-7282E2C34D89.jpg (618x1681, 325K)

The Japanese pretty much ended up destroying European powerhouses such as Philips,GRUNDIG etc around the 1980s with the VHS not even making this shit up

>that pic
Based East Asia

Any European tech company of note has been bought out and patents would transfer to the new owner.

a) lots of people
b) zero respect for things originally patented in the West

B-But Philips still had CD

They also had Compact Audio Cassette,V2000,LaserDisc,Blu-ray anyway Philips almost sold off their entire consumer electronics division recently to the Jap Funai Corporation but the deal fell through. The only thing that kept Philips going was really the wise investment in LED light technology.

I mean V2000 and LD were flops, but yeah compact cassette and Blu-Ray were/are also decent money makers I guess.
Don't forget half their revenue is now healthcare stuff, that's what really keeps them going.
Lighting is now a separate company too so main Philips is just a shell of what it used to be.

>Siemens
Oh, hey, I'm working in a factory in New Zealand producing railway gear for them.

V2000 was seriously good we had a GRUNDIG one 8 hours of footage on one tape for the mid 80s, quite the downgrade when we were forced to purchase a VHS in the late 80s.

Attached: 53.jpg (1551x941, 486K)

Also taking the whole PAL50hz NTSC60hz thing into consideration a NTSC version of V2000 would have had even longer recordings per tape.

I know technically it was better than VHS/Beta, but financially it was clearly a flop for Philips.

Still not Laser Disc levels of disaster though when it comes to the EU market.

I live in the EU as well and I've literally never met anyone who owned a LaserDisc lmao

Neither did I but if you were alive during the 80s and early 90s V2000 was not that uncommon.

>No NEC
Anyways the end of the CRT pretty much fucked every major Japanese and European manufacturer. The demise of the CRT definitively marks the decline of the Japanese and the rise of the Koreans.

Like IBM, the most innovative company on the planet, am I rite?

(((Patents))), (((intellectual property))) and (((copyright/copyleft))) are a cancer that should be removed from existence.

>work at university
>come up with new type of ink
>patent that shit via uni
>couple years later find out japanese company uses ink
>doesn't pay fees so contact them
>they say they'll stop
>but only when they get sued
>know full well that uni can't afford costs to kick off legal process
>can't afford to sue
basically my professor.
patents only work for big corps who already have lots of money.
otherwise it doesn't work.

Attached: 1511493797390.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Rimac electric supercar is the world's first electric supercar, and the world's fastest electric car. Almost every part of it is designed, manufactured and assembled in Croatia. Anything else comes from Europe.

Japan will stop existing cause like the Pandas the Japanese just aren't fucking one another.

USA is a has-been.

Attached: rimac-concept-one.jpg (1918x1080, 407K)

Exactly, it's a totalitarian and a communist idea

A lot of EU shit gets sold to America. Skype was sold to Microsoft around 8 years ago.

Because Europe is a shit place to run a business. In America corporations may fuck citizens in the ass but in Europe citizens fuck corporations in the ass...

>assembled in Croatia
Lmao, Croatia won't even exist in 10 years they'll be sold to Americans just like anything else in EU.

>entire industry is just one type of display
They deserved to be fucked over tbqh

>cant get away with fucking over the consumer for 1000000% profit margin
>the citizen is fucking us in the ass
oy vey