ecomstation.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRON_project
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTRON
tronweb.super-nova.co.jp/btron.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Going back to MSDOS.

OpenBSD

>windows has gone down the shitter
It was never good. You just didn't know any better back then.

>had to put "Confirms" in quotes
Yep it's fucking nothing. Indian clickbait as usual.

9front
openbsd
haiku

choose wisely

Link that article OP.
there's computers with windows 95 and 98 still because it just works.

Can you not google 'windows 7 monthly fee' and click the first link that pops up on your own?

Come home.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 27K)

It's media misleading the title as usual. Microsoft will ask the companies to pay monthly to make their Windows 7 PCs supported after the official support ends in 2020. The paid support will stop at 2023 too though.

So what happens to me who is still using it?

I miss you so
You were perfect, the simplicity of XP with the advancements of Vista without any of the bullshit

If they would just PR it as a 'you dont have to install Windows 10 Fee' , be a whole boatload more popular Tax then

You stop getting updates and have to start using more Common Sense.

Nothing happens. You just don't get security updates after 2020.

what happened to linux?

PC era is over.

FreeBSD
Based Theo will save us.

9front. Get busy.

FreeDOS.

TempleOS

>forbes.com/consent/?toURL=
forbes tries to rape me if i do

>twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1041441155874009093

Windows has never been free.

>blocked
lol I don't even know why
what did it say?

no want pay moneys
want constant updates security and easy to use no CD
pay moneys every 4 years for arbitrary ui changes
oh no
now they ask pay every month
it's like paying them to develop updates
meanwhile pay Adobe, Autodesk, MS office monthly

>common sense
>buffer overflow/remote execution holes start appearing
I can't wait for the imminent "win7nuke" the day after MS ends support

i'm installing windows xp 64 bit
fuck you microshit

Complete God's temple, user...

Attached: feelterry.jpg (350x350, 48K)

The monthly charge is for support after 2020, dumbass. You will be able to install the updates for free at home, is paid only for business clients.

Attached: 61b.png (369x311, 9K)

Go outside with friends, get a wife, have kids, stop being autistic about OSes

lol windows 7 always was and will always be bloated trash, XP was sleek and slim

Kys. The updates are for businesses only. To install at home, you have to pirate the updates or do some shitty registry edit to get half assed "updates"

OpenBSD is a white man's OS choice.

gnu/trannylinux os

haiku

fail
fail
fail

Cut your dick off and then hang yourself.

>what ia wsus offline

You think MS will allow these updated to be publicly available? They want to kill off win7

Do we have i3wm for any of those?

Nice try M$. But know what, it is already installed in my HD. And I don't believe in this bullshit security threat. Unless the malware is actually some of your own updates, which of course I'm just ignoring since the upgrade to 10 debacle.

OpenBSD duh
X11 runs on Plan 9, so i3 should be portable (ask the fags in Plan 9 general on how)
I don't know about Haiku, but then again Haiku doesn't care about other window managers

HAIKU
A
I
K
U

Debian Hurd

did this years ago

Attached: mmc_2018-09-17_17-05-09.png (371x167, 7K)

are you a white man (male)?

DragonflyBSD

"If they want their computers safe" aka if they want to subscribe to bot net updates.

Good because it doesn't work anymore, you can't turn off the service that turns windows update service back up

Attached: windows_update_medic_service.png (406x468, 10K)

Why the fuck can't we have a more modern but still decent to work with OS?

I mean to put it on perspective, Android and iOS, even though more limited, seem much more fucking functional on the regular. Animations are smooth, everything works simple and straight to the fucking point. Windows and macOS are built on top of ancient shit and they can't really manage this.

God I miss how well it worked.

I fell for the DX12 meme, shouldn't have.

Time to create our own kernel, I'll make the logo.

I can write the CoC

>Windows 7 - Now with extra cucking.

I’ll make the github page

this unironically

XP is unoptimized and insecure trash

Windows always wins

ShrineOS

My next computer will likely either be a 17" Hacintosh ASUS VivoBook Pro or maybe gentoo if I can figure out how to run qemu with GPU passthrough. By then maybe we'll have a kernel fork

I don’t know why Apple still didn’t replace OS X core of frankenstein free freebsd plus mach and instead kept polishing the turd to the point of it just werking (microsoft only with windows 7 and now 10 started to unfuck it’s core before it was a buggy mess much worse than OS X). They even released Metal, different kits and apfs (with OS X going trough thousands hoops and tricks to make HFS+ not shit itself to an end user which it still did if you dig deeper). It’s time for real micro kernel of Apple want to keep marketing muh security as their selling point.

Uuuuh, replace it with what, moshie?
xnu is a macrokernel with realtime threading and reasonably fast threads and linking with a non-GPL license. That checks off what Apple needs for OS X.

Windows 2000 with Kernel32

consoles

While based, wouldn't this just be worse, security wise, than using XP? If not, why?

Install BSD

That weird one Richard Stallman uses

A lot of people i know are considering moving to linux, sick of MS's BS, and now they can play (most) of their games.

Did MS know this and use their evil powers to destabilise linux?

>replacing shit that works more or less well and reliable with new shit that looks shinier and good (in paper only)
This isn't how real life works.

>Did MS know this and use their evil powers to destabilise linux?
My mom alway's claimed that MS bought out linux.

XP is insecure because Microsoft dropped support, because they're massive faggots. Anything after XP is bloated garbage.

OpenBSD or some TempleOS continuation
this desu
weird way to spell freedos
9front is cucked too, their irc is on freenode ffs, openbsd I can get behind

I still use XP every day,it does everything i need it to do

RISC OS.

Attached: RiscOS-screen-20121126-1024x576.png (1024x576, 555K)

Haiku

you can edit the registry to get updates like in xp.

ok folks how do we get ibm to redo this for contemporary pc use?

Attached: os2 warp.jpg (4128x2322, 2.42M)

>muh bloat
>being so fucking poor you can't afford better hardware
Embarrassing.

>FreeBSD
>Theo
I have some bad news for you, friendo...

You don't. But you can use eComStation.

ecomstation.com/

that looks massively expensive for home use.

Fork TempleOS into something useful.

>what OS do we turn to now?
Complete GNU, with HURD kernel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRON_project

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTRON

>At one point, BTRON had a chance of becoming a popular desktop operating system in Japan. In 1989 the Japanese company Matsushita (now Panasonic) released an Intel-based PC, dubbed the PanaCAL ET, with the BTRON operating system. Though it only had an Intel 80286 processor with 2 MB of RAM, the system could render color video in a separate window. The Japanese government planned to introduce the Matsushita PC in its schools, but the Office of the United States Trade Representative objected, claiming that the plan constituted market intervention and threatened Japan with sanctions; not coincidentally, the former official of the United States Trade Representative office who issued the threats against the Japanese government, Tom Robertson, had been offered by Microsoft the very lucrative position of being their Tokyo-based director for government affairs in Asia

Attached: 11_201806111947400b7.gif (672x716, 353K)

$145 for up to three PCs. That's $6 more than Microsoft wants for one Windows 10 Home license.

Fuchsia is the solution.
Google will win everything.

Not a damn thing. Just don't be stupid.

Wow, they sure ride NEXT's dick hard...

tronweb.super-nova.co.jp/btron.html

>$145 for up to three PCs. That's $6 more than Microsoft wants for one Windows 10 Home license.
so i can run heavily outdated software and incapable of using the internet... well techincally not much different than windows 10 sometimes...

I'm sure the home/student thing is just an afterthought for students about to join the workforce and hoping to land a job at a bank that uses it.

Solaris, my niggas

Attached: solaris9-1-1.png (1024x768, 30K)

>what OS do we turn to now?
How is that bad? Seems better than just dropping support like they did with Windows XP. Just upgrade or stay on Windows 7 without paying for the monthly charge.

Of three major ones I'd just go back to windows or use ltsb or whatever.

Otherwise you're going to have to use some extremely obscure OS. Might as well just write your own at this point...Just watch out for the train.

They are CoC'ed by default. No.

Looks like Free DOS is the solution.

Using FreeDOS would require a radical departure from the always-online, multimedia-heavy, conception of modern computer use.

>I miss you so
is that a city pop reference user? i really hope it is.

You can make DOS run multiple programs at once. Like Windows 9X were.
But I don't know if FreeDOS supports multi-thread CPUs...

This. Its super comfy and BBS BASIC is fun.

how do i into 9front

Have you messed with illumOS or OpenIndiana? I was pretty underwhelmed by both. God damn Oracle for murdering OpenSolaris...