Your OS pic related, what do?

your OS pic related, what do?

Attached: 45678.jpg (560x572, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#many
youtu.be/J9gKyRmic20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

prepare ur anus

get your wife fucked by BIG BLACK PENGUIN.

switch to 4.9 LTS, in the meantime experiment with BSD

Attached: Di4RR1wXoAMO0Ad.jpg (1012x632, 70K)

>inb4 mods move thread to Jow Forums

thanks for the tip

>keep using it
>literally nothing happens

Attached: 1524918682123.jpg (529x399, 27K)

Attached: 709px-Hurd-logo.svg.png (709x709, 22K)

Use it

Load the web browser

Attached: 1532503983924.png (200x371, 13K)

>paying for overpriced trash is indistinguishable
ok kid

Linux is just a kernel.

Attached: 0B3BEF87-62F0-4AE2-8564-37B29860BDFA.jpg (1242x2208, 334K)

/thread

Attached: unhackable-kernel-sel4.jpg (982x552, 60K)

>download this NSA program which has at least a 99% chance of being botnet/spyware

Oh, you're one of those guys, huh?
We know.
We know it's just a fucking kernel, it's just an annoying thing to point out.
Are you really this autistic? Everyone and their dog knows it's GNU/Linux. Saying "guhnew slash linux" out loud is awkward and unnecessary, because we get it. We fucking get it, okay?
Shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1506620149921.jpg (210x295, 11K)

>Are you really this autistic? Everyone and their dog knows it's
no it is not, only some fat autist and a few of his sperglord followerdrones think that

I refuse to use operating systems.

install openbsd

Anyone who doesn't know obviously doesn't give a shit about Linux, so what's the fucking point? I'm not going out of my way to sound like I'm gagging on a horse's dick by tacking on "GUHNEWWWW" every time I mention it. It's retarded and makes you look retarded. If Stallman's such a sperg about "MUH CREDIT", maybe he should have picked a name that doesn't make you look like you're gagging on a horse's dick when you say it.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: richard-stallman-100586957-primary.idge.jpg (620x413, 107K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, systemd/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, systemd plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning systemd system made useful by the systemd corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by systemd.
Many computer users run a modified version of the systemd system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of systemd which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the systemd system, developed by the systemd Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the systemd operating system: the whole system is basically systemd with Linux added, or systemd/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of systemd/Linux.

Your pic is the maskot of Linux, a kernel. It's not a pic of an operating system.

take this image, back from when linus wasnt a cuck

Attached: linux.jpg (804x931, 362K)

>>hear about this new OS called linucks
>>it's run by faggots

Yikes! guess I'll stick with Microsoft

Lmao being this new
That's a fake made by Jow Forums
If your banana monkey brain would actually work, you'd know that rms would never get an google+ botnet account.

I going to unironically install Dragonfly.

Attached: 1504425728080.jpg (818x960, 121K)

lurk moar

Attached: 1537170877129.jpg (720x1082, 372K)

$ sudo -i
# emerge --sync
# emerge -atuDN --with-bdeps=y --complete-graph @world

Is he wrong?

Attached: 1520783172449.jpg (567x548, 46K)

Yes. The text builds a stawman which demands that the linux kernel should be called gnu/linux because it is used with gnu software and build with gcc. Actually, nobody wants to rename the kernel linux; the combination of the gnu system and the linux kernel is what it's all about.

*destroys ur argument*

Attached: 1525960858547.png (667x163, 9K)

You can have a functional Linux system without any GNU software whatsoever. What about all the other shit that comes with Linux distros that wasn't made by GNU? Should we tack on all those prefixes for MUH CREDIT as well? Where does it end? All the components of a Linux system are interchangeable. The only constant necessity is the Linux kernel, it just makes more sense to simply refer to it as "Linux" rather than suggesting GNU has some sort of monopoly over userland.

Please describe how alpine destroys the argument because it doesn't: The request is about calling the combination of GNU and Linux GNU/Linux.

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#many

Embedded devices that use Linux + small helpers aren't GNU/Linux systems, obviously. What's your point?

>All the components of a Linux system are interchangeable. The only constant necessity is the Linux kernel, it just makes more sense to simply refer to it as "Linux" rather than suggesting GNU has some sort of monopoly over userland.
That.
That was my point.

this

>BIG BLACK PENGUIN.

Attached: big black rooster.jpg (960x914, 146K)

openbsd
get rid of that devil and you're good.

youtu.be/J9gKyRmic20
>the absolute state of technology

Don't update kernel anymore.

based tyrooster