Utter n00bfag here: How tf do I install C (not C++ and shit) on windows 8 and run it on sublime text 3...

Utter n00bfag here: How tf do I install C (not C++ and shit) on windows 8 and run it on sublime text 3? Need it for my coming etech studies. Pls no bulli.

Attached: 1534746369386.png (767x758, 507K)

>install C
If you really want to learn C, you have to install linux/bsd first.

look up on how to install gcc on windows and how to use it.
it would be way easier to use C on Linux........

I'm using a shittier laptop that can run nothing better than shit setting-Dota. Downloading linux and a vm is therefore problematic and too time consuming for me.

>can't even google
>wants to do studies
how about you fuck off and do something that you are capable off, like kys?

Dota is playable on any linux distribution dumbass

look up Windows Subsystem For Linux (WSL)

Try eclipse, i think there may be eclipse C photon IDE edition (there is C++ for sure) but you need to check it out

>write program in a text file
>gcc fizzbuzz.c
>wait a bit
>exe in your directory
fuck your ide shit

This
Or this

Know it. I'll maybe try to set a VM up for that.

It isn't about doto, it's about my laptops efficiency, every software i pirated over the years (mainly VSTs) and the fact that I'm more used to windows. I just need to be able to have C run on ST3.

Why even bother asking anything on this sudamese Alpacca breeding forum?

glad you showed up to clear things up

>How tf do I install C
C isn't a piece of software, it is a description of a programming language.

> (not C++ and shit)
You probably want to use some sort of Visual Studio Code compiler or such, that is pretty much the only reasonable way.

>and run it on sublime text 3?
That is a text editor. A text editor doesn't "run" a programming language, it is supposed to edit text files.

>Need it for my coming etech studies.
Ask your university.

>THIS is what's coming out of (((college))) with a computer science diplomas

>Why even bother asking anything on this sudamese Alpacca breeding forum?
It EXPLICITLY says that this is NOT (I REPEAT NOT) your tech support service, the point of this board is NOT (I REPEAT NOT) to support your tech problems.

np
I'll also second VS Code as an easy way to get started

It hasn't even started yet lmao. My first semester will start today in 3 weeks.

Since C is a specification, not a specific program, there are many different programs that implement it. Here are a handful to consider looking into:
>mingw32
>mingw-w64
>clang
>gcc on cygwin
>gcc on a gnu os on a virtual machine
>tcc
Out of all of them, tcc is the only one that runs natively on Windows with no cross compilation necessary. However, it's also the most minimal.

>Out of all of them, tcc is the only one that runs natively on Windows with no cross compilation necessary. However, it's also the most minimal.
Wait, no. My mistake.
mingw32, mingw-w64, and gcc on cygwin all also run natively. But I wasn't really thinking of them as "native" because they don't build directly against the Windows API, they each have a GNU compatibility layer.

If you're using Windows just use visual studio, you'll probably be too much of a brainlet to complie via cli anyways

Okay guys. I managed to fix it. I can now use C on ST3 but why does it take so freaking long to compile?

Attached: Unbenannt.png (1600x900, 69K)

Just run everything on terminal with gcc or clang

Just install GNU/Linux. Much easier for developing stuff.

How to install assembly language

I wouldn't bet on you coming out any better if you have ti make an op like this :)

>t. finished college recently and can tell an NPC

this, just have gcc on PATH and do everything in terminal. It's easier when compiling multiple files as well.

get a job retard

Vmware or virtual box