AdBlock Plus is blocking Jow Forums-X stuff

Anyone else has this problem? The catalog won't load unless I turn Adblock off or turn Violentmonkey off, reload the catalog then turn Violentmonkey back on and reload the page again. The second work around doesn't last all that long it seems.

Attached: Untitled.png (267x53, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mayhemydg.github.io/archives.json/archives.json
raw.githubusercontent.com/ccd0/Jow
my.mixtape.moe/uyrwjs.txt
github.com/easylist/easylist/issues/new
eff.org/privacybadger/faq#Why-doesn't-Privacy-Badger-block-all-ads
github.com/easylist/easylist/commit/70572c899f6a42a9625fd37186354efb0111d654
a.4cdn.org
github.com/meh/smart-referer/issues/110
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>AdBlock Plus

There's your problem. Use Ublock Origin.

I came here to say this

It does the same thing. Here's why: The updated EasyList for AdBlock is doing it. There's a temp workaround. Also, fuck Ublock and its shitty ass resource hogging bullshit.

nah even ublock origin is fucking up.
what the fuck is hironigger doing?

>even ublock origin is fucking up
werks just fine on my machine

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-17_19-47-50.png (599x85, 36K)

Do you even use Jow Forums-x or catalogs?

The garbled malware javascript has disappeared. He must be trying to implement new anti adblock fuckery. It'll probably be the same shit as before - site breaks for a little bit, someone finds a fix, it rolls out globally and everything proceeds as normal.

Yes to both

*doubt* Try updating EasyList.

>AdBlock Plus
fucking kill yourself zoomer

For AdBlock a temp fix is adding this to the custom filter list,

@@||boards.Jow Forums.org
@@||a.4cdn.org

Changing the url from
mayhemydg.github.io/archives.json/archives.json
to
raw.githubusercontent.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/master/src/Archive/archives.json

fixed the problem for me

Everything is updated. Just do what did.

For Ublock add,

boards.Jow Forums.org a.4cdn.org * allow

I don't have that problem though.

>AdBlock Plus
hahahahaha
seriously, what are you doing on this board? you can even read the fucking sticky!
lmao

Werks on my machine here's my uBlock config and I also have Nano Defender
my.mixtape.moe/uyrwjs.txt

The sticky has nothing to do with this, I was asking who else had the problem, not asking for help, and I'm the person posting most of the fixes and work arounds ITT.

Who still uses Adblock? Are you some tech illiterate Boomer or something?

What do you use? It better not be that shit Ublock that hogs all your device's resources.

>AdBlock Plus
Embarrassing

Attached: 1518263070796.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

So how do you fix this shit with AdBlock without disabling it?

Filter
@@||4cdn.org$xmlhttprequest,domain=Jow Forums.org

Doesn't seem to work, I keep getting "Index Refresh failed - connection error".
The only way I can seem to keep it active is by disabling adblock for Jow Forums.

Just switch to ublock jesus fuck

If some of you are 2lazy to add a filter, just open 4chanx settings and turn this off.

Attached: disabl dis.png (836x21, 3K)

are you a brainlet? ublock origin runs 100% on a raspberry pi. adblock plus literally keeps showing you ads.

Why? If everyone blocked ads on Jow Forums it would die unless Hiro&co finds new ways to monetize.
Is that the future you want?
>inb4 8ch conspiracies

Doesn't work for me. Just gives me the same message but with the other link instead.

Temp work around is to add the following to my filters in the ublock settings

@@a.4cdn.org/*

>ublock
>not specifically ublock origin
Are you retard?

>If everyone blocked ads on Jow Forums it would die unless Hiro&co finds new ways to monetize.
And I will always find ways to block those adds further because I want this shitty site to finally die.

>Not giving your shekels to Hiro

I would if they accepted the real Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, but it's like they hate infinately growing value or something

>ublock
>resource hogging
>i use adblock
you have crippling down syndrome

I think hiro is up to shenanigans again, I'm getting the same shit with ublock origin.

thanks bruh, that worked

This is happening because of a new filter rule in easylist.
>boards.Jow Forums.org a.4cdn.org * allow
just do what this guy said

github.com/easylist/easylist/issues/new

someone actually submit an issue so the monkeys in charge of it fix it

This is why you use Privacy Badger, instead of trusting error-prone human-made lists.

Attached: PrivacyBadgerLogo.png (1159x843, 30K)

>Privacy Badger
privacy badger is not a fucking adblocker, retard

eff.org/privacybadger/faq#Why-doesn't-Privacy-Badger-block-all-ads
>Privacy Badger is primarily a privacy tool, not an ad blocker. Our aim is not to block ads,

hmmm

'"privacy'" badget is a literal snake-oiled botnet.

It is like giving a chair to Adaline Cock Mc Kekmke in the Linux Kernel Repository Administration seats.

Is a prone-to-error choice.

I haven't seen an add in like 10 years and all I use is Adblock Plus. This Jow Forums-x thing is literally the first time it has had a problem with anything and that happens with ublock shit too.

>raspberry pi

oh i'm laughing

Attached: poorfag.jpg (680x602, 183K)

For ublock orgin add this to your user filters
@@||Jow Forums.org^*$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'

Is noscript captcha broken for anyone else?
I get "You mistyped he captcha" and then "No valid captcha" error on 4chanx.
I fucking hate the normal captcha so much it's unusable.

I get this error, with both archive links. any way to fix it?

Attached: error.jpg (548x57, 15K)

@@||*.github.io

what?

thank you Jow Forums

now i'm going back to /v/

lol

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1006x979, 163K)

I had that for a few hours a couple days ago with the normal phone poster horseshit captcha, but it stopped and everything was okay after a while without me doing anything.

I did that, nothing's changed. Not sure why.

I'm getting this message with Jow Forums x and ublock origin but everything seems to work.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-18_00-21-38.png (553x18, 8K)

I'm using ublock origin, but putting it in filters did nothing

Learn the syntax for the your blocker and add it.

Anti-Virus protection related software that may have installed browser-related things can also affect this. I was having all the same issues, followed all the same help but nothing was working. Then I noticed my Avira Browser Safety extension (yes I know, avira sucks) was blocking this site. Stopped that and bam.

It’s happening with UBlock Origin for me too. And others.

Looks like you forgot to put on your glasses before taking the picture.

Do you guys not know to to use content blockers? Open up the dashboard in uBlock Origin, and look at the blocked entries. You can then see that the EasyList filters are blocking xhr. The relevant update appears to be:
>github.com/easylist/easylist/commit/70572c899f6a42a9625fd37186354efb0111d654
Putting boards.Jow Forums.org a.4cdn.org xmlhttprequest allow in my rules fixes it for me.

I realized it was my smart referer rules. I didn't change my whitelist at all since it broke and I can't figure out what's wrong with it now.

Is Jow Forums-x really that good?

I've been on this shithole 10 years or so, the vanilla web interface seems good to me

This is happening even without Jow Forums-X
If you have adblock plus you can no longer refresh pages

Mother of God I'm a 15 year man on November 1st. How the hell have you put up with it this long?

My #1 reason for using it is that it has a thread watch list with an icon that turns red whenever you're replied to. The reply pops up in the corner of your screen. Also, putting cursor over reply links makes them hover in front of you, plus inline replies makes it 100x more browseable.

I've been using it for 12, I'm a masochist fuck it

I got used to it. I have to say that the quick reply box is very convenient though, I used to hate having to scroll to the top of the page to make a reply

The built-in "extension" has a thread watch list and hover replies too, it works well for me.
It also has inline but I never could get used to it, i prefer jumping around the different replies

I tried it a few years ago, but it wasn't very good back then. I have it constantly now this year though. I've been here since January 2004.

>you will never leave

>2004 was 5 years ago
man time flies

Jow Forums-JS (the native one) actually copied a bunch of features over from Jow Forums x when it was rewritten. Needless to say most of these features were either incomplete or not as good.
It doesn't hurt trying out Jow Forums x. Embedding is pretty nice.

was 5 years ago
>man time flies

Attached: jinrui_wa_suitai_shimashita.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

i literally can't update the thread with adblock on, even on chrome.

>2007 was 17 years ago
where does the time go?

I suppose it's fitting that this is one of the earliest images I have saved from this place

Attached: 1095986108546.jpg (404x443, 140K)

FUCK

ublock keeps reverting boards.Jow Forums.org after a few minutes because of a conflict.

I lost all my originals years ago from a botched raid, feels bad. Had over 30gb of primo shit. Earliest I got now I think is 2015.

Attached: 1445292210957.jpg (224x216, 13K)

good description of everything ever.

>not using appchan x

how the fuck does this not work

Attached: fuck you.png (772x402, 27K)

I always views the adds and buy as much as I can from their sponsors.

well fuck this dickshit what a waste of time that was
github.com/meh/smart-referer/issues/110

I am having this same problem using uBlock.

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 111K)

>a.4cdn.org
cheers it worked

>you can no longer refresh pages
@@*$third-party,xmlhttprequest,domain=Jow Forums.org
add that to your filters
3 nanosecond fix but it works so fuck it

I have uninstalled 4chanX and shit is still fucked. I can no longer update pages without refreshing.

Attached: 1499404611227.png (400x400, 96K)

Because it's an adblock problem, not a userscript problem.

I just updated easylist for adblock plus and it works again. Not a IT guy, this is pretty simple.

Purge and update the lists in uBlock Origin. Jow Forums X isn't the problem here.

Attached: 1371757018354.gif (400x225, 2.14M)

appchan hasnt been updated in 2 years......

good post

works like a charm.

does it need any work around? cause it was my favorite for a long time

Goddamn I thought summer was over

Is anyone else not getting youtube links automatically renamed to the video title?

yes.

lol ublock uses 4 times as many resources as adblock and crushes most CPUs older than a few years. ublock origin does better, but is still worse than adblock.

Yeah, its been that way for a few days now I think.

Can anyone export me their 4chanX settings? It's too hard and cancerous for me to set all that stuff.

I'd like it to be close as the native extention stuff, but with the worth improvements