Terry's dead

>Terry's dead
>linux gets a fucking CoC
>freebsd is trash
>OpenBSD only runs on 10 year old routers
>every single browser is spyware except for qutebrowser and otterbrowsers
>QB will use up 16 gigs of RAM with just the catalog open
>OB is still at the logo phase
>hardware is overpriced as fuck and is either muh thinnn or covered in RGB cancer
I think I'm just gonna go full kazinsky bros. Technolo/g/y is dead.

Attached: linuxexperience.jpg (1152x768, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XmMlE5QVJ08
spyware.neocities.org/articles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TL:DR open sores trash is shit

My main problem is WHY IN THE FUCK are websites such bloated fucking nightmares. What the fuck is wrong with simple text on a page and compressed images? Where the fuck did Web 1.0 design go? Why the fuck do people care more about making some flashy fag-ass website instead of something as lightweight as possible? Why should my web browser pull enough RAM that I might as well be playing a video game?

outsourcing

Proprietary sofware is just assumed to be unusable trash, which is why I don't even need it to be included in that list.
I'd literally rather use netbsd on a compaq IBM PC clone than fucking windows 10

Because muh website is fucking important, more important than the other shit you are doing on your computer. You better reserve 1 GB of RAM just for me.

It's not about you, the user, it's about me. Can't you see that muh website is fucking awesome? It has all the bells and whistles. Look how slow it loads, that means it's doing important shit. It's fucking rocket science.

Take the FreeDOS pill user.
The ultimate operating system

Computing, and technology in general, has been nothing but constant disappointments for nearly a decade now.

I don't think the Ted Pill is really viable, but I might take the Moore Pill.

Attached: moorecompaqpres.jpg (403x292, 29K)

At this point it's almost worth going all the way to the other direction and just having your site be a list of .txt files.

you probably think garbage like this looks good
kys

Attached: Cute Website.png (921x646, 163K)

its an original idea

do you even still have those?

It looks better than the current web.

looks comfyAF

fucking mouth breathers

Not an argument.

>qutebrowser
>safe

it uses a chromium backend w/o webrtc by default

Wish we could go back to that, desu. Better than the everything-must-be-an-app webdevs who think including 5MB of javascript is a good idea.

What the fuck is wrong with the world?
I just wanted to play video games and code on my open source OS.

Attached: 1494884203316.jpg (480x360, 15K)

here's your (you)

Because no one has a problem with their OS being a bloated proprietary nightmare, why should their websites be any different?

>get shitbox
>sudo apt install apache
>drop in html
>port forward
>host site/imageboard
Fix it yourself. Advertise it here if you want people like us

Who is this?

>Terry's dead
Fix his OS.

Looks like he staled

>implying it's anywhere near that easy to host a website

Alan Moore aka the edgiest most contrarian comic book writer ever (though it's almost a tie with Grant Morrison)

>OpenBSD new Linux
>Linux new Windows
>Macintosh is having vulnerabilities out the wazoo and becoming more shit than before.
>Windows is a bigger pile of shit than usual.
I should just join Terry at this point.
Should I do my own TempleOS first?

Attached: 1528376277665.png (325x898, 208K)

How can you be edgy and write comic books? Aren't they for young children?

what are your needs from the operating system? Maybe it's time to back to to analog

Open Source is fucking dead.

>write useful library at work
>get green light to release it on my personal github under BSD3
>wtf people start using it
>500 stars in 6 months
>5 regular contributors writing tests, improving documentation, making some useful feature requests
>a wild tranny appears
>complains that the project doesn't have a CoC
>decline
>get brigaded by SJW lynch mob
>all PRs filled with insults
>people email me threats

I haven't looked at my github for 3 weeks and I'm considering deleting the account and the project. I'm blocking all mails from unknown senders and tried my best to scrub all personal information from the internet.

I've been a liberal all my life, but this shit turned me into a hardcore conservative over night.

Attached: Capture.png (1546x92, 21K)

So I guess he won't make it to the newspapers, then.

proof or you're larping

Marketing, not even kidding. It's to the point where people consider site design a criteria on whether or not info you present is credible, not intrinsic factors like what you're actually saying. It's why fake news spreads so fast, because a lot of the popup outrage news sites have such slick presentation that normies think that it can't possible be fake, despite the fact they probably all use remixed forms of the same few scripts.

Case in point: I ran a hobby site, mainly to showcase my collection and to record info about various small items. I went through the effort of fact checking every little statement, even providing sources. But my site was pretty much bare HTML (think a college professor's course site) people doubted my credibility every time they saw it. It got even more dangerous when a lot of my sources started disappearing from the internet when forums and image hosts closed down or deleted files. The things that disappeared were basic facts and because of that people, particularly newcomers started substituting baseless, blatantly wrong new info in its place. That was when I decided to move to a wordpress script. Soon enough, people started quoting my site in forum posts and I saw others use the correct info again.

Basically presentation is important, unfortunately nowadays in the age of the perpetual hyperconsumer moreso than the quality of the info itself.

>doxing myself on a mongolian goat breeding board

FUCK OFF, gramps.

>implying the people here are good and desirable as users

I'm not even a hard right conservative, but what makes me sick are said lynch mobs. I think a lot of liberal ideals like liberty, equality, and humanity are great and should be expanded for everyone as much as possible. However I hate the people that preach these only to use them as a weapon against others. They're people who are only in it for personal gain and who can't practice what they preach.

That is the most blatant made up bullshit I have seen in my life

>good contrast (not washed out or blinding)
>obvious navigation
>nice, relaxing pictures
>loads fast
>doesn't track you or try to sell you something
this is better than 99% of webpages. (You) couldn't have picked a worse example.

Openbsd runs on my laptop just fine. Only 4 year old hardware.

Actually its easier
Just throw in futaba

no dont that imageboard software is trash

make your own then :^)
shii did it in two days in php even though he has never programmed before

just use floens uchan it's pretty fast

It literally is though, even easier if you pay $5/ month for an already set up VPS

yeah, without SMT, proper energy saving, broken CPU C states, shitty encryption NO FUCKING TRIM and a garbage graphical driver stack
Oh and no virtualization backend either
>just fine
fuck off. I love the "ideology" behind openBSD and I would kill for it to be my main OS, but prending that it doesn't have massive problems is retarded and will hold it back

This. Everything is all flash and no function.

It has soul

>>>/reddit/

The site i got the most critical info about a project i did earlier that year is basically web 1.0
Ok, his sources were no quotes but his own data tables

>every single browser is spyware except for qutebrowser and otterbrowsers
You forgot Falkon

Attached: falkon.png (256x256, 37K)

>OpenBSD only runs on 10 year old routers
Nope.
youtube.com/watch?v=XmMlE5QVJ08

let's play "spot the spiteful tranny"

>>every single browser is spyware except for qutebrowser and otterbrowsers
Proof?

> Frames

spyware.neocities.org/articles/

hardware is an entire problem in and of itself

>use our gpu, goy
can i have the specs to write a driver
>no, change your OS instead

>buy our new motherboard
do you have one that takes ARM
>no, it only works with the 2000 instruction monstrosities with builtin botnet

>everyone, switch to ACPI and save power
does it actually save power or is this more botnet shit?
>stop trying to kill the planet, goy!!!

>EFI is (((secure))) and boots faster
is it actually more secure?
>F-A-S-T-E-R

hardware is completely fucked, it's hardly the fault of OpenBSD. if the manufacturers were concerned with the actual hardware half as much as they are with licking NSA boots and grubbing shekels then none of the things you listed would be a problem.

>Google Analytics, and Mozilla online services are spyware now
Oh. I meant actual objective spyware, as in "these 50 lines of code are spectre exploit"

>google analytics is not spyware
epic

Not really, it's voluntary telemetry and I like to give feedback. It's the only way companies know what's what.
Plus, it's literally the first time Waterfox launches. Every time after that, I have a 50mb hosts file. I don't care if it googles CP.

>every software is trash
i think it's time to leave the internet

Can't you use a pihole to filter out all of the telemetry coming out of your computer ?

>>no virtualize backend
>what is vmm

>What the fuck is wrong with and compressed images?
What the fuck is wrong with YOU?
Though I agree with the premise

Always Online is a meme, and once you accept it, any operating system becomes a lot more tolerable. Embrace the Snakernet.

You know what I haven't seen for a long time now? Personal creation sites. Not just sites that people make with information or factual essays, but sites they make where they post their own stories, artwork, etc. rather than just using something like tumblr (absolute fucking trash, jesus christ) or fictionpress.

Steam cannot be built from an availible copy of the source code. This means that it is impossible to prove that Steam is not spyware
Logical fallacy right there. It also means you can't prove steam *is* spyware.

>I think a lot of liberal ideals like liberty, equality, and humanity are great
As recent events have shown, not everyone deserves them or csn be trusted

Always-online changes the relationship with the user and their computer. If you have a computer that is primarily a personal device (however you define that) then it will have a totally different character than one that is designed to act as a gateway to a larger network then it stops being "personal" by its very nature as countless concessions have to be made by the user in order to properly interface with this network.

you can always exec trace steam while it's running. you can also monitor anything steam is sending from your computer over the network. if it's sending data about your processes or active connections then it is by definition spyware.

So can you link me some research on Steam because I'm not finding any. I remember there was some fiasco about VAC but that went away quickly.

>t. the sjw lynch mob

Problems:
- Jews are paranoid and insane, they have to control everything
- Whites have a large share that are religious loons above all else, they replace Christianity with virtue signaling
- Most blacks are stupid and impulsive, making this knowledge taboo is a power move for control. Similar things apply to fags
- The share of people not in those categories is decreasing and they project not being a power hungry loon onto those people

>I haven't looked at my github for 3 weeks and I'm considering deleting the account and the project. I'm blocking all mails from unknown senders and tried my best to scrub all personal information from the internet.
don't back down, it's just words on a page and use their behaviour to demonize them

Come with me user, we'll abandon our former lives and live as sharecroppers in the wilderness.

Network traffic can be monitored though

With anticheats specifically they will always be botnet on order to actually be effective

Is that a problem?

You actually reminded me of a "blog" I found once that was written by a Vietnamese farmer, who would write it during the growing season, then when he went into the city would upload it all.

It was the comfiest shit ever.

Stop connecting your computer to the internet for browsing. Get a phone for that. Take it as a blessing that phones are designed so retardedly that their only use is internet, though in a better world they'd have been fullfledged mini desktops.

Anyone familiar with Win10 here?
I've been using WinXP up until about a week ago when a freak accident occurred and dumped an entire can of seltzer water straight into the keyboard of my Latituded D610 which even after disassembling and cleaning has proved unable to boot properly. Decided to finally get a modern computer what with even legacy support for WinXP by hobbiests and gamers going the way of the dodo; Specifically Steam announcing that they will no longer support WinXP. So I ordered a Lenovo 330s with Win10, but in the years, I've never once heard a single positive comment about windows 10, and plan to either learn and install Ubuntu linux or, as with my Latitude D610, keep it dsconnected from the net 99% of time if not to occassionally upload something.

Is it better to try configurefucking win10 to be usable like a normal operating system, or figuring Ubuntu?

I'm hopeful that most if not all my WinXP programs still on the latitude's hard drive will be backwards compatible with Win10 and that may be an edge to willing to stick with Win10, so does anyone know any great tricks and configurations to make Win10 usable? I found that even WinXP had required lot of msConfig registry changes to disable unwarranted consumer-grade networking options like remote access among others. Does Win10 still offer all the same hacks and togglea for unecessary networking features?

Attached: lenovo_81f500bsus_330s_i3_8130u_16gb_1tb_1401775.jpg (1000x1000, 134K)

It's way easier to take control of windows 10 these last few weeks.

For me? No. For people who want to maintain privacy and still play video games? Sure

>PussySlayer420 (123.84.101.15 - Denkmark) has joined the game
*whew*

SJWs have become the wild Christians they hate

Im kinda glad you open source cucks are starting to realise how important is the presentation.

Not gonna pretend you fucks even made them horrible just to scare the grannies from joining, but this is exactly what you get from being a bunch of elitist retards.

Your site looked unprofesional because thats what it was. I recomend you to stop bitching and just learn this reality.

You are good now, the world is shit, it always has been, but people who gets it make it better.

Might as well have just bought an old T60 or something if you're just going to use XP and never go online. Then you could have at least used Linux on another partition.

What

>SJWs have become the wild Puritans/Victorians they hate
Quakers are based.

Never happened to you? Mostly source games do this.

tranny projection. dont worry about it.

>Always Online is a meme, and once you accept it, any operating system becomes a lot more tolerable
My utopia for the web would be a web where you can basically "browse" it mostly offline, where you can basically sync a file on your computer with the central one then disconnect and get on with your day.

Are they straightforward in the OS or is this the kind of shady stuff requiring third party downloads. From all I've seen of newer WinOS past XP, they seemed to have become GUI retarded nightmarish levels of unusable garbage as if trying to emulate the nonfunctional abilities of mobileOS's which are good for nothing but internet browsing. I honestly don't even know if Win10 even still has a command prompt or msconfig at this point.

One of the awful things I've heard about win10 are the forced OS updates reducing PC performance akin to the utter subhuman garbage of unmitigated planned obsolesence on mobilephones, which is technically suppose to be illegal but i guess lawmakers don't even use technology -- and moreso, how updates have apparently broken programs as if the shit in street pajeets at retardsoft are altering the fundamental fucking baseline libraries that applications are built on. Is disabling updates easy or am I better off staying offline as I figure?

if a site takes more than 100ms to load and render with an 80mbps connection and an i7, the creator has failed.

That sounds like a solid concept for addressing the Post-Internet.

All I had to do was edit a few group policies to my liking and that was that. Windows defender was shut off for goood and deleted all the cruddy apps.
Windows Update didn't update itself at all but I recently turned it back on.

Attached: update.jpg (640x368, 35K)

sauce?

Thanks for the chat.

What do you mean?