How do you keep track of your notes on the computer?

How do you keep track of your notes on the computer?

I need something simple that I can type notes and paste images into, but not be locked into closed source or paywalled stuff like everynote

Attached: 1320991845863.jpg (300x234, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zim-wiki.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

org-mode

Usually emacs org mode.

How about on a normal PC?

See

Emacs + org-mode

I use \includegraphics{} to insert images. I know there are more sophisticated and complex ways of doing it, but I am still a newbie.

I keep track with org-mode in emacs. My college notes are exported to a nice LaTeX document.

Since it's plain-text everything is in a universal format I don't depend on any OS or proprietary ecosystem.

Use:

#+CAPTION: The image caption.
#+NAME: fig:an-image
[[./file/path.png]]

Then just C-c C-x C-v to toggle images. This way exports well to both latex and non-latex formats and is pure org. fig:an-image becomes an inline reference you can use with \ref{an-image}.

markdown.md

Thanks, user.

Attached: 33.jpg (800x1144, 372K)

I don't feel like learning a whole programming language just to write a few notes.

Then just use a plain text file or ODT format in MS Word and LibreOffice?

Maybe this is more your kind of thing, OP.

zim-wiki.org/

Jesus, these answers are complicated.
OP, you just want to write notes down, right? Use LibreOffice. It works on every OS and meets your demands, and it’s free both in terms of gratis and libre. And it has even more neat features, like being able to encrypt and/or put password locks on documents in case you need to hide them.

Plain text files. Edit them using Vim.

Fucking hell, use Google Keep.

>inb4 BOTNET JEWGLE MUH DATA REE
Light phone app and chrome extension, simple features, snappy functional interface, and it syncs between all your devices seamlessly. Swallow your stupid pride and just use that, you sperglords

Standard Notes

At work i use OneNote

Also
Keep is unironically GOAT

TempleOS can store images (and even 3D meshes) directly into documents. You can put macros in there: hyperlink commands that run when you click on them. So if you want to build a menu or launcher, you just make a new text document and put links in it.

I love org-mode. It's part of what got me to switch to Spacemacs.

Oh look, the proprietary shitters just arrived.

Attached: 1535850040100.png (1000x900, 36K)

I switch from Keep to Standard Notes because its open source and private. The features in Keep are unmatched though.

I use OneNote at work cause we use Office 365 and theres no privacy in the workplace.

I just use Mousepad

notes app on macos is pretty great and syncs with my phone sans effort. However, apple ecosystem is toxic as fuck. If i were looking, i'd look for clones of that for sure.

You just violated a clause of the code of conduct

Evernote

literally this

is there an alternative to Keep that is not Google powered?

notezilla

note(){ vim ~/Dropbox/notes/$(date +%y%m%d).txt; }
works for me

I hear turtl is kind of like it, but the UI looked gross to me

Standard notes is great but its pretty bare bones

Yea this I use evernote. orgmode sounds kind of neat but isn't synced with all devices as far as i know

This so fucking much.

My notes are kept with org-mode.
My websites are built with org-mode.
My lessons are written with org-mode.
My books are written with org-mode.
My agenda and my todos are written with org-mode.

I use org-mode for basically everything I can use it for, and it’s literally god-tiers.

But can it write a CoC?

Yes, but nobody who uses org-mode is of the mindset to waste their time with such bullshit when they could be actually productive and fix bugs and shit.

Matrix/Riot.im
technically, it's an instant messenger like discord, but it actually works pretty nicely for taking notes, just create an encrypted room with yourself as the sole member and then you can post messages, photos, videos, links and have it all automatically "synced" to your smartphone and other devices
it lets you pin important messages and delete these not needed anymore
the only feature it lacks is editing already sent messages

I use latex.

You can do the same with email. The draft folder is part of the imap specification, you can edit drafts from any client or webmail and have them synced automatically, eventually sending to yourself for archiving. I used outlook as a ghetto evernote on locked corporate computers since before evernote existed.