I need a laptop . it's for multimedia purposes. some of the requirements are:

i need a laptop . it's for multimedia purposes. some of the requirements are:
>gtx 1060(or more)
>16GB RAM
>i7/8 core processor.
price around a 1000$
need suggestions

Attached: IMG_20180917_182533.png (714x485, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1537218952&sr=1-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Acer Predator Helios 300 is the best thing you can find in that pricerange, and has the specs you specified

Edgy red/black gamer design is cringey but if you can get over that it's a solid purchase

anything a little cheaper than that?

Honestly with these requirements you are only going to find gamer laptops and they are all overpriced
I would recommend building a desktop with your specs and then buy a cheap laptop on the side
Or you get lucky and the exact laptop you want is on sale then good for you

>multimedia
Macbook Pro
you cannot be an artist w/o Mac

describe multimedia

are you producing anything, or just watching?

The next step down would be a Dell G3 or Acer Nitro 5.

The specs are a small step down, but still strong enough to run pretty much any game on the market right now at 60 fps which is just fine. You only really need a hyperthreaded i7 CPU for heavy multitasking, which is not what you'd be doing on a laptop anyways.

For gaming purposes, these two laptops are the best value available.

i need it for university. can't carry a pc

this isn't funny, normies will believe you when you say shit like this

Attached: 1472515334109.jpg (640x476, 78K)

I'm studying the course briefly.

not a big fan of Apple products bud. hard pass on that one

Do you need your requirement for entertainment or for your uni?
If it's just to play games then build a desktop and buy a used ThinkPad
If you need it for work then you're out of luck because there's no laptop like that in your price range

actually need something more than gaming. isn't there like something between acer nitro 5 and predator?

how higher would i need to go? it's for work

unless your major is graphic design or computer graphic, or some memes like those, you are not gonna need a dGPU. if you were, you're better off with a pc anyway. however, judging from your post, you are using it to play games. stop play computer games and go focus on studying, you faggot.

Attached: Varg.png (762x464, 725K)

I'm studying the shit. it's not for playing computer Fucking games. a gaming laptop also fits the requirements I'll need for it. so unless you have a suggestion stfu

I would still recommend the nitro 5 or G3. I put emphasis on gaming performance because that's usually what people want around here, but those specs would work well for productivity too, even light to moderate video editing.

I'm sure there are some options between the 800-1000$ pricepoint but the reason I'm recommending these laptops is because they're well-reviewed and known to have reliable build quality, which imo is the most important aspect of a laptop purchase. You don't want to end up buying the cheapest model of laptop you can find with the specs you want and have it overheat and have broken components 18 months down the line.

idk about nitro 5 but I've heard like a millions o complaints from people who own g3. I'm gonna check out the other one. also how's Lenovo y520 if you have any idea about it

user what EXACTLY do you need it fo? Multimedia purposes tells us nothing as to why you need that amount of power for with such a small budget. Also why do you need a laptop Why not buy a desktop & do your work at home but carry a cheap laptop for lectures/seminars like any normal person would do?

Attached: 1536170913257.png (600x600, 304K)

graphics designing, 3d rendering, vfx, video editing almost everything that falls in the whole "multimedia" category. it's my major. it's gonna be easier to do shit in class and all and with teachers around for problems. I'd prefer laptop over pc for almost everything except gaming. so the normal thing where i'm from is to get a laptop and also it's a compulsion to get a laptop with those specs

>multimedia
>gtx 1060(or more)
>16GB RAM
>i7/8 core processor.

>gtx 1060
>price around a 1000$
nice one

No computers in the labs?

Also, I found this for just under your budget. Only problem is that its refurbished unless you want to pay $50 extra.

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1537218952&sr=1-1

Attached: 1536323943031.jpg (720x1011, 177K)

computers in the labs are shit.
>amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1537218952&sr=1-1
i have decided this but I'm considering other options too