Out of the Loop

Can someone fill me in on what happened, about CoC and how it's affects Linux?

Attached: torvalds.jpg (520x345, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f
contributor-covenant.org/
twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1029161113848557569
twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1041441155874009093
twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1041465346656530432
postmeritocracy.org/
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HAVE YOU EVEN WRITTEN A CODE OF CONDUCT???

No idea user
Want to know as well

we're in the same boat user

COCs are a trojan horse

virgin nerds are mad they cant say "faggot" in their contributions to the kernel (ps anyone whos mad about this coc thing will never contribute shit to the kernel anyway)

anyone who had a part in writing the cock will never contribute anything to the kernel

A code of conduct is implemented into the Linux kernel. Shortly after, Linus puts up an apology for toxic behavior on his part and announces that he will be leaving the kernel project for an undetermined amount of time to work on his behavior. Linus is the glue holding the Linux kernel together and without him, things may go south quite quickly.

was i lucky enough the witness the rise and inevitable fall to obscurity of the free software movement?

I dont give the whole thing a year without Linus

Attached: 1502523837660.gif (200x200, 91K)

Yeah Stallman has to fix that shit or it's over.

>Linus is the glue holding the Linux kernel together and without him, things may go south quite quickly.

There's a bunch of giant corporations which depend on the kernel and actively contribute to it. This ain't some garage project anymore where the loss of one guy means the project is dead.

I for one welcome the upcoming Microsoft/Linux OS

>In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as
contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and
our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body
size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and
expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality,
personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.

It is time to shitpost my friends.
github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f

Attached: 1536525807549.png (817x656, 127K)

Stallman had countless opportunities to influence the GNOME project and look where it is with version 3... its a heap of steaming shit. an abortion

Fuchsia or *BSD will take over in the matter of years if this doesnt change asap

Why do sjws behave so much like religious people?

It's all ogre.

Linux has no competitor. Great job putting your eggs in one basket........... The kernel will be riddled with SJW xhe/xisisms

Exactly the types of people who will destroy the kernel with their own corporate "vision".

funny how this wouldnt have happened if Linus actually had acted more professional

so basically, someone didn't like that Linus said a bad word so they cucked him?

in short, if you're not politically correct SJW, you're not allowed to contribute linux, you must respect the fags and many other transxxx shits.
before it was just gays, now there are tens of different types of fags that i cannot keep up.

I'll just copypaste this from the other thread.

>contributor-covenant.org/

>It is a code of conduct written by a mentally ill (even more than usually) tranny, who's goal is to address the "lack of diversity" in open source projects.

>twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1029161113848557569
>twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1041441155874009093
>twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1041465346656530432
>postmeritocracy.org/

Attached: 1511730840493.jpg (956x956, 113K)

Imagine thinking that Google, MS, and Amazon will put the interests of the community over their own business goals. Giving those groups the dominating influence over Linux is doomsday bad, like NSA backdoor type shit

Linus has been saying for years that they have been trying to frame him. He doesnt go into elevators with women and avoid as much as possible any situation that could lead to a false rape accusation. There is even reports of radical feminist groups trying to do this to pull him out of the ipen source comunity, guess (((why))).
They probably could fabricate something at the end and they are blackmailing him.
Make no mistake, CoC and him leaving in a few hours frame are signs of an organized campaign to change the linux project.

Linus got CIA niggered

So basically correct me if i’m wrong:

>mentally stable people have developed linux
>everyone has made contribution from across the world
>every sane person has put their efforts into a single project
>they basically prepared a free and powerful kernel for corporates to use
>and the very same corporates have overthrown the management of that single kernel project through enforcement of the current political climate
>now mentally unstable people have infiltrated and they can be paid/told to do anything to the kernel

Because it's just an evolution of American protestantism. It's sheltered white girls from middle America who grew up with a parochial mindset who then go on to college and replace the tenets with 'social justice' and cookie cutter progressivism while still maintaining the same parochial mindset.

I'm from the south. I've seen it happen in real time.

Linus has always been very strict with what does and doesn't go into the kernel. Companies and kernel developers submit drivers and patches but even then, Linus still had to give approval before merging. If Linus didn't approve of the change for one reason or another, that patch would not get merged, no question about it. With Linus gone, stability of the kernel is at risk. Even if Linus comes back after a few months, he will need to review countless numbers of merged patches and clean up the shit that gets sprayed all over his kernel.

Yay I can't wait for Linux to become another broken BSOD mess with .dll hell like Windows. yay

haha look at him go! Does he ever rest?

Distros can always patch or fork the kernel if they introduce a backdoor or any sort of bullshit to it

he withstood more than i expected. respect great man :(

Attached: linus.jpg (337x400, 17K)

>Don't worry guys, the communist Jew will fix Linux
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA

Basically, yes.
(((Their))) use of women, minorities and (other) mentally chalenged people is by far their most effective weapon

It's like watching your best friend die from cancer.

It's time fork Linux-libre, which has no proprietary-components, with a fork that filters out SJW-shite and other filth that will poison Linux.

Attached: linux-libre.png (626x612, 74K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>SJWs start making changes to kernels
>Jow Forums triggered by pronouns and whatever
>quality of kernel "depreciates"
>blah blah blah butthurt

So, just archive old ISOs?

What if the distros are also tainted with CoC and related cancers? The idea sounds great but I don't want to have to go distro hunting again

Attached: rapp.png (1205x1643, 761K)

>now there are tens of different types of fags that i cannot keep up.
kek'd

I'm referring specifically to the Linux kernel, not the GNU/Linux system you sperg.

he indeed looks restless user....

should we be concerned?

Attached: 1529079025257.gif (478x304, 3.89M)

Attached: pwned.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Holy fuck reading through that image made my brain shutdown for a few seconds. Too early in the morning for that shit, user.

Oh no no no no no no no how this happened???

Attached: paskaksi juttelu.jpg (399x271, 16K)

>all owners of corporations that use Linux are jewish
user, no

Using mentally sick people to further your interests under the banner or "progresion" is a genuine jew tactic. We have seen them using it again and again these last years, there is no arguing about this fact.

>"jew tactic"
>anecdotes
Kill yourself.

Attached: 1526078534530.gif (500x493, 631K)

I don't think that was what he was implying

They've been using it ever since Sigmund Frued, at the very least.
Also
faggot

No. He was doing worse. To him, when a jewish person does something bad, it's the jews' fault, and when a non-jewish person does something bad, it's the jews's fault.

>More anecdotes
Nigga just do it already.

What did Torvalds say that was so bad?

>about CoC and how it's affects Linux?
Linus realised that telling people to fuck off might not be a great leadership style. He's stepping away for a bit and Linux kernel dev is getting a CoC. All the snowflakes from Jow Forums are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing because a CoC infringes on their inalienable rights. Smart folks know that systemd has already killed Linux as an OS.

>systemd has already killed Linux
You've heard it here first, systemd is the only init system!

>Linux as an OS
I'd just like to interject

>Linus realised that telling people to fuck off might not be a great leadership style.
he tells the people under him to fuck off, and only when they directly betray his trust by pushing stupid, elementary mistakes to him.
his rant about breaking userspace happened right after one of his maintainers argued that pulseaudio should fix a problem that was introduced by a kernel change. he made it clear that he was disappointed, not angry, and walked his comments back after the maintainer apologized.

B-but user, it is really the fault of jews..
You can speak "corporation"wise if you want but... google, microsoft, intel, etc are managed by jews. Jews also make the big majority of things like feminist associations and open border/minority empowering stuff.
You can close your eyes if you wish, the reality will still be there

He said that acting like an asshole is a bad idea, basically.

Go fuck off.

I came here to see how assblasted the Jow Forumsfriends of Jow Forums are. Not disappointed.

Attached: boysdateboysandgirlsdategirls.jpg (1920x1080, 575K)

Aaand the shills got here.

Really, how much they pay you? It is really worthy to sell your soul like that?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, they/them/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, they/them plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning they/them system made useful by the they/them corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the they/them system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of they/them which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the they/them system, developed by the they/them Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the they/them operating system: the whole system is basically they/them with Linux added, or they/them/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of they/them/Linux.

Kek

source for this?

>some high managers are jews
>some sjws are jews
>therefore its literally every jewish person that's motivating this
>nevermind all the white people who are also motivating this. They are obviously being manipulated by the jews!

Here's the same thing, but with feminists:
>Some high managers are men
>some sexists are men
>therefore literally all men are motivating sexism and maintaining patriarchy
>nevermind all the women who also perpetuate sexism and patriarchal ideology. They are obviously being manipulated by men!

It's bullshit. Get your shit together, or off yourself.

Managerial liberalism explicitly made the ideology of Linux, maintainers required to purge based on a (liberal identitarian) list of offenses, TAB the only source of appeal, democratic self-management now forbidden. tl;dr the biggest "free" software project is now gonna be run in a profoundly unfree manner.

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907

How much will this affect Arch?

I don't get how everyone is screeching in despair and rage but I haven't seen even 1 idea or proposal on how to "deal" with this CoC parody. There is either no way to deal with it, or it's simply just something people are hyped about only screaming at for now.
I really don't give a fuck about reading it I just hate it because I am fuckin pissed of everything being politicized and censored because of some retard trying to excuse all his incapabilities with "its cuz im being offended nd shiet"

someone send the "SJWs Always Lie" book to Linus fast

The CoC is only the boot of the issue. Linus leaving for an undisclosed amount of time is what's really worrying to those who aren't just Jow Forums

"Someone told Eric Raymond" is pretty different from "Linus has been saying for years".

Guys, will Linus be ok after he "comes back"?

Attached: 1516681145966.png (662x2001, 371K)

>implying he's coming back

Nothingburger

The jewish people are ironically white people who are unironically Semites who are ironically atheists that unironically hate Christianity.

Yep, Linux is finished. And 2 weeks ago I was hoping for it to become more mainstream.

the fact that he was controlling every contribution with an iron fist caused him to kicked out, he will not be able to return even if he wanted.

Why did this have to happen. I just want to live in a world where the technology itself is what matters.

Attached: 1532855527002.png (479x558, 220K)

I mean it was funny to see seasoned pajeets contributors who should know better chewed out but I totally see how new contributors might be put off by it
I feel like people have so little happening in their lives that they have to see sjw-bogeymen in everything that happens

it is not like some fresh out of uni student with a latte in one hand and a bachelors in africa studies in the other is going to suddenly step in as chair of the linux foundation deciding on every aspect of it (even if that is what Jow Forums seems to think is happening)

Attached: 1534116395534.png (276x276, 50K)

That hasn't been true for a long time, user.

Linus is not eternal and it is not a bad think for us to see how it will go at least for now. He stated that he does not plan on leaving forever. I have always wondered what is the plan after he decides to retire.

Pretty much. The code changed from "don't be an asshole" to "don't be an asshole; for the socially challenged, here are examples of being an asshole - don't do that".

0.5 Soros Shekels(TM) have been deposited into your account. Just 495.5 more and you can trade them in for a free T-shirt (shipping not included)!

>Guys, will Linus be ok after he "comes back"?
He won't come back. He will start his next project.

Big Black CoC

Attached: big black rooster.jpg (960x914, 146K)

Linus has pretty recently tried to duck out of a maintainer conference and got foiled by them rescheduling the whole thing; I imagine he just jumped at an occasion to get some holidays.

Fork it, obviously. The question is whether to fork it now, or if to register your objections now and fork it once the inevitable abuses start rolling in.

I doubt this could be put any better.

The guidelines aren't nearly that clearly written, user, and the enforcement mechanism is a bigger problem than the actual guidelines.

tldr: The sjws have too much influence in linux and now they're going to firefox your OS.

This.
Its was a good run linus. Just look out for yourself and retire with your honor intact while you still have the chance. Dont worry about us, we'll just stay on 4.14 forever and get some help with security patches from other experienced contributors. You really deserve some peace and quiet. Thank you for your service.
F

>Someone taking a vacation is worrying despite that he's been saying for years how he is replaceable
You know nothing about the kernel dev process

>tfw M$ probably payed these people to "take an interest" in GNUL because Proton was making too much noise

>I imagine he just jumped at an occasion to get some holidays.
He won't come back.
Linux is dead, it will splinter into various forks and the project under the trademark "Linux" will become irrelevant.

>Vacation
You mean "temporally" kicked out of the kernel project for hurting people's feelings.
>Linus is replaceable
While Linus has been saying this himself, we all know that is not true. There is no suitable replacement for Linus at this time.

>I feel like people have so little happening in their lives that they have to see sjw-bogeymen in everything that happens
So very much this.

At least we get to enjoy their collective meltdown.

>yfw we continue to patch this for decades
>4.14.5123 is now released!

He is GONE and he WON'T COME BACK.