Why is Linux any better than pic-related now?

There is now no excuse for not running this. I'm not giving Apple any shekels but i'm builidng a hackintosh for my next pc.

Attached: macos.jpg (610x308, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MkFUgbjswlM
everymac.com/
everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-core-2.8-mid-2010-nehalem-specs.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why is Linux any better than pic-related now?
You'll understand when an update fucks up your hacked together mac clone.

You're a retarded shill

Attached: thread.png (239x21, 5K)

Linux has a COC. MacOS is for the type of person who wants that COC.

I want COC, but I don't like MacOS. What does that say?

youre homo

I miss macOS

I should have just kept my macbook and run fucking bootcamp instead of selling it and building a $3000 desktop
>RAM only works in B channel
>$1200 water cooled GPU has shit itself
>new motherboard RAM didnt work, on 3rd motherboard under 12 months
>any issues in windows youre expected to wipe it completely

I reinstalled windows more times in 1 month than I ever had to restart macOS over 20 years (dad is in music industry)

>>>Why is Linux any better than pic-related now?
>You'll understand when an update fucks up your hacked together mac clone.
as opposed to a *flavor or nix* update fucks up your pc.

Shoudn't have gone full gamer-tard.

Enjoy your mangled mess of a COC fags. macOS are probably fucking losers but we don't give a shit. We get all the programs we need.

please go back to crapintosh .. you have no idea what you are doing with hardware. every pc i've built for gaming has never had this much shit go wrong .. EVER.

k

>There is now no excuse for not running this. I'm not giving Apple any shekels but i'm builidng a hackintosh for my next pc.
Installed the GM yesterday. Really great.

>dark mode
better have day-night custom transitions

>time shifting desktops
better be customisable for any image you choose

>stacks
no more thrice overlapping files on my desktop (mostly screenshots thanks to cmd+shift+4)

>rotate an image from finder
better not be metadata-based and still fuck up when posted here

>new screenshot method
why

>stocks
>home
>voice memos
WHY

>better safari somehow
probably not so much so that I'll switch back again

>os adds Australian English
I'm literally using that right now what the fuck

Attached: strine.png (242x154, 19K)

Now they are the same.

>day-night custom transitions
>be in a dark room
>open laptop
>get fucking blinded because it's noon
great idea

The screen still has auto-brightness, so it's not like it would be worse than the current version is, I just want it to match with the theme transitions on my browser.

Attached: ao isn't bad.png (1612x452, 61K)

Safari is the best mobile browser, bar none man. Chrome sucks battery like Hollywood whores suck Weinstein's cock, and Firefox is no better.

I'm running a hackintosh for the past year. Works great, updates haven't screwed anything and didn't have to meddle with anything ever since I set it up.

>mobile
Well yeah, for iOS at least since they're all based on the same software anyhow and Safari supports handoff and bookmark syncing to Safari on a desktop, but this is a macOS thread, not an iOS thread.

But if any of the alternative (good) browsers have both a mobile and desktop version and support bookmark syncing then I might switch from Vivaldi. Vivaldi is only really that much better when it comes to plugins.

you can also pick up a 2012 mac pro tower.. no shekels to apple and most customisable machine apple made ever.. (note pick up a 5.1 or 4.1 firmware upgraded to 5.1

I didn't think they were that easy to get hold of.

give me a quick rundown on older mac towers

>I didn't think they were that easy to get hold of.
craiglsit
ebay
even normiebook

ebay you are going to have to spend some time fishing.

lower cost option: get a 3.1 mac pro tower. they are modifying the installer so it will install on these. however you won't get metal option. i've got a 3.1 i picked up cheap and it runs like a champ.

they can be upgraded to have 2 processors 12 cores total sure they won't outperform most stuff on normal pc but if it's multithreaded you would be surprised how close these machines when fully upgraded come..

they make decent rendering boxes and music editing.

youtube.com/watch?v=MkFUgbjswlM

just one of many examples.

Well I meant more price-wise. What do they go for these days, surely more expensive than a standard case. Many parts in there that you keep?

3.1 can't be firmware upgraded but as i mentioned in you can still use dosdude's script to modify the installer so it will work on these.

not bad. you could even drop a 2080ti in this thing. you'll need to get power from the main board's ports (amazon has them for sale) or power from 2 of the 4 sata drive slots. (i did this for a while.)

yes you could even sli the damn things but you'll give up 2 drive slots AND pull power from the board.

the psu is a 950w so no worries about power drain.

other option is to run 4 hdd. you have 3 or 4 slots inside. put a nice pcie ssd card in there.

all above options are avliable in the 4.1 and 5.1 but don't need to modify the installer. just firmware update the 4.1 into a 5.1 (hardware change is negligeble at best.

3.1 - price wise would be arround 150-300 (200-250 average)

4.1 and 5.1s can go from 300-2,000 (yes stupid prices people will pay on ebay. you'll have better luck with craigslist in a short term look but you can spend some time on ebay do it.

everymac.com/

look up the mac there. punch in the model and you'll know what it has (or came with by default)

see earlier mac towers are Power Mac g5's .. .. with power PC processors. avoid these if you're looking for a daily driver. you can get a fork of debian i think. i picked one up for like 20 bucks at a pawnshop .. but it was broken (sata port on hdd was busted. i swapped out the drive and got it running. but again. pain in the ass to get debian on it. average price on these is about 100-200

i'm lookig for a 5.1 or a 4.1 like this one: everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-core-2.8-mid-2010-nehalem-specs.html

I'd rather get the 5.1 and not have to flash the firmware. drop in maybe a 970 gtx and it would be a decent daily beater with a memory upgrade. and would be good for video editing/music editing.

Probably a stupid question, but whatever.

>GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
>i5-6600
>AMD Radeon R9 390

I heard that Gigabyte/AMD GPUs are the easiest for hackintosh builds.

Is it possibly to convert my HTPC/gaming rig to dual boot hackintosh? Does it have to be one of my internal SSDs or can I boot from an external one using USB 3.0? How difficult will it be to do it?

My '08 Mac Pro is dying I think (power supply) and I REALLY don't want to end up buying a Mac Mini Pro (if they do indeed release it). But if I don't figure out hackintosh before then, probably what I'll end up doing. Yes, I fucking hate Apple...but I fucking love OSX for work-related computing.

my hackingtosh dualboot machine is an: (see speccy)

you are pretty close on the setup. Amd gpus can be a pain in the ass to get working. nvidia is pretty much load the web drivers off nvidia's site.

Attached: new pc speccy.jpg (728x571, 109K)

ebay for the psu .. they are up there. look for for parts only. 2008 machines, you might get lucky and they are usually mega cheap

If they still make G4s or G5s (automotive purposes?) they could be used for raspi sorts of things, since I remember them being pretty low on power usage. Be nice to make a small PCB for one. My dad had a powerbook G4 and that thing was a surprisingly good machine. Charger port or charger or battery broke, otherwise I think it's perfectly fine.

But I guess if you were replacing the CPU you couldn't keep much other than the drive bays, PSU, maybe the ports if you don't want USB 3.0.

Attached: 1508452608146.png (500x375, 308K)

Attached: 1509827691882.png (188x150, 49K)

Attached: 1506470523589.png (1024x768, 971K)

Attached: 1522122637694.png (640x440, 384K)

Why does every fucking remotely apple-related thread turn into this scat shit? I'm moving to .

what a fucking faggot

what is this bullshit? just get redshift jfc

every apple thread starts with scat

Ah, so I heard wrong. I think I remember a YTuber claiming they were more compatible because Apple uses only AMD GPUs (my first two for the Mac Pro both were...before they finally allowed any GPU to work) for it's official cards.

Still, as long as someone on YT can walk me through it, I should be good.

Thanks for the info. But I really want to get rid of this giant aluminum tower if I can. I'm downsizing in a series way and if I can run OSX on just one machine, that would help a LOT. Though, it still works insanely well (especially since installing the pci card that holds the SSD that I boot from. It was cheap and easy to set to boot from. I'm really going to miss this machine.

Attached: 1527260824632.png (726x969, 974K)

Attached: 1506359032426.png (1036x777, 951K)

>enjoy your devs faggotry loonix users
>our devs are fags too but thats irrelevant
The absolute state of macfags

Linux is free and open source, and it doesnt come locked down on overpriced hardware

>Why is Linux any better than pic-related now?
well for starters it can read NTFS and many other formats out of the box, no bs, no money down. Also it has a better software catalog and 99% of it is free.
MacOS is just a very limited Linux that can run Adobe shit natively. Only idiots use it. If you're into its aesthetics get elementaryOS, it's unironically a more powerful OS.

Os9 rapes any Linux kernel though

>Thanks for the info. But I really want to get rid of this giant aluminum tower if I can.

i'm thinking of taking my g5 and gutting it to make a hackingtosh build in it. (there are 3rd parties that sell adapters so you can put in modern motherboards and give you a replacement so the i/o ports in the back line up (the front ones will work with modern boards.

a 08 can get you a nice 200 bucks on ebay if you sell it before the psu goes out. a bit less w/o upgrades.

>Os9 rapes any Linux kernel though
but you can't do jack shit as a daily driver with an os9 machine. web browsing is near impossible since most features browsers use aren't programmed for those systems.

still ok for editing movies/music but that is about it.

>You'll understand when an update fucks up your hacked together mac clone.
only if you are too brainlet to follow update instructions.

I've been on hackintosh since 2013, did every update over 3 different builds. updates aren't plug and play but once you do it it works perfectly.

This user speaks the truth. MacOS 9 boots and runs faster and smoother on a clapped out iBook G3 than MacOS High Sierra on the latest MacBook Pro housefire edition.

you can pick up g5 for like 100 bucks .. same with a g4 . (i have a g3/g4/g5 i'm thinking of flipping. the g5 i might core out and make a hackintosh out of it.

If you don't know how to do shit, don't get a watercooled build

i still need to fix the damn sound on my hackintosh. last update killed it but i've been doing so much in windows that i haven't gone back and fixed it.

You're not wrong, newer AMD cards work out of the box, Nvidia drivers for macos are bad, your card is older so you'll need to place kext inside efi, look up hackintosh vanilla install

What is COC?

License still doesn't include a "no privacy, fuck you we can do whatever" policy.

The CoC is only a gay moderation policy for the main kernel's contributors, It does not affect users at this point.
And Linux is still largely better in the parts where it's different from OSX.

Code of Conduct. In this context, the one that was just changed into that applies to contributing to the Linux kernel itself.