Why is Jow Forums abandoning linux? well to all the bullies who made fun of me for using windows 10...

why is Jow Forums abandoning linux? well to all the bullies who made fun of me for using windows 10. you're still welcome to join us.

Attached: 15801928488.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1664519
reddit.com/r/BSD/comments/822yzv/freebsd_is_mass_banning_coc_critics_and_opening/
contributor-covenant.org/adopters
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f
opensource.google.com/docs/releasing/template/CODE_OF_CONDUCT/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are you talking about Joe? I always been using Windows 10.

I LOVE Windows 10!

Because 9front is the future

>Why don't you want to use an operating system that makes profits from your usage and selling it to Pajeet and Rajesh?
>Why don't you want to use an operating system that shoves it's massive "It's time to update, goy." cock down your throat?
>Why don't you want to use an operating system that gives you 0 customization?
yeah no. i'm good, thanks.

Linux is like a bad MySpace page

No one is really abandoning Linux. It's just Jow Forums LARPing for attention

Literal gay autists are scared of a fucking operating system "hurr durr botnet! shills!, backdoors!" they sperg out but none of that shit is relevant and anything connected to the internet is privacy compromising

>Why don't you want to use an operating system that makes profits from your usage and selling it to Pajeet and Rajesh?
You can disable telemetry
>Why don't you want to use an operating system that shoves it's massive "It's time to update, goy." cock down your throat?
You can disable these messages/updates, and get as many days uptime as you like.
>Why don't you want to use an operating system that gives you 0 customization?
You use different guides and software to customize it.

Attached: wintrycake.png (1920x1080, 590K)

>It's just Jow Forums LARPing for attention
color me shocked

Attached: kaiser.webm (640x272, 938K)

>You can disable telemetry
Ubuntu has the same, except when you disable it--it disables all telemetry from the simple GUI.
>You can disable these messages/updates, and get as many days uptime as you like.
What a terrible idea.

/thread

Literally none of these things are true.
I work with windows in a professional environment and the updates since Win10 have been a complete and total nightmare.
Everything constantly gets reenabled after updates and they frequently change or remove methods for disabling telemetry and forced updates.

>I trust closed source software to disable telemetry because they told me they would do it

>set adobe reader as default for .pdf
>update sets it to edge
>update sets it to edge
>update sets it to edge
>update sets it to edge
>update sets it to edge
ad infinitum

Sounds like they should hire someone that knows what they're doing.

No way I'm abandoning Linux.
FYI, if I ever do I'll use freebsd. Whereupon I'll consider other BSDs.

I'd rather stop using computers before putting up with the sack of shit that's w**dows

t. NEET

people keep saying this but I have never experienced it ever

Not him, I had similar experiences. I have no reason to trust a windows shill. GTFO.

I'm on a Wangblows gettup right now atm and I gotta say it really
>whips the llama's ass
I'll switch to Linux once I get another SSD

works on my machine
do you not own the computer you're using or something?

>works on my machine
Doesn't work on mine. Windows is a hit or miss.

>do you not own the computer you're using or something?
Installing windows means that the computer is no longer mine. It's Microsoft's service desk.

>will gladly compile the Linux kernel from source
>taking 30 seconds to configure Windows update is an unacceptable inconvenience

>the computer is no longer mine. It's Microsoft's service desk.

I don't even use these (((apps))) wtf lol

Attached: Capture.png (648x659, 36K)

source?

Attached: 1336598474294.png (2064x2500, 562K)

underrated post, not gathering enough /thread's
/thread

a paint app uses more network than the other apps that would actually benefit from network connectivitiy (weather/store/mail) combined
fucken hell is there no respite from this madness?

Attached: 1535909739977.jpg (455x569, 179K)

not him but its the principle
the first is done to enable a positive
the second is done to disable a negative

Attached: 1535679850500.jpg (1000x1074, 101K)

prove it doesn't faggot

>do you want to compile the kernel
>here you go bitch enjoy your forced updates :^)

>will gladly eat a pizza
>hate when people hold me down and shove pizza down my throat
wow u hypocrit

>Muh boogey man
I'm genuinely installing OpenBSD as we speak.

Joe, I thought you used Windows 8

See you next week

Abandoning Linux over this shit is stupid. Linux as a kernel is pretty bad already, and there's no tmuch they could do to make the code quality worse. It's hardware support is through the goddamn roof these days, and even if development slows down, it'll still be good as long as distros like Slackware exist.
t. Been running OpenBSD way before you nerds jumped on this bandwagon.

Attached: 2018-09-16-050551_1280x800_scrot.png (1280x800, 395K)

>will gladly eat a check
>love when people hold me down and shove cock down my throat

source to what user

wrong joe i've never used windows 8

/thread

>everyone who disagrees with tranny's injecting hard left politics into fucking everything is Jow Forums

neck yourself

I feel like Jow Forums is the cancer of every other board.

Delete desktop shortcuts ffs

Unironically using windows 10 now, already have loonex binaries downloaded and tiling windows set up, no need to keep a second partition

>another Microsoft shill thread

Jow Forums isn't abandoning linux Jow Forums is being raided by /v/ fags like yourself

Oh? Because pic related is FAR TOO LEFT for your comfort? What kind of a deluded retard with no attachment from reality do you have to be to think this way?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-18 14-12-53.png (1556x1300, 143K)

Jow Forums will fork the kernel (badly) if it has to.

Did you know that you already violated this part?

Attached: firefox_2018-09-17_23-15-31.png (805x66, 7K)

We all know that's not how those CoCs are enforced. Rainbow haired lefties get a pass and do all of that while anyone with a penis and a low melanin content gets the boot.

i want to nakadashi ruri

Jow Forums is pretty unaffected since its too gay for Jow Forums

The majority of us are going into openbsd

>Did you know that you already violated this part?
I did not violate Jow Forums's CoC, where I made the previous post. Fucking idiot.

If it's abused then make a discussion about it. I don't really see it being abused happen in a project as major as this.

Kinda hard to make a discussion about abuse of a CoC when that same CoC abuse is used to shut down said discussion.

Which part of the CoC in question prevents revising the Codes?

Here you go, user

danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1664519

You are either naive or arguing in bad faith here.

Apologies for the Reddit link but it illustrates the issue perfectly.

reddit.com/r/BSD/comments/822yzv/freebsd_is_mass_banning_coc_critics_and_opening/

The tranny who came up with that garbage, was fired from fucking github, for being an obnoxious, leftist nutcase. Not to mention the verbiage is ambiuous as fuck, leaving it ripe for (inevitable) abuse. This CoC was implemented by a mentally ill animal, who explicitly intends to use it for purging anyone who opposes faggoty.

Um I love Windows.

Attached: Screenshot (19).png (1920x1080, 323K)

You don't have to follow the rules if you pirate the software.

Also rules like that for development of said software no longer make it free in either sense.

>reddit.com/r/BSD/comments/822yzv/freebsd_is_mass_banning_coc_critics_and_opening/
Isn't that just FeeBSD subreddit mods deleting similar posts?
The project management (of Linux) is not going to be handed over to that tranny. If need be the CoC may be a subject to revision.

It's not just linux, its everyone. This tranny is trying to control everything.

contributor-covenant.org/adopters

It already has

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 23.27.24.png (1442x1712, 234K)

>It already has
Source? Afaik, the Linux foundation still calls the shots, not that tranny

>The project management (of Linux) is not going to be handed over to that tranny. If need be the CoC may be a subject to revision.

why implement it in the first place? Linus has been screeching at shitty devs for years, so why is he suddenly cucking himself? Blackmail?

This.

sauce on that wallpaper please

>The rules will be used to punish people that I like and give favoritism to people that I don't like
>Why? I don't know, just trust me, those people are bad, and I am good
Do you realize where you are?

Is Linus trying to control everyone because his kernel is used on a lot of computers around the world?

>Every change that ever happens is a conspiracy or blackmail
Get a job

Go ahead an tell me this isn't going to fuck shit up in the future.

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f

see

someone please explain why expecting people to behave professionally is somehow bad

>falling for the sjw trojan horse

Attached: troy1.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Probably blackmail.
Probably it's about the recent flight fiasco

>no one could possibly have opinions I don't like
>everyone that does is a troll from Jow Forums

>Literally none of these things are true.
Wrong...

>I work with windows in a professional environment and the updates since Win10 have been a complete and total nightmare.
Helldesk LARPing as sysadmin doesn't count.

>Everything constantly gets reenabled after updates and they frequently change or remove methods for disabling telemetry and forced updates.
Because your admins don't know what they're doing.

Here's a hint - AD group policy...

>sticking with an OS whose leadership thinks that "merit doesn't have a definition other than excluding everyone who isn't a white male"
No. Just no.

>Do you realize where you are
>being banned by power hungry mods on Jow Forums is the same effect as being banned from developing a project
>I don't know the practices of these people as I don't know what a Twitter is
These are the type of people who ban politicians and get praised for it just because they disagree with them

>Other conduct which could reasonable be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Open ended definition. Realistically it'll mean that you now can't just say "this is bad as it is, and it requires X, Y, and Z before we can merge" as it's too direct. You tiptoe around the issue, which prompts arguing from the potential contributor, even if they don't know better. That's bad enough for a project as critical as the Linux kernel, but it's only worsened by...

>This CoC applies within project spaces and in public spcaes when an individual is representing the project [...] Representation of a project may be further defined and clarified by project maintainers.
The elia clause, introduced after Opalgate. It also applies outside the project if you're "representing the community". I've seen people arguing that merely having a high standing in a community means that you're representing it everywhere. So you must be in PR mode everywhere, effectively censored from any controversial opinion (political opinions aren't protected by the CoC, but a laundry list of other things are).

>[..] unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the Technical Advisory Board (TAB) at [..] The TAB is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident [...]
In any country, if someone wants to take an issue into court (a third party), both the litigants, the judges, the arguments of each part, and the result of the issue are public. But here, the accuser is protected from any consequence of lying, there's a judging committee that acts in mysterious ways, and even if you want to know more, this "TAB" is obligated to keep everything secret.

Only a fool would believe that this is about "niceness". It's about control. If it were about niceness and inclusion, there are other, shorter conduct codes, and if it were about inclusion, their proponents wouldn't spew that much hate on Twitter.

thanks

Attached: 1363486313280.png (3393x5000, 1.62M)

Eh I doubt it's blackmail personally. I think he has just seen everyone around him cave to the SJW gender queers. He's been feeling more and more pressure through the recent years, and he's been getting older and more tired himself. He has more than enough money to just walk away and retire. Hell I would do it too.

There isn't anything wrong on having conduct rules. The problem is a having one organization led by a tranny monopolizing whats considered acceptable and intolerable.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 23.42.17.png (1460x1660, 242K)

That's actually true. I visit /trash/ occasionally just to avoid the typical stormfront bullshit.

>You can disable telemetry

Attached: 1509067465850.webm (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Attached: 1529399658951.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

>This Code of Conduct prioritizes marginalized people's safety over privileged people's comfort and therefore we will not act on complaints regarding:
>'Reverse' -isms, including 'reverse racism,' 'reverse sexism,' and 'cisphobia'.

Harassment is okay as long as it is directed at groups I don't like.

What do you mean? The CoC, written by the tranny, was adopted by the Linux project management, tranny has no authoritative rights here. At this point you should be worried about the Linux Foundation being corrupted since ages more than that tranny taking over. The Linux Foundation has been sucking Microsoft cock for the last two decades and nobody gave a shit. Suddenly CoC is the bringer of apocalypse

> Enables Safe Search
> Doesn't know how Safe Search works
> Muh botnet!

Wow... fucking retarded.

Acting professionally isn't bad. The bad part is that it gives the social justice lynch mob ammunition to target developers that they don't like. So they'll watch and wait until the developer slips up and says something wrong, and cause such a massive scene over it that it's easier to just give in to them.

There is also just dumb wording.

Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or
reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions
that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or
permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate,
threatening, offensive, or harmful.

Like it's my responsibility to be the moral police if I want to be a project maintainer.

People will still defend this shit. Point out that MS routinely changes your settings to silently turn shit back on or that they install shit without permission and the fanboys screech "you're lying!!!", "that's actually a good thing, retard!!!" etc

Source?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-18 14-50-40.png (1618x1826, 294K)

It's so someone can say "LITERAL NAZIS ARE IN YOUR COMMENTS" and then they can get rid of you, too. This is old Stalinism shit

>Twitter
This is your problem, taking this shit seriously is bad for your health

>there are other, shorter conduct codes
Yes we know, the kernel used to have one, and it was bad. Shorter codes of conduct are not better, they just mean the additional rules are being kept secret from you.

I don't think you understand what being a maintainer actually is. Hint: most of it has nothing to do with writing code.

How long until this evolves into a terms of use on the software that states that they can take away your ability to use said software if the user do anything on it they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful?
>inb4 tinfoil hat
We've already gotten to this point what's stopping it from getting further

>sudo apt update
>"This machine is blocked from updates due to code of conduct and diversity violations"

>computer locks up
>determines you're in the uk
>this machine has contacted the authorities
>resistance is futile
>have a nice day

It is basically impossible at this point to change the kernel license from GPLv2. So that will not happen. Btw codes of conduct are not legally binding.

If you are worried about being ejected from a community or fired from your job because of political opinions that others find offensive, consider either using a pseudonym, or just keep those opinions to yourself.

>consider either using a pseudonym, or just keep those opinions to yourself.

I am not ashamed

Attached: donotbeashamed.jpg (702x1498, 198K)

Attached: ruri homepage.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

>use pseudonym
>make joke at expense of CNN
>they hire an investigator and threaten you if you don't apologize
You already have a digital footprint that can be followed back to you no matter how secure you think you are

I'm saying that there is more to it. Its quickly being adopted across the board. Babel, Google (Most likely the money maker), Hotels.com, .Net are all onboard. To gather all these companies and project to blindly adopt one organization rules within a few years is kinda suspicious. Then also being quickly propped up within two years by CNN, BBC, the Verge, The Guardian, Heatstreat, etc, is also fucking suspicious. It going to get enforce once she updates the "rules", especially when the big companies force the other project to follow suit.

opensource.google.com/docs/releasing/template/CODE_OF_CONDUCT/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 23.54.58.png (3328x1770, 413K)

Linux has no software
Windows 10 now has WSL

Linux now has no reason to exist

>Linux
>Windows 10
Lmao. Just come on over to Haiku, the white-mans OS!