Should I bother with a tiling window manager when I can use tmux?

Should I bother with a tiling window manager when I can use tmux?

Attached: tmux.jpg (1136x705, 85K)

install gentoo + dwm

i could not imagine going back to using a non-tiling WM

it's the best decision i've ever made bar none

Which one do you use?

>bar none
use polybar

Tiling window managers are unnecessarily complex solutions for a non-existent problem.

dwm

this holy shit
its all so SIMPLE

Absolutely no GUI > wm > de

I've been using the same dwm config for like 5 years now. One thing I did to customize it that really makes a difference is assigning my F1-6 keys to go to the corresponding workspaces.

Brainlet detected

i'm posting from the frame buffer console

Nah tmux is all you need. Use openbox instead.

Forgot my screenshot.

Attached: ArchLabs_2018-09-18-50_1366x768.png (1366x768, 1.08M)

it's clear you don't do anything productive.

A WM is like tmux for all your applications. Why wouldn't you use it? :^)

this
also you can change back and forth from floating to tiled. you can't lose...

I'm a developer for code of conducts.

was i right?
i was basing it off your low package count and the fact that your workspaces are dedicated to specific tasks which no productive person bothers with

Nah, I write my own software. I don't really have to install anything since I'm a systems developer. I just have a folder full of the packages I use and run the files directly. You'd never be able to do this because you're concerned about an irrelevant number. Stay mad.

i bet you wish you were capable of emotions like anger you little low-t beta boy.

You seem mad. Have you considered a self abortion?

> using a WM / DE at all
Fucking brainlets

What kind of ghetto OS doesn't automatically map F1-6 to ttys?

>t. archfaggot who spent years and is emotionally invested in wm's

I just use Alt+F1-6

I should have said "some combination of the modifier keys plus ..."

Thanks for the giggle.

Brainlet not understanding what a tiling wm is

Wow. Imagine all your other decisions sucking this hard.

Nobody on Jow Forums will admit this, but the only reason why the board likes tiling WMs is because they like to look l33t in desktop screenshots. Not because it's actually good.

me = my desktop looks like shit, different themes. shitty font, dont even have anything fancy in my status bar besides the time. stock icons.

quit making excuses for being shitty at computers and just man up and own it

I have a huge fucking screen at work and bug.n helps me handle the million windows I have open and keep them all big enough to read

Attached: brainlet.png (657x539, 110K)

Tmux breaks vim, you fucking noob

Same, except installing Gentoo was an even better decision.

good thing I use Kakoune

I use stumpwm. Im able to have it integrated with Emacs and run Emacs commands via my WM. This allows me to automate a lot of the build and development procedures. Also allows me to seamlessly swap between projects. Useful when needing to add feature to a library. It allies Mr me to configure frames in a specific arrangement within a group in an automatic way. Manually doing this would take minutes but I spent weeks automating this

Phantastic layout. Who's your waifu?