Is the only hope for the future to go back to computers being primarily offline with only occasional connections to a...

Is the only hope for the future to go back to computers being primarily offline with only occasional connections to a larger network in order to upload/download files?

Attached: 1526320906151.gif (413x469, 217K)

the internet is fine, the only people scared are pedos, terrorists and scammer. which one are you?

Why the fuck would you want that retard?

>Posted from my 386

It's more likely than you think. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Advert screens stuck on the Windows 10 update spinner at my local shopping mall. I watched "something happened :(" glitter in the darkness. All those files will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Attached: TearsInRain-8_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq40NVKkzKgy7iV1BEZjiceW48E5hk3wG0G0anVB7mS8E.jpg (480x300, 14K)

Kek

Reminder that the original music was kino and the sequel copy catted it with a shitty dance music remake.

People laugh, but this conception of information spreading is what kept the BBS so free in comparison to the web,

YES! Been saying this for ages. WWW was a mistake.

Maybe. You won't ever help sway the direction so just coast along with however much detachment suits you.

>You won't ever help sway the direction
Neither will you, because no amount of pushing at our level will overpower the effort of multi-national billionaire companies, especially when operating at their level.

Their biggest problem is that they're fat and heavy and weighed down by bureaucracy and HR departments, which is why letting Linux get as big as it did was a mistake as it becomes worth their time to slow it all down.

What we have over them is swiftness and the ability to basically do "what we want." If we make it a matter of course, for example, to have people's sites mirrored on our own it makes us far more difficult to take out in terms of footprint, but could you imagine the paperwork needed for these major companies and platforms to do anything even close to that? This is what it used to be like with text-files in the days of BBS.

I miss the thriving communities we used to have on usenet.

The thing about those communities is the depth of the contact. Due to how BBS and Usenet worked it was prudent to leave longer messages because you can't have quick back-and-forth snippets the way you can now, which is fine in a human conversation, but on the screen makes it all seem transient.

It's not too late to repent.

Start writing text-files.

Start trading text-files.

Start publishing e-zines.

Attached: RP_few_151003_0865-e1468785984751.jpg (300x388, 59K)

If normies ruined Internet, should I embark to the deep web?

Go live in a cabin in the woods you stupid luddite

>multi-national billionaire companies
yeah because the internet is something imposed upon us by greedy people right
not an something that's extremely convienent for the average human being

Why can't it be both?

The power elite hate the internet. Free information makes the general population much harder to control. They would prefer it if it was never invented in the first place

Considering cell phones are mobile computers, and wireless transmission generally causes brain damage and sterility, I'd say it's a pretty clear yes. But then overpopulation gets ya, so what can you really do.

He said, while posting on the world wide web.

Are you a masochist?

what ? sauce pls

>if you have problems with the current usage of technology and think it could be used better you might as well be a caveman

I'm sure this is just a shaming tactic used by corporate shills at this point. Nothing anyone has said betrays current technological capabilities, in fact this is just changing the context in which it is used. For example is only possible because storage is so cheap and personal sites are so small. It just changes the paradigm in which we operate for information spreading from centralised hosts (which tend towards large and heavy formats that by nature requite a central host) to disconnected hosts which are backed up by a general culture of disconnection in terms of information retention. 1 video = 10 podcasts = 1,000 documents

>changing the context
you're artifically limiting the way technology is used, which is never the right answer for anything
you're just slowing down the flow of information for what gain exactly?

>you're artifically limiting the way technology is used
No I'm not. You just got suckered into thinking that progress has to take the form of increasing frame-rate and video resolution.

>you're just slowing down the flow of information for what gain exactly?
How exactly do you measure "the flow of information" and how do you measure the speed of its movement? I'm not being a dick when I ask this.

Twitter has 500 million tweets a day. Could you convert that in to information per hour, please?