GameHut

youtube.com/channel/UCfVFSjHQ57zyxajhhRc7i0g

Anyone else watch this guy? I think it’s really relaxing to listen to this calm soft spoken guy talk about the random genesis games he made and all the cool little effects he programmed. It’s really made me appreciate all the little efforts and triumphs that go into this kind of thing that may never even be known.

Attached: image.jpg (900x900, 86K)

I love his vids, its nice to hear a game dev talk about the actual software developmemt side of things. I wish more game devs would do stuff like this. After all, a game is just another piece of software, even though they can be very fun its okay to treat it as such when discussing it, especially for educational purposes.

/vr/

He talks about programming and is almost certainly a lot better at it than a lot of the code monkeys in here. How can a board obsess over video cards so much yet have an autistic hatred of anything related to games?

This lad is based af

He's a bit of a sperg and a bit of a weirdo.
>this logo was done by a guy i met at a christian rock concert
Fucking what?

He’s a Christian. He made an entire video about bible stuff he hid in his games. He just doesn’t mention it all the time, but with that context it makes sense. He was at a Christian rock concert because he’s Christian and likes it

He sure managed to create very impressive effects on such limited hardware, but maybe he should have instead focused on making the games good.
I always feel like I'm watching someone who actually just wanted to make demos try to make a game.

That's on the mark. None of the games he made were good and shit like 3D blast is reviled, but they were really impressive on what they pulled off.

Watch some videos, that Toy Story music video was pretty cool.

That's true for a lot of the European devs at that time because they all started in the Amiga demoscene.

Like a guy in a food truck dreaming of being a sous chef
To be fair he probably just needed to pay the bills. The demo scene won’t do that. Making Mickey Mouse games sure fuckin will

My question is, where is he getting all of this beta code from. Like, is he making these videos while he's at work? Is he taking the code home with him to run on his home machine? Surely there must have been something in the contracts with his publishers about who owns the code and how it can be stored. Maybe it's different in gaming, but in enterprise software, your company is writing the code, but it's owned by the people paying for it and can only be run and stored on specific machines or specific network locations.

>He talks about programming
Toy programming.

Mad coding skills shit gameplay skills.

This, he's the Terry of vidya

nah, aint nobody like my nigga terry

t. faggot who thinks it’s about what you’re making instead of how are making it

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1080, 365K)

go back to your circlejerking on

the mickey mouse game was good

You mean the one where he cheated his playthrough because he said there are intentional difficulty jumps to stop people beating it in a single rental.
yeah amazing game design.

>he thinks that was unique for the time

>He still thinks that its a good game
A good game is one where the failure is caused by yourself not by the game,period.
The game looks amazing there is no denying that but the gameplay is absolute garbage.
That is indicative to all european studios from remedy,dice,ect.

Would be appropriate if it were about the games themselves, but he's really far more focused on the technical and programming tricks behind them.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Jow Forums's a bit shit.

With few exceptions, they were licensed games. Those were generally not good and they tried harder than most other developers who made them. They - as appreciates - paid the bills.

He (Jon Burton) founded the company; he's got the rights to show it to you, no problem. He probably doesn't have the rights to actually distribute the code, as the company was sold.

That was pretty common for the time.

>A good game is one where the failure is caused by yourself not by the game,period.
Game were very small back then. If a game was easy enough it could be beaten in a rental, then just that would happen and they'd lose sales. Remember, most games were made by 1-2 guys. It's surprisingly hard to make a game that is both good, and long, and can be done by one guy in a six month period.

>With few exceptions, they were licensed games.
Now I notice he has made few video about original TT projects, weird I guess.

>Game were very small back then.
''no''
They are all done by studios be that first or third party.
A short list of good games all done in that period(Genesis era).
I can beat Comix Zone blindfolded,and that is my definition of a well executed game.

Attached: 1513441005143.gif (1283x2473, 598K)

Sonic 1 and 2 can be beaten in an hour or two

And?
Arcade games are around 30 minutes if you are good.
Note how there are good arcade games and there are so called "quarter munchers".

hate to break it to you, but your crud web apps aren't complex