Why do Jow Forumsnumonkeys care about a coc for a project they will never work on?

Why do Jow Forumsnumonkeys care about a coc for a project they will never work on?

Attached: 1536527752381.png (2926x1024, 325K)

>why do people care about things
/r9k is that way -->

Coc literally just tells people to stop acting like Autistic manchildren is that too hard?

Attached: 1536532805281.png (646x822, 61K)

The wooden horse is just for decoration.
How can a man with such good taste for waifus be so retarded?

the coc assures that no-one actually competent will work on the project anymore
ie the project is as good as dead

Attached: 1505068190388.png (600x564, 473K)

Linux isn't an obscure project anymore, I mean it was kind of to be expected, if you've worked a day in your life, or interact with people outsude of this anonymous imageboard such a coc is pretty par for the course.

Attached: 1536183735639.png (460x789, 477K)

you are literally braindead. there are competent people that have been working on the kernel for years that literally drafted the coc. and there's also the people who literally get paid to work on linux.

Stallman and Linus are still on board, and if your complaining about bloat that seems to have been a problem long before this coc came out.

He's on HRT. You will too one day if you continue obsessing over anime girls.

Do you know where you are?

Attached: 1535668851500.png (643x643, 508K)

how dare you ableist cis het scum there are actual braindead individuals being persecuted by actual nazis like hitler and trump and swayze and travolta
follow your leader and shoot your self in the brain if you have any

>E-everyone that tells me to act professionally is an esjaydubya

Attached: 1535327396087.jpg (1100x733, 121K)

'professionally' implies to having a job and as such is ableist language
as unemployedically disabled i feel it is my duty to tell you this: nazi scum fuck to off

"We" may never work on it.
But other people will.
And CoC affects *them*.
If we are in the wrong for looking out for their interest, is the CoC not wrong for looking out for the interest of possibly-offended-minorities?

Really makes you think.

That's why logic trumps all, and the further you stray away from the Truth, the quicker you'll fall.
You can just watch, but I implore you to learn from others' mistakes. Your call.

Yeah fatass this is Jow Forums not a board meeting or a mailing list with people you work with.

Attached: na6opzjr42601.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

If that was the only reason, why was it necessary to replace the already in place CoC made by Linus that was almost identical

>ss
so you're confirming that you really are an actual schutzstaffel nazi fuck?
prepare to lose your job, fascist asshole

Begone commie parasite

This isn't as stupid as that hugging emoji incident. And please point to me the parts that go beyond basic human decency?

Attached: 1535649439022.jpg (452x582, 64K)

Why do you want open source to be like big corporations?

? What's bad about this

Attached: 1537244042082.png (1556x1300, 143K)

>inclusive language
I'm not calling trannies "xir"

>Being respectful of differing viewpoints
This is sarcasm

>Inappropriate in a professional setting
Fuck professional settings

Not all FOSS projects must follow this line but for a kernel used by a shiton of people and companies what did you expect? Even if your a billionaire you can't fling shit ass naked at the white house.

I mean even while giving a public speech, you don't expect the person to tear down his pants and shart out his chicken remedies at the crowd right?

Attached: 1528180173201.jpg (794x702, 112K)

>Why do Jow Forumsnumonkeys care about a coc for a project they will never work on?
It's not Jow Forums, it's Jow Forums. Can you now stop? This isn't exactly helping, there have been hundreds of threads not much different than yours.

The first one just implores you to not call other people working on the project faggots

The second one just asks you to be patient

The third one is again, something to be expected when the world eyes your project as something of great importance.

Have you anons never worked at all? Man no wonder you people can't find jobs, jfc is it that hard for you to take off your image board persona once you stop browsing Jow Forums?

Attached: 1536600919531.jpg (256x384, 25K)

that just means that 'please don't' is bigoted transphobic hatespeech once the circus freak starts slapping you in the face with it's shriveled penus

Attached: transwomyn.png (425x664, 418K)

It can go two ways. Either it will be ignored, or it will be abused.
Just observe. one way you'll have plenty of examples, or at best it will blow over and have no impact on the project at all.

Should such acts be encouraged in professional environment? Potentially destructive pieces of work that *at best* bring nothing to it?
Look at the bad PR Linux is getting from it already. Tell me it's a change for the better, go ahead.

>Conviently lmitting the part where trannies in san francisco get to control who is allowed to contribute and who isnt

Kys fsg

>dongle

I mean it isn't, I know there are some spergs that will use it to deal with their office politics by any competent group will be able to handle it, Linus by far seems to be such a guy.

The project is still in linus's and his teams hands, there was bad pr anyway when linus was smacking around the people that wrote bad code, Linux is too important with servers to be dumped away at this point, calm down your britches.

I mean say the worst happens, there is nothing preventing the core team from making another group dedicated to developing the kernel without this.

It is hardly the "death" of the Linux kernel

Attached: 1535234216690.jpg (519x690, 98K)

It should have never been allowed to happen

WHY CAN'T YOU FASCISTS JUST ACCEPT THE COC?

Attached: 1537273452136 (1).jpg (713x1268, 260K)

>Linux is too important with servers to be dumped away at this point, calm down your britches
Yes. This doesn't mean we have no grounds to get upset over a literal backdoor inserted into the project; project which, indirectly, most of us benefit from.

If it really is as you say and they can prevent any abuse from happening then we're just worrying over nothing.
It is still no less justified to worry preemptively over well-being of a project that is dear to our hearts. Which is pretty much what all this fuss on Jow Forums is about.

Well in the words of the author of this document, it's a political document. Also in the words of the author, they're against the notion of meritocracies. I'd suggest going and having a look at the author's manifesto.

So really the first and most important point is that this document represents a turning point in the FOSS ideology that GNU/Linux has been built from for nearly three decades. This decision has been taken without any communication or consideration for the wider community of developers. Which makes it at best hypocritical when the claim is that it's to better foster the community.

I'd compare it to the pope saying "hey turns out Jesus might not have been all we cooked him up to be". And then wondering why all the Catholics are a tad upset. Go have a look at the 'post-meritocracy' manifesto, and where they start linking to complaints about FOSS.

>People who are contributing their unpaid and underpaid labor are investing their time into companies that are profiting greatly and giving little back in terms of financial support. …
>Businesses are choosing candidates based on their open source contributions, knowing that they are getting more value for less money out of them. …
>This is akin to not paying someone for overtime.

This is in no way part of the Linux FOSS philosophy.

The next point is slippery slope language. It's becoming incredibly commonplace for certain groups to assert basic untruths such as "you can't be racist to white people" or "you can't be sexist to men". A CoC that then claims to ban members of the community when run by someone with this newspeak definition of racism and sexism fundamentally degenerates to a series of arguments about why it's fine to say on twitter "kill all white people" but not fine to say "kill all black people".
Personally I feel that if you ban one statement you should ban them both, and that time and time again we have seen that the people peddling these CoC's cannot, and will not do that.

Then git good and go become a core dev or something, isn't that what this board loves to brag about, how /l33t/ their code is

Attached: 1535207671923.jpg (2209x2466, 2.85M)

Well yeah it's because proprietary software sells and makes bank

Attached: 92633fc08f2815fd88d642f8dd8548ba6843e2a0460859ce139847c9cd44d3d0.png (1000x510, 212K)

Who is ready for /bin/bash/fasc/ to prove you are allowed to use Linux?

>this is what NPCs really believe

>The virgin voice cope

>if you don't like it, fix it!
user if you keep saying this you're going to get it

I know it's nice and all to have something you can rally around since most anons have nothing better to do, but it's not unreasonable to say that your love for something is gauged on your commitment to it, if you do think the Linux Kernel is in such peril why not prove yourself worthy of being part of directing the project?

Attached: 348c1d8b5d888450dab3609bcaa751834bea0e52cd348d81e0eb2b64dc3f2e43.jpg (719x1024, 136K)

Only good code is private code

By the time I redirect my priorities to be able to join, Stroggification will be mandatory there.

I'm not sure how that responds to my post. Could you perhaps elaborate?

Jow Forums has always hated codes of conduct like this.
Also to answer OP's question, a lot of the numonkeys use linux and don't want it ruined.

Money is power, software that makes the dollar will give it's owners far more say that software that doesn't, even if it is reprehensible.

Ain't never too late, you arnt scared about losing to troons are you?