Voice Assistant Daily

let's talk about voice assistants and home automation.

>which one do you use
>pros
>cons
>advice

Attached: Fotolia_95509194_Subscription_Monthly_M-1200x400.jpg (1200x400, 35K)

I use an Echo

how is it

But i'm starting to think it's a fucking waste of money and it's always snooping in on me

>ur mum
Pros:
>gives good head
>cleans up pretty well
>voice recognition is spot-on
Cons:
>Not the prettiest to look at
>A bit fat
Advice:
She told me you've been hanging out at night with this guy She'Quan. We both think he might not be the best influence for you.

You need to get on Snips.ai, I had weird shit happen to me with Alexa too, hearing weird sounds and voices, creeped me the fk out

what the fuck is a snips?

Actually this is an issue. I've experience several occasions where it would wake up to sounds from the television or my music.. Imagine if shit is voice squatted

wow their CEO seems legit

>Letting a botnet into your house because you are too lazy to do basic tasks

I made my own that is free, open source, spyware free and runs always listening on raspberry pi. She controls the lights and sets reminders, I add new features all the time and it's pretty user friendly(my gf uses it all the time).

Attached: yayayayaya.gif (500x281, 772K)

Thing is there are benefits, other than the privacy invasion

Want one, what voice recognition do you use? Is it local or ((((cloud based))))?

I only use voice tech when I'm driving with google maps.

Snips is also establishing itself in the automotive industry

wtf man

Snips also are partnered with a dutch semiconductor company with 10 bn USD yearly revenue. Just sayin'

bullshit

I don't buy it

It's 100% local, it's broken into two services: Whisper which runs on my NAS, it uses Sphinx CMU to transcribe audio data into text and sends it back via websockets and there is a client that runs on Pis which uses Snowboy hotword to always listen. Instead of a NAS you could run whisper on a VPS, which I have tested and considered.

If I had to say that there were cons it would be revolving around the Pi. The flash memory sucks, can become corrupt, the images are bloated and pis before the B3 are just useless for this. Most people have commented that the recognition is as good as their echos, but I still think I could tune it a lot more.

I tried snips before and wasn't super impressed at the time. It's what actually made me decide to create my own. Also you could not change the default name/hotword which was a real deal breaker.

Attached: cute_hex.jpg (474x516, 28K)

Samsung's bixby is great

So you can't use a different wakeword? really?

seriously?

>(((big tech)))
Voice assistants will only be acceptable when they're open source (or guaranteed to be private somehow)

i used a desktop voice control program thing something like 15 years ago and never found a good use for it

Yep, you are forced to use 'Snips' which is not just lame, but also a terrible wakeword because many other words sound or encompass it so you get a lot of false positives when always listening. With Snowboy hotword I can use any word, or even multiple wakewords. I landed on using a foreign name that I thought unusual enough to not be called out by mistake.

Additionally I really didn't like the way Snips is ((free)) they basically generate you a black box via their website you have to run and trust. At least Snowboy Hotword provides you with their Tensors so you can just generate your own models.

Attached: monika_dance.gif (400x600, 633K)

Fuck off snips shills

Gib

Post more kukuri

The only thing I use voice for is to set my alarm at the end of the day, because it's actually faster than setting it manually.