/spg/ - Smartphone General

Redmi Note 6 Pro Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 06.jpg (728x491, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-redmi-note-5
youtu.be/L5VWWba0coY
youtu.be/IXLvNrUTUYw
telcel.com/personas/equipos/telefonos-y-smartphones/xiaomi/meg7.html?version=negro-32GB
reddit.com/r/Android/comments/9g1lgp/the_samsung_4x_fun_event_is_a_galaxy_a_series/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What to upgrade to, im on moto x pure

Why can't Sony release a new phone every year like all other companies do, instead of every 6 months?
Also, why won't they put OIS on any of their cameras or variable aperture?

any news on the RN6?

it's a rn5 with a notch

Which carrier is better? T-Mobile or Verizon? I usually like to stream shit so at the end of the month I go above 40GB of data. But at the same time, I don't want to pay a fuckton for Verizon.

>not having 4G LTE
Okay nevermind, it does support 4G for some carriers. How bad is it that some of the bands are not supported, like 1/5 for example? Does that mean I'm likely to have spotty coverage more than other phones that support all the bands?

Link: kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-redmi-note-5

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (915x411, 30K)

Also I want to see more Sony phones under 5 inches

How badly does Quickcharge fuck up your battery lifespan?
My phone supports Quickcharge but it seems insane. Something like 30 minutes of charge for 100% from 0% but running that much current through the battery seems like a bad idea for the long term

if this is the case and it doesnt have any other improvements ima just buy a rn5

Good phone for the price. There is no other phone at that price that can even compete with it, except for some niche things.

Are the pocophone 3.5mm audio issues fixed yet? (If no, will they ever be?) Deal breaker right now...

in a nutshell: it's cheap as fuck with decent specs, only topped by the pocophone f1 in terms of value for money (but that costs ~$120 more at least)

T-Mobile has more 4g coverage.

Gf dropped my oneplus 3 completely destroying the screen. Any compatible phones nowadays that aren't expensive as shit? How do the other chink brands hold up since I know nothing about them. Also, wtf is 'honor phone'? Amazon keeps showing it for only 200 bucks.

JerryRigEverything's Pocophone teardown video is out:
youtu.be/L5VWWba0coY

Here's the earlier durability test if you missed it:
youtu.be/IXLvNrUTUYw

Wait what, what is this issue?

General consensus is "only use it when you actually need it" and you should be fine, or just listen to schizoboomers and their "IT ILL FRIE YER PHONE"

still rocking a 128GB iPhone 6s from launch day lads
now that I know how to replace the screen, water resistance gasket, battery, and that iOS 12 gave performance boosts, I'm set for another couple of years.

What's your current phone? pls respond

Samsung Galaxy S7

V20

Nokia 8 64gb

XZ1C

I just got the Redmi 5 Plus. Quite happy about it. My games doesn't lag and I didn't expected to have Oreo.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-18-11-56-49-022_com.miui.home.png (1080x2160, 1.68M)

S8 exynos but thinking of selling it and getting the XZ1 instead.
How's the touch screen sensitivity for the XZ1/c, user?

redmi note 5

>touch screen sensitivity
zero issues

Nice, thanks. I'm playing a chink rhythm mobage and the exynos' GPU doesn't cut it on 3d settings.

iphone 8 plus

Are there any chink phones that aren't 6 inches?

I've enjoyed having a smaller screen, if any, 5.5" could be fine.

Any chink phones with actually good CPU's but smaller form factor though?

Redmeme note 3 qualcomm. Still works great but there's always the itch to upgrade.

Moto G second gen

Xiaomi taking over mexico confirmed. Where did you get it? I bought mine from Coppel lol, it was the only place at the time. Now I see them at Fábricas de Francia, Sears, Walmart.

HTC U11

Mi Note 3

I was passing by a Telcel store yesterday and I saw them: telcel.com/personas/equipos/telefonos-y-smartphones/xiaomi/meg7.html?version=negro-32GB

They introduced them pretty recently. I was already thinking about getting a contract and they're free with the $599 MXN plan, so whynot.

How much data for that plan? I'm also thinking about going that route...

Unlimited calls/sms
7000 MB
Social Media shit

There is a promo of double MB for a year right now.

Any ideas as to why a phone wont send/receive sms? Everything else works just fine. Tried everything Google came back with. No results.

Note 5

Why do smelly Pejeets and Brazilian third world fuckers get Oreo first?

Attached: Screenshot_20180918-074534.jpg (1008x1792, 195K)

Apparntly the F1 has quiet, and pretty bad headphone output, due to no internal dac, and shit usage of the sd845 dac. Probably fixable in software, however. If xiaomi doesn't fix it, some pajeet will.

Did you try the sim card in another phone?

>type-c
nice
>notched
>and apparently no audio jack too
JUST. Why couldn't they just make RN5 with type-c and better processor? I don't need something hueg like Mi max 3

I've owned the Mi Max 2 for quite a while now, and I see the Mi Max 3 as a mistake.

This phone very barely fits in my pocket as it is, and now they're going to make it even bigger? I'm one of the strongest advocates FOR big screens, but I'm going to have to look into buying pants with bigger pockets if this keeps up.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Attached: 1523323458766.jpg (700x400, 12K)

OnePlus 3T

Pajeets are the loudest complainers (lots of feedback) but are used to being treated like shit, makes them perfect for beta testing your broken patches.

No, and here is why. Messaging works sporadically. Google rec'd trying that, but seeing as how it's a crapshoot on it working. So I know it's not a phone issue.

Should I get the Galaxy Note 9 or wait for the S10?

Attached: 1531263909199.gif (540x304, 2.67M)

Maybe you've set network to LTE only. Happened to me once.
Well, the Max line is exactly that. Not all Xiaomi devices are even nearly as big.

You're mistaken. The phone is barely any bigger, what changes mostly is the screen size. Really, if you compare both devices they're almost the same exact size. You can temporally use a Mi Max 2 cover for a Mi Max 3 (though it doesn't fit the camera, fingerprint sensor or buttons, obviously).

However software wise Mi Max 3 is absolute shit. Xiaomi.eu ROM, the one most people recommend, is really buggy on it. If you acquire this phone through chink stores with a global ROM, you're bound to have real problems as you're going to receive an unlocked bootloader and a "fake" ROM. It's also more complicated to deal with the phone without fucking up thanks to its anti-rollback protection. Thanks Xiaomi. I know you fuckers want to "protect your customers" but god are you fucking unhelpful.

On the other hand, right here I have a Mi Max 2 with the xiaomi.eu ROM, I don't have those problems, all I had was a 72 hour waiting period to unlock the bootloader, but the ROM works nicely and somehow faster (?!) than the fucking Mi Max 3 on it. It's dumb. Better hardware is supposed to work better, but nah. No way.

You should wait for proper AOSP based custom ROMs.

Honestly I do like the whole MIUI thing more. I wouldn't have bought this if I was looking for stock Android.

Ive tried to set it to LTE/CDMA/GMS/UMTS. It searches, but it always reverts back to Global.

Try changing your default SMS app and restarting. QKSMS is the FOSS option.

I think my MiMax2 is going to be one of my long-time phones. I had my Note 4 for 3+ years, and then diddled around with a one or two cheap low-to-mid-tier phones. I've got myself a MiMax2 now and I don't think I'll be moving away from it for another 3+ years, unless something incredibly revolutionary comes along.

About to purchase a G6 from Fi to use on verizon. Any reason I shouldn't do it? X4 requires at least a month of service so it's effectively 80$ more on fi and I don't think it's enough of an upgrade to justify that price. But if there's any expectations that there will be a good sub 250 verizon compatible smartphone in the next two weeks I'll hold off on the G6 purchase

>He hasn't upgraded to Oreo yet

Marshmallow is the bare minimum to post here btw.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 767K)

If I want to keep a phone for 3-5 years, I'd be happy to see software updates once in a while during that period.

Is it non-existent for most phones, even top models?

Android phones get software updates for 2-3 years from launch, iPhones for 5 to 6. Though with many android phones you can install a custom ROM to keep getting updates.

Why does Apple make poorfags so bitter?

I'm not poor, I just fucking hate iOS and apple in general.

What's to hate on iOS versus Android?

Moto G5+

I also moved back to miui because lots of shit was missing with stock android.

It's quite ugly tho not that android is beauty in general with all this white material shit.

If you don't care about the pen then wait if you can. Samsung also got a new event in october but I don't think we know what is gonna get annonced.

Apparently an A-series phone
reddit.com/r/Android/comments/9g1lgp/the_samsung_4x_fun_event_is_a_galaxy_a_series/

I use a MVNO on T Mobile, so I dont know what T Mobile itself charges. But their speeds are pretty good and their 700 mhz band provides good coverage deep into buildings.

Why do you have the default browser on your home page?

I got the phone yesterday at night, I haven't organized the launcher yet.

What do you guys suggest between the Motorola g6 plus and the Nokia 7 plus?

No gaming, I mainly use it to just text and I occasionally take photos so a decent camera wouldn't be bad at all. The better the battery life and power efficiency of the chipset the better. I would like to keep the phone for a good while so durability is preferable. Planning on rooting and ricing too if I get the chance

Attached: 1536917887006.webm (640x360, 1.74M)

>he doesn't have pie already
Pathetic

Pocophone

Any difference with the camera?

I used a qucikcharger every day since I got my Nokia 7 plus in early June. Recently I think the battery life is getting shittier. I hope some app si fucking it up, but I'll use a slower one from now on.

But ugly notch :((((((((((((

But ricing :)

Nokia for everything except rooting and ricing(it's possible if you pay a shady man 5 dollars and then root using a very complicated process, but some people on xda have done it and ofc there's a tutorial)

get over it

No main menu, no way to make my phone simple, GOTTA HAVE ALL THESE BUTTOMS.

Any decent poorfag phones that can run decently run Fate GO?
I've heard that Xiaomi Mi A1 runs the game ok, but it's still a budget Chinaphone and I'm very skeptical towards them.
I like the fact that it has a stock Android OS a lot but after looking at other Android One phones, all of them seem too expensive for me.
So maybe there are some better choices than A1 in terms of performance for a similar price?

Thanks mexanon that deal sounds tempting.

>Redmi Note 6 Pro Edition
Doesn't work for shit on LTE in the USA 6 Pro Edition

Thank you for making a product I have no use for, Xiaomi! Keep up the good work and keep me buying overpriced Oneplus and Moto phones. Who needs your business? Not US, that's for sure.

Maybe if you stopped spending money on mobage shit you wouldn't be a poorfag

>stopped spending money on mobage shit
In order to do that I'd need to start spending money on mobage first. FGO just happens to be the only smarthphone game I'm interested in. I'm a pure poorfag otherwise.

Redmi Note 5

Anyone know how to bypass the need for iCloud when you completely reset on an new iPhone, or completely remove everything from an iPhone without access

Can’t find a solution that doesn’t involve paying someone in China or India

There is no solution. Not even the fbi can solve it.

Honor 8

Then can I just use Jow Forums skills and brute my way through or completely wipe it.

>Who needs your business? Not US, that's for sure
Not the contrarian and greedy US carriers for sure. It's not their fault, as these phones were never intended for the US market. Also, how do you expect competitive prices when their special network bands require fees?

Redmi Note 5, Mi A2 or Mi A2 Lite? Also, how much difference will having 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM make?

>best smartphone coming through

Attached: LG_V35_ThinQ_9.0.jpg (1200x800, 78K)

Will the Redmi Note 6 Pro be worth it?

RN5

If you're thinking of the Note 5 6 gigs version, that one isn't international.
By that time Poco will have a price drop, so most likely no, unless it will come with US bands.

Moto G4+

Really expecting Xiaomi's new launches to upgrade.

Price? I don't that's going to be worth it.

Is iphoneSE still worth it?

Samsung Galaxy s8+