/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1406242020422.jpg (300x315, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AVexchange/comments/9gnkdi/usatx_h_audeze_lcd_2_schiit_valhalla_2_w_paypal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw ordered a Schiit Modi back in August and it still hasn't shipped
If I knew it was going to take two months to get my order I could've bought something better off of massdrop for the same price.

Attached: thereareabou.jpg (410x512, 56K)

>Budget
100-150 USD
>Location
USA
>Source
TV
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
>better sound quality
Absolutely
>Sound signature
Crisp trebles and some bass

I need wireless headphones to listen to TV.

Okay /hpg/ give me the lowdown.
Are the worth it -
>reddit.com/r/AVexchange/comments/9gnkdi/usatx_h_audeze_lcd_2_schiit_valhalla_2_w_paypal/

Only good headphones I have owned or heard are the hd600. Dont plan on selling them

>Budget
~$50-120
>Location
Central-eastern Europe (t. polack), budget in PLN: 200-450 PLN
>Source
Phone and laptop (mostly laptop)
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfort please
>Sound signature
Neutral/slight V-shaped
>Past headphones
Superlux HD681 EVO II, Xiaomi HD earbuds

note: I've been eyeing Sennheiser HD 569 (but they're kinda expensive) and Sennheiser 4.30, but that treble bump looks fucken scary

Hey /hpg/ I asked this towards the end of last thread: I saw some pretty good reviews for the beyerdynamic custom one pro and they seem like the headphones I've been looking for for a while. I'd like to try them out but there are none nearby, so I trust you guys' expertese. Get or no?

forgot to add that I will be using them with the jds el amp. Do they have enough power to run them?

>needing an amp

Attached: 1475003880611.gif (784x860, 178K)

I've got 3 of the most popular headphones priced around ~$200. Ask me anything.

Attached: 1234.jpg (1280x960, 116K)

Trips decides how I destroy the dac. Quads I'll kill myself. If you can guess my middle name I'll give it to you for free if you can pick it up.

Ps. Topping dac sounds exactly the same

Attached: IMG_2541.jpg (4032x2182, 1.51M)

middle name = john

also rolling for making a bomb out of that dac and sending it back to schiit

DT 1990 > HD600/650/660/6XX/58X

Yes, I too love highs that make my ears bleed.

>buy new 200 euro headphones
>max volume in both windows and the software
>everything is too quiet for my tastes
Literally what am I doing wrong? Is this how expensive headphones are? Is it to protect the ears?

yes this is one of the features you pay for
you'll get accustomed to it

middle name: Jesus

cook it in the oven with some onions, basedbeams and vegan turkey

>He paid $200 for a pair of high impedance headphones and doesn't even know what that means
Buy an amp

Not too bad I guess. Blasting music is a bad habit anyway.

>200 euro headphones
what 'ans do you 'ave?

Get an amp.

>basedbeans
I fucking love wordfilters.

HD600. It was strongly recommended on here.
>amp
What faggotry is this? Why doesn't an expensive headphone work out of the box?

>What faggotry is this? Why doesn't an expensive headphone work out of the box?
But it does work out of the box, you just need an amp to make it louder :^)

I hope you're trolling, but in the event that you're not: great headphones require more power. It's that simple. If you're powering $200 headphones through your PC's onboard audio, then you've wasted your money anyway.

>fuel
What faggotry is this? Why doesn't an expensive car work out of the box?

Yes, I too love talking about headphones I've never heard.

HD600 have a pretty high impedance at 300ohms, to get their full effect you're gonna need an amp. If you're willing to put up $200 on headphones and not even willing to get off onboard audio maybe you should stick to beats.

Tin audio t2 masterrace

Anything more is snake oil

Y'all got aspburgers

I can tell

Don't waste your money on an amp. It's an audiophile meme and won't make your headphones louder.

Just like spending $200 on headphones then :^)

>won't make your headphones louder
>literally the sole purpose of an amplifier
That's it, trolling or not, I'm out of this stupid fucking thread.

Beyershills need to stop memeing their shitphones

Which one should I get lads? I probably can get most of those for half the price on ebay so it's not that bad.

Attached: 2846.jpg (1446x930, 188K)

i'm sorry boredom makes you do some terrible things the truth is i'm a very sad individual

The FiiO and SMSL are alright budget options. The other two aren't headphone amplifiers.

the E10K will drive them to deafening levels and also has a transparent dac which is nice

Got one for 40 bucks. Thanks.

Middle name, Clark

Drown it in a public pool

don't forget to turn on the high gain switch when you get it

what's the point of rolling? you lied about leaving /hpg/ and /ag/ and yet here you are. attention whoring asking for (You)s

Diminishing marginal returns is not snake oil

Is this actually honest advice or some meme that will break my eardrums?

Attached: 130221984383.jpg (600x578, 45K)

It will only break your eardrums if you set the volume to max

He's not trolling. Amps generally perform better on higher gain, regardless of what volume you're on, unless it's close to minimum.

E10K has a bright blue power LED, so you might want to desolder it/snap it off if that bothers you

>such intense autism over a power LED
nice

Which one do you use most?

But high gain is more liable to clip, so watch it!

Yeah it's a really funny autistic side comment. That's why I love this place.

same

I probably wear the K712 the most. I think the M1060 sound better, but the AKGs are noticeably lighter than the rest.

I got a pair of AKG-K702’s did I get meme’d?

Good headphones if you're okay with a slight lack in bass and slightly shrill highs at times.

It's annoying

Actually instead of destroying it I should send it to them with a surprise Middle name isn't Jesus I wonder if I dumped it on water would it work again after drying out Lighten up, Charlie. Not everyone is a grumpy bitter manchild who's assblasted by my mere presence. Learn to LET GO
If doubles I will hang my self with my power cords

Attached: IMG_3762.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

>trolling on massdrop/sbaf
>pretending to ask for purchase advice multiple times
>saying you'll sell the yggy but never did
>now pretending you'll hang yourself
you have a reputation of being a liar, get out.

First two points happened over a year ago. I don't troll anymore. I've shown no evidence of lying either. Says more about you than me that you are still so assblasted over shit I did ages ago. I would sue you for libel if I knew your identity. Try harder sweetie. Also I haven't gotten around to selling yggy yet, big deal. I actually use the topping d30 now, bought one a few weeks ago. i ask again

Why are you so mad?

Attached: IMG_3563.png (360x594, 250K)

middle name: Jamal
empty the insides and install an ODAC in their place, send it to Zeos as a custom DIY mod
send the insides to Marv with a letter signed by Amir

Also the hang mysef thing is a joke that probably isn't funny but it's in response to this one user (who's probably you actually) who keeps telling me to kms.

Attached: IMG_3639.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

>send the insides to Marv with a letter signed by Amir
Would be funny but everyone on sbaf knows the serial number of my yggy so sending it to Marv seems like a bad idea

Attached: IMG_1615.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

>Why are you so mad?
I'm not, I'm gate keeping an attention whore.
>it's a joke
obviously, because you have no spine. you never sold your yggy, you won't destroy or get rid of it now. if anything you are trying to pretend to give it away to dox users like last time when you were asking for user's steam/email

is it better than a HD 25?
I have some MDR 7506 which I use on the bus but it probably is less of a hassle to have these there.

if you waste $200 for a headphone at least it should work

It does work tho. I've driven HD 600 on cell phones just fine

Fuck off. I don't want to hear about your personal life. Stop responding to his posts you annoying cunt.

They do work though, they just sound better with an amp.

Anyone have the Tin Audio T2/T2 Pro from Massdrop? I'm thinking of ordering because it seems great for its price.

middle name: William (how the fuck are you going to know that you're giving the dac away to the right person?)

Don't destroy the DAC, sell to some delusional cuck and by you and your wife something nice instead

Attached: 1513963256620.jpg (1536x2048, 286K)

>I'm not, I'm gate keeping an attention whore.
I don't know what you just said here but the only thing you're doing is doing a good job trying to tilt me because I'm easily baited. Your logic of attention whoring would dictate anyone that posts a picture with gear they want to own or do own is an attention whore. Nah, I think what is more likely is you're threatened (why, I dunno) by my activity here. You've been completely hounding my ass relentlessly non stop for about 16 months now. Granted about 6 of those months was warranted but as I stated I stopped trying to mess with people a while back. If you keep ignoring this fact and bringing old news I'm gonna just stop responding because this shit has gone on for too long.
>obviously, because you have no spine.
Lol what is this supposed to mean? I'm not actually depressed so I wouldn't ever off myself. Now you're just being weird. You must be really upset frien...

>you never sold your yggy, you won't destroy or get rid of it now. if anything you are trying to pretend to give it away to dox users like last time when you were asking for user's steam/email

Wut. I haven't sold the Yggy yet because I let a friend borrow it. Why are you making up all these random ass accusations like I'm trying to dox people and shit? I've never done something like that and never would. Stop whining

Attached: IMG_3374.png (847x713, 327K)

>Your logic of attention whoring would dictate anyone that posts a picture with gear they want to own or do own is an attention whore.
nope, my idea of an attention whore is someone who says they are going to do something (for attention of course) but doesn't do it. today's posts of yours is just another one to add to the long list :)

I just got the HD569 and use it as my new daily driver at my computer, and when needed I use them in my living room connected to the Xbox controller.

The passive noise reduction works very well dampening the nuclear reactor in my computer.
I played Mass Effect 7 hours straight on Sunday without any problems with comfort, but ears needed breathing having them on for that long.

They sound.. unfatiguingly-dry, I use them for a variety of things and they never sound bad and my ears don't get tired of using them.
But they are not exciting, like broccoli.

I bought them for $130 and I feel they are very good all-arounders for that price.

*yawn* you're not making any sense. Go home, Stephen.

>how the fuck are you going to know that you're giving the dac away to the right person?
Probably some kind of verification. I'd only give it to someone who would pick it up (which would limit the giveaway to Canadians) with the stipulation they don't sell it.

Attached: IMG_3061.jpg (501x501, 60K)

I need to get some new headphones Jow Forums and I'm not sure where to start in todays market.
>350-500$
>Canada
>An old hitachi amp + dac from the 80's, I need a new one to go with the headphones so reccomend me a pairing
>full headphones, open
>as comfy as my current headphones, hd 598's
>probably want something more neutral, listen to a lot of idm if that helps

Using them right now, I like them. Only thing is I found the stock eartips uncomfortable. I got a bunch of black silicone tips for 99 cents from China though, and that solved it.

Any questions about them?

Have you tried the HD600?

I have not, it seems like them or the HD650 would be a good choice but I'd also like to try out other brands instead of only owning sennheiser.

Beyerdynamic might be a good choice then. If you can find a pair of DT1990s on sale, otherwise the DT990s and 770s are also decent. Beyer's house sound is very different from Sennheiser though, so if you can sample them before buying I would.

I agree

I fucking love my M1060s but they are crazy uncomfortable. Know of any mods to make them more comfy?

That's really what I'm looking for, something different to try new stuff. What kind of amp would you reccomend to go with them?

LCD pads + zmf pilot pad

Is there something really wrong with your current amp?

I've been using the T2s for the past month and I love them enough to want an upgrade for home
I know its somewhat of a meme around here, but the hd600 are the way to go right?

Attached: 1537235997218.jpg (700x875, 102K)

If you like the T2s the 600s might be a little to warm for your liking.

what amp's do you already own? also what is your budget?

HD600 is like a bigger T2 yeah. Less sub bass though.

Why is everyone guessing names with J? I'll go with justin

I don't really know to be honest, all I know is that it's an old hitachi and someone once told me it's got high impedance. It's an HPT-10 if you want to look it up, I don't know its specs, just that with my current setup I can't really do highs that well.

Whats are some other brighter options then?
I dont own any so I need to look into that too. 400€ for both headphones and amp

>Whats are some other brighter options then?
Beyerdynamics

>Budget
$300 max
>Location
US
>Source
Personal PC. An AMP I guess if necessary?
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Max. Long sessions are the norm and comfort over quality
>Sound signature
N/A
>Past headphones
Cheap shitty razer headphones I got as a gift. Felt like $30 plastic and "faux" leather

You got the Kraken?

AD900X + Brainwavz Pads, K702, DT880 250ohms, HD600, Fidelio X2.

I think? I threw them away months ago when the headpiece snapped after taking them off. They were the bright green "gaming" ones. Worst headset I've ever experienced.
Thank you user!

Thanks user
>unfatiguingly-dry
>not exciting, like broccoli
So I suppose they'd be great for various genres?

how is Mass Effect 7?

Please please please tell me you aren't talking shit and will actually destroy it.

I love mine. Comfy af. Barely worse that he400i but much nicer to wear. Ill let you know how thet stack up to the new 58x when they come in tomorrow.

>Budget
$500 flex
>Location
US
>Source
Aune x1s
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Very