Muh choice to update when i want

>muh choice to update when i want
>muh non-existent telemetry/spygate
>muh non-existent malware
>muh shit-tier proprietary knockoff software

literally the only quarrels Jow Forums has against using windows. and to such an extent they're willing to go out of their way and spend 1000 hours configuring their linux os to just the way they want it to be.

that all ya got Jow Forums?

kyselves

Attached: 1501813731168[1].jpg (228x221, 8K)

Jow Forums does not use linux anymore, install BSD

Dude an Ubuntu install takes 20 minutes tops. What the fuck are you talking about

Get a Mac
It just works

I have a job

I can't have a laptop that randomly decides to reboot and update for 10 minutes mid presentation.

lmao windows is for fags

Idk, I use Windows 7.

every linux install i've done post 2016 has installed faster than windows

You need to create three or four partitions for Linex. Windows 7 installs in only one partition.

On Linux you can put it all in one partition or have as many as you want.
>Femanon
stop namefagging faggot nobody gives a shit if you think youre a female

>software & update center
that happens with ubuntu as well

i tried Linux for about a week, and read a book on it before that. the terminal is fantastic, but xfce is buggy shit and 99% of software that doesn’t come from official repos end up having a host of dependency errors and bugs, leaving you with about an extra hour of working through bullshit to get your application to work correctly

>that all ya got Jow Forums?
>Jow Forums is one person
Yeah, that is "all we got" and none because you chose to ignore it. What do you have in defense of Windows or MacOS?
>kyselves
Ah, great argument. Installing OS with amount of data mining/profiling even Orwell couldn't have dreamt of as we speak. Where do you people even come from? Is it /v/?

>software & update center
>that happens with ubuntu as well
You are full of fucking shit. Do you want me to tell you how I know you've never used a single distro?
>leaving you with about an extra hour of working through bullshit to get your application to work correctly
Cool story. You could've decided NOT to Xfce and use the only sane DE option at this point - KDE. But that makes too much sense and wouldn't make a good shitpost, right?

• oob no screen tearing
• oob gpu acceleration
• oob file manager thumbnail preview
• oob file chooser upload browser thumbnail preview
• IDE that doesnt take 1000 hours to replicate across vim
• oob crisp font rendering with unicode support
• xbutton (mouse button back/forward) + key shortcut combos
• touchcursor
• adobe creative suite (i dont care about wine)

it just works.

this

>that happens with Ubuntu as well
No it doesn't

This statement is false and ignorant.

... yeah? i don't want to update my system until i have a chance to audit the updates
it is also important for me to be able to choose which ones i want while excluding others
also, as the system operator i need to be able to control the system. if there is something that the system doesnt "permit" me to do, then that system is going in the trash.
>muh non-existent telemetry/spygate
it is demonstrable that windows 10 maintains unessential and undesired outgoing connections at all times
what these connections are for is up to debate, but either way they are a security concern that i dont want in my system
>muh non-existent malware
it could be argued that software that causes irritating and difficult-to-disable messages, prompts, and system restarts could be called malware
>muh shit-tier proprietary knockoff software
being able to modify parts of programs that interfere with my workflow or could otherwise be improved is an important part of how i work

>spend 1000 hours configuring their linux os to just the way they want it to be
i do this with every operating system, including windows
its just something that an enthusiast does, especially if they are a developer as well

It's funny because Microshit put in forced updates because retards, like most Jow Forums users, refused to take security updates and in general would cause issues.

an operating system is a tool

just because some retards stick screwdrivers up their asshole and die doesn't mean screwdriver manufacturers need to make retard-proof screwdrivers
i would never buy a retard-proof screwdriver, no matter how much better off the rest of the world may be with one
i would never use a retard-proof operating system either

I use mac and yes I'm a faggot.

No point on using linux when you have hardware backdoor, technology became trash tier with everybody wanting to shove spyware on every possible level, tbqh I'm still on Win7 pretelemetry bullshit just because I don't want to deal with stupid updates and it calling mother base when I'm on limited data.
But seriously how can you fight telemetry in current year? discord collects every program you open, heck everything does it now, there is no escape.